1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tesla Play: Making the most out of your TSes on an enfo

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 22 Jul 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Tesla shields on an enfo mk6 are an amazing gamechanger. You can literally use them for EVERYTHING. I'm gonna be talking about some basic tesla play, as I call it. Moves that help newbies get used to the mk6 in no time. Please note that I'm not even pretending to be a pro TS user, and feel free to comment on my posts.

Setup:-
    As a basic TS user, your setup is likely to be an epic+a rare. Either way, there will usally one strong shield and one weak shield. My advice, as of this new update, is to use all HP on one and all duration on the other. Which one to use HP on?

Well, if you're more of a brawler, I suggest HP on both. That, or HP on the stronger shield and duration on the weaker one. Because you're a brawler, you need to tank down a LOT more than a ranger/dancer enfo. So the weaker shield will simply sustain you in those long sniper duels where you need to close down on your opponent and when you get within knifing range, start up your stronger bulletproof shield, and let 'em have it!

If you're a sniper who plays from across the map, I suggest duration on both. Snipers don't have much bite to them, but make sure you stay the hell away from excannon range most of the time.

If you're a dancer/ranger, I suggest the "parryblade". Strong shield on all duration, weak shield on all HP. You want to have both shields capable of handling blast shots at the very least, because you're gonna be beating down yellows who are ON POINT with their accuracy, BUT can make the mistake of thinking that a ranger is a brawler, expecting a weak shield and a strong shield instead of both strong shields.
    Example: My setup rn:-
    Screenshot_2018-07-22-11-47-19-726_com.rovio.battlebay.png Duration^^ Screenshot_2018-07-22-11-47-24-765_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    HP^^
    Screenshot_2018-07-22-11-47-14-373_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    Full setup^^

Now that we've covered the gear section, let's move on to tactics. I'll discuss tactics based on the context of the battle. Also, I'll only be talking about the ranger style since that is what I'm experienced with.
    1. Fixerless teams:
    • At the start of the battle, as a ranger, you're gonna want to find that perfect "perch" from where you can move fast, advance, retreat or dance. You might run into snipers. It is better to have the automatic reflex of throwing up your duration shield the moment YOU spot the first enemy. This protects you from sniper fire which may otherwise easily take you out of play at the very start of the fight.
    • Now when the battle breaks out. You're gonna see mortar fire and firebombs and all sorts of attacks. However. The most important thing is to remember that you should NOT overreach. Now I know a lot of us like to protect teammates from gunfire. But remember to NOT reach out to a position where you're far from a "perch" and cannot defend yourself when your shields go down. Overreaching is a MAJOR mistake that you should learn to detect and correct at the earliest.
    • Again, when protecting teammates, make sure you're not biting off more than you can chew. For example. If you have a full HP defender you're trying to protect, and he's drawing aggro, do NOT try to shield him if a bunch of bertas are heading towards him and, at the same time, he's in firing range of excannons from the enemy. You'll lose both your shields and about 40-50% of your HP for good measure, at the advantage of saving that defender about 20% of his total HP count. Oh yeah, also...
    • You can stack up shields. Stacking shields has its own set of rules and logic.
    1. For one, do NOT stack shields when you know both of them are gonna go down. You'll be left with NO defence and enemies bearing down on you. Better to take the second hit and erect your second shield when running.
    2. Next, WHEN to use WHICH shield. This depends on whether you're advancing or retreating.
    3. If you're advancing, you HAVE to activate your duration shield first, then erect your HP shield. That way, if your HP shield breaks, your duration shield will take more shots. Why? Because IF you use your duration shield above your HP one, and the duration shield breaks in two shots, the HP shield is only gonna have enough duration to stop ONE shot, leaving you exposed. However, if you do what I say, your HP shield will take two shots, and you can stop two more shots before your duration pops. Without a healer supporting you, the difference of one shot can be gamechanging.
    4. If you're retreating, pop your HP shield first, get stunned, tank a hit, then pop the duration. It will give you more sustain and more openings to retaliate while you run for your life;)
    • Next, duelling. Duelling with a TS is all about bluffs. Always try to show off your weaker shield. This will lure your opponent into a false sense of "This is EZ". Hide the fact that you even HAVE two shields if possible. Turn the tables when they least expect it. For example, when facing down a flare ex speeder, don't engage your HP shield. Engage your duration shield at the VERY LAST moment when the flare is shot. Tank the ex shot if possible. Engage the HP shield when you're confident you're at your last weapon rotation against the target.
    • Assassination: Don't do it, and if you do, use the shield formation of the "advance" move.
    • Finally, saving teammates. Use HP for this job, PLEASE. Your teammate may be smart and retreat, but YOU will be stuck against a target where you'll want to retreat too. So use HP for selfdefence as much as possible.
    • As a reference, here's my pentakill video(self advertizing lol):p

