1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

spammers

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kurd1stan., 19 Jul 2018.

?

Agree?

1. yes

9.1%
  2. no

72.7%
  3. yes ,but not what you suggested

18.2%
  1. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

you cant use more than
    1 mortar (including :missile )
    1 torp
    1 mine
    2 cannons
    1-2 napalm
    1 flare gun
    and maybe (1 grenade and 1 RailGun )

i know it doesn't make sense , but those spammers are ruining the game and making players leave , i mean how do you accept that !

lets be realistic for one time , and dont pay attention if players will leave because of that because they are making more players leave ,
    if you really want from battle bay to stay alive then don't allow them to kill it

2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I agree with some kind of mortar/fire bomb spammers removal but that's not what should devs implement (imho)
    missile+mortar+torp+double any cannon/flare+any cannon is good shooter setup
    big and swift torps+cannons is also good setup
    restrictions could be different for all ships thought (like +1 mine and torp for shooter, two mortars for yellow ships and shooter also (mortar+frost yellow ships could be meta becuase it's deadly af in right hands-not spammer, two mortars+snipe(s)+torp(s) (+railgun) is strong shooter long range build so it would be bad to don't allow 2 mortars on shooters)
    three cannons deffender/enfo is also good and viable build
    maybe also limit blue, yellow and green items (it's hard for me to say green items too because I am building triple tape fixer:))
    but I think this would kill variety in bay because less setups would be possible, it would also be indirect double bubble buff (and probably noone want's that) because it would be end of "nut-cracker" shooters which may be really effective counter to double bubbles

TheAntiSnipe and NoTtIaN like this.
  3. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

So basically you named every weapon aside from carronade.

4. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Don't make restrictions. A variety of different ships and set ups is what makes it fun. If someone wants to spam mortars and torps, go ahead! We can't tell you to not do that. The build will have both pros and cons. Maybe it just fits their playstyle. They have the freedom to choose whichever build they want.

I don't understand why you want these rules to apply to stop people from leaving the game. At least half the people are gonna quit if these rules are put into action.

5. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    That would absolutely kill some setups. I've seen someone use all naplams, and he's actually surprisingly good at it! Also there was also a shooter who used all missiles. These are their normal builds, and they can really be an asset to their team when they play well. Although trolling spammers are annoying, limiting what everyone can use shouldn't be the way to deal with them.

6. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Spam is not a problem in the higher inf ranges, but I've heard that mortar spam is a problem on the lower/mid inf ranges.. but.. cannon spam? Is a shooter with 3 cannons really a problem?

If you do this then there will be no variety.. There won't be a 3 torpedo shooter (Eeyore).. There won't be a 2-3 rail gun Zetton.. There won't be a 2x mining fixer CyC.. etc.. No more sniper, sniper, big torp, big torp Boaty. All of these add color to the bay. Even my own trusty sniper, sniper, ex-can won't work.

No thanks :)

(Besides, spam setups usually have HUGE weaknesses. Torpedo or Mortar spammer? Get in their face.. Rail spammer? Ride a wave-valley until you get on top of them.. Mine spammer? Let them build their castle, finish them off later from range.. etc)

Last edited: 20 Jul 2018
  7. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    Screenshot_2018-07-19-16-39-40.png
    *Meanwhile, Sewerguy laughs his butt off...*

Last edited: 20 Jul 2018
  8. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

I AM THE BOOTLEG EEYORE!!!

R4Z0R likes this.
  9. Kurd1stan.

iam at 3.5k (i was before i drop today ) and most of matches are just mortar spam( especially firebomb) and i just cant play , and we all know that a mortar spammer is useless when you get near but how can you get near if he have his team and you already got tons of damage because of his spam , and the same for torps , yeah he is useless at close range but till you get to that range you are already dead
    and what a shooter with 4 missiles is not a spammer ? it is like a mortar ,he just spam and spam and spam , and you cant reach him that easy , a speeder can , ofc a speeder can reach any player and that spammer probably (not always ) will die but if it is a speeder vs a shooter probably (not always) the shooter will die , in 1 vs 1 they are useless but in other situations they are nothing useless , and if killing a spammer is that easy then (believe me) they wont use spamming setup

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  10. Kurd1stan.

no one will try 2 mortars or 2 torps if he is not willing to spam them

11. SeaNavy

No one said they liked spammers. But that doesn't mean you should limit their ability to use whichever item they want.

ShipCrusherCz and Cavy like this.
  12. SeaNavy

I speeder can do big torp + swift torp. Does not mean that the speeder will start spamming them.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Um... Eeyore? Remember my name? Reborn...X? Uerguy(no ignore him he prolly spams)?

Fluid Bait likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

Killing a spammer takes resolve btw. Resolve and teamwork. I've only had problems with minespammers, but those people are bad players anyway and are usually easy kills when the game has just started.

15. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Wow dude... That hurts

Fluid Bait and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It’s mostly Shooters that spam, it’s insane how many Torpedos and Firebombs they can throw out, while still doing good damage with double Sniper. And if you have more than one on a team (which is always), you can barely move for indiscriminate spam.

Shooters need a nerf so badly. They’re used more than all the other ships combined, and now they’re even a big force in top 50.

No one can convince me that shooters are balanced. During the 1v1 event, I met mk5 Shooters running multiple ECs or 4x Blast Cannon, and all I could do in my mk6 Speeder was flee, and try to force a draw, because the onslaught was just too much, too fast.

They need a dramatic hp nerf, and their extra defence needs to go. A ship that can put out 10k damage in 10 seconds, should not be able to sit there and tank 10 BC hits.

That’s why they’re so popular. They’re just consistently good, no matter how badly you play. Either make them less spammy, or make them harder to play so there is some skill involved.

17. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I see no issues.

But if you want to spam.

Be good at it.

I am spamming fg soooooo happily I get 3 star more and more.

18. TheAntiSnipe

Lol dude I've used a 4 torp deck before and I know you spam at least one torp on your deck because of the sheer calculation time needed.

Fluid Bait likes this.
  19. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

I vote to reduce their turret agility or hp. These days shooters can almost match a defender's hp, its crazy

20. <<ĎôňĎîêğô>>

<<ĎôňĎîêğô>> New Member

I agree. Rovio should nerf duplicates.