2. Teams with fixers:-
    • Okay. You can take shots here. But make sure you follow and protect your fixer(s). And make sure your team follows. Anyway, when scouting, weapons out. If you get shot by something heavy, your fixer will help(determine whether said fixer is nonselfish, semiselfish or selfish first. You don't wanna hold back a combatant thinking he/she is support). BUT DO NOT GET HIT BY DoT(damage over time). If you see a napalm, a flare, a firebomb, BLOCK IT. At all costs. DoT is BAD. A single shot from an excannon is better than a single flare, because if you get hit by the flare, you should ideally stay out of the battlefield for it's entire duration. Your fixer CAN'T FIX STUPID. Don't barge into battle if you get hit by a flare, that's the surest way I know of to get yourself killed(AND your fixer for good measure).
    • You are A VANGUARD if you have a fixer on you. You're a monster that can take down multiple enemies by himself. Use advancing moves, be bold. But NEVER EVER forget to look at how your fixer is doing. If your fixer is fixing someone else, it's a bad idea to expend your TSes.
    • If your fixer gets hit by a DoT. Stand on him. Fire up your TSes. Guard him with YOUR SHIP if you have to. THE ONLY EXPENDABLE FIXER IS A STUPID ONE. Fixers in general are NOT stupid. If they're taking fire, they have a good reason for it. You have to defend them. But ensure you're not interfering with their job. Which reminds me...
    • You can bodyblock an enemy fixer's heal target. Your TS is like a lightsaber. It cuts through repair boxes;). Also the fixer can never have target acquisition if there's an enfo with a TS on, blocking the view. You indirectly deal DAMAGE for every heal you prevent. Remember that.
    • Also, the effective radius of the TS is same as that of a mine. You can use the TS as a measuring tape when traversing minefields:cool:
    For example:-

Well, not an enforcer play, but this is the gist of how mine measurement is done
    So yeah. That was it. But there will be more if all the experienced enfo pilots on the Bay could help me!

Happy bubbling!

Also, sorry for the long post, but this was as much as I could compress it while staying comprehensive.

Last edited: 5 Aug 2018
  2. Jamie7777

Jamie7777 Member

Scholar
    1. I would absolutely HATE YOU if I was in your games. I hate enforcers that aren't on my team because they are SO HARD TO KILL!
    2. No need to slow down so many times in your videos.
    3.Thanks for the guide! I have an alt account that is enforcer and I am waiting for tier 3 rare turbo to upgrade it to mk4.
    4. I'll use this against enforcers in my main.

Nikkie!, Jimbot and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

Thanks for the info and the constructive criticism, I'll definitely look into my video slowdowns going forward:)

4. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I’m not a pro enforcer, so I have a question:
    Sometimes when popping on my TS, I notice that it lags a little before turning on. Can I take damage while it’s lagging?

5. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I just got a shiny bubble this morning after getting last yellow leggy piece from event, I haven't even came across many enemies with em (except a the odd one here and there in the last few events but have been embarrassed by them and didn't learn much) so I literally have no experience with em at all or even much understanding of thier capabilities lol
    Just wanna clear up a few basics :) I know splash damage from mortars or grenade will hurt, but a direct hit from them on my shield will not?
    Also fire still hurts but, will bubble protect you from flair and fire bomb?

Also I've noticed when using it I sometimes get a little lag and it seems to slow my item cooldown lol ive gotten a real good feel for my item cool downs and can time thier use perfectly the second they've become available again if needed 99% of the time but, when bubbles activated I regularly find my self hitting buttons that do nothing cos cooldowns not finished lol
    Sound familiar or just a Cavy issue? Lol my device is old and has had a hard life so could just be it struggling lol (am getting new one this week :) )

Was something else too but forgotten now lol I'll hit ya up latter when I remember:)

Cheers

Has just occurred to me I've made a habit of hijacking a lot of threads today lol sorry

6. TheAntiSnipe

It depends on which side your lag is, and the nature of the lag. Sometimes you get what I call "phantom lag"(when you don't get the lag warning but you're actually lagging) and sometimes the lag begins AFTER you engage the TS, but you don't receive the response.

Rule of thumb: If you press it and it looks like it hasn't engaged, take it as an unengaged button. Any shots you manage to tank because it was in fact engaged, are a bonus.
    1. Yes. Any direct hits will be denied.
    2. Flare: Gets denied.
    Firebomb: Gets denied if projectile hits your shield, like a normal mortar.
    I think it has something to do with having too many sprites(is that the right word?)... For example. Try being a napalm spammer and lob 5 napalms in a scattered pattern. Then try to move through said napalm. You'll see A LOT of stutter.

So if a lot of things are happening at once on your screen, it is possible your device's GPU(? Again, needs citation) is having trouble rendering stuff and is thus slowing down.

7. TheAntiSnipe

Lmao chill, mate. You raised a lot of on-topic questions, and I love solving doubts, so we're all good here;)
    Besides, this thread was not going anywhere anyway:p;):)

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. rexaroni

rexaroni Member

Really great guide, @TheAntiSnipe !

I have a t3 epic and t2 rare bubble, so not to your level quite yet. Have yet to find a single HP perk, so all duration for now but hoping to emulate your defensive setup once I get more goodies.

The road to useful tesla shields is a long one....when did you begin using your first and second shield? I used an underpowered shield for a WHILE as a mk5, bt I've found that my t2 rare is now a massive liability due not only to cooldowns, but the huge gap created when it's broken (stun break used to be bearable when I was mk5 for some reason).
    Any advice on how much damage each shield needs to be able to take before it becomes useful? I'm at about 3200-3300 infamy and just graduated to mk6 a week ago.

I guess a general guide would be to follow damage numbers for blast cannons at each tier...? In that case I'll never be able to run double bubble except to block sniper fire (which is super handy anyway).

Thanks for this guide! Great points made here.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

AMAZING guide dude thank you. Unfortunately, I don't have any tesla shields. I would love to take you on in a game. You'd crush me, but I would probably learn so much about fighting double bubbles. I've adapted by including a nasty swift torp. I still don't have the experience I need. Anyway, best of look, and great job.

10. TheAntiSnipe

Let's see... I had a rare TS when I had an enfo mk4. Got a huge number of dupes for it as well. So I thought maybe I'd have to use two rare t3s. But luckily, by the time I was a mk5, I had gotten 3 epic TSes. So I started using the epuc TS. I steadily built up a deadly arsenal of enforcer gear(NOT easy when you main speeder lol) and kept levelling my TSes even though they often got in the way of my speeder progression. When I got to mk6 enforcer, however, all the effort paid off. I had two TSes, a t4 rare and a t3 epic ready for t4.

Remember, double bubble is not the only option out there for ranging enfos. You can equip stun, or frost, or even nitro(I sincerely don't recommend nitro unless you're a speedforcer tho)

Okay, since you're Ace 1, my rare TS' tanking capability is the bare minimum. Yes, WITH HP perks included. You need to take one blast shot at least.
    Precisely...
    You never know when RNGesus will bless you with a huge supply of TSes. It was a shock for me too, when I got three epic TSes in a WEEK. One from raffle, one from the 18th quest, and one from the 15* chest

Nam_Nam, HAPPY SITHSHA and rexaroni like this.
  11. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Nice suggestion for your group "DOUBLE BUBBLE ENFOS":D:D

How much time did it take to write this whole one?
    20 min?
    30 min?

Well,I'm not an enforcer user but I have enforcer at mk4.I would just play with my friends using enforcer in custom battles.I would attach lv10 epic flare gun(dealing 29 damage for 15 sec),lv30 rare grenade launcher(590 damage),small shield,turbo,lv20 epic overboost and lv11 epic tesla shield(772 HP,5.8 sec duration) and that was really fun.:):):)

https://replay.battlebay.net/PLPWGTGK#KJKHZSBR
    This is the match between me and my friend.Both used enforcer mk4 and I won.
    ;);)

Last edited: 26 Jul 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

I took a lil break in between, so yeah, quite long

13. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I will be using this once I get my shields high enough! Thanks for the info :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. EduardoMeliss

EduardoMeliss Member

I would like a similar guide from Fixer.
    Very good guide

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

And now i regret to have my second TS T3 rare (maybe) scrapped when i read your thread. I was amazed by Keane Shater video of his dancing enfo with 2 OB that i love speedy enfo. Now im trying to build my second TS again

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I wish I had an epic tesla shield so I can layer 2 on at the same time.

Hey Anti, do you still use double bubble after the nerf?

17. TheAntiSnipe

I stopped after the 3.2 update. I've always wanted to be on the edge with my enforcer, so I play speedforcer now. Plus, 3.2 really encourages speedforcer players.

Redneck Messiah likes this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

How times have changed LOL Screenshot_2018-12-19-22-44-37-673_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    Scored my first yellow legendary after getting two STRAIGHT yellow pieces in two raffle draws! :D

19. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

It does, doesn't it? The days of the Double Bubble Champion's reign are slowly coming to an end. I highly doubt my True Speedforcer would have been a viable setup pre- 3.2, but with speedforcing on the rise it becomes a decent alternative to the new mainstream.

I, for one, couldn't be happier. I never enjoyed playing double bubble, and I hate Bubble Boy speeders with a passion. Long live the Speedforcer!