1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Any tips to gain infamy?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by wreck your day, 18 Jul 2018.

1. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Hi! Do y'all have any tips for me to git gud? Here's my current build:

Can you spot the easter eggs?
    Picture_20180717_164235875.jpg
    Picture_20180717_160007374.jpg
    Picture_20180717_160613847.jpg
    Picture_20180717_161818763.jpg
    Picture_20180717_164840871.jpg
    What, an enforcer without a tesla shield?! Ditch the nitro for one now!
    The game literally hasn't given me any more than 1 epic TS ever since I started playing. Also I scrapped all the rare dupes I've ever gotten since I've read somewhere on the forums that rare TS is so weak that it isn't worth levelling. Anyway even if I had one, I'll probably wait till mk6 before I use it. Love the unpredictability and speediness of N20 :)

You need shields to survive m8... especially in Nightmare league. Use the one on your fixer/speeder!
    The thing is, my standard shield is only an epic T2, while my big shield is weak AND takes up 2 item slot points, so it probably isn't such a good idea to use shield now. Maybe after I upgrade my duct tapes I'll upgrade those epic big shields and test it out... but I'll sure miss making epic comebacks with my trusty bandage :(

What about the swift torp? Swift torp's not bad on enfo.
    I do plan to upgrade them soon! I've tested it out on my defender and I quite like it (yeah they're mk2s but oh well). Someone on one of my previous threads also said that swift torp would be good against double bubble enfos too. Lots of retraining to do!

So my ship is kind of a glass cannon, since I can do lots of damage but can also be destroyed very easily (3220 HP). Therefore the way I play is like that of a scaredy cat, making use of my teammates health while peekabooing the enemy from behind a rock. Sometimes I'll separate from the team a little to guard a flank, or attack the enemy's flank, but most of the time I try to stay with the team. I'll post a few battle replays later if needed. So, any tips/suggestions?

Last edited: 18 Jul 2018
    NoTtIaN likes this.
  2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I actually need help too, I was able to climb to 3.5k infamy a few weeks ago with mk 5 fixer and tier 4 rare bolt, tier 3 epic bolt, and their 4 rare pulse, but now after upgrading to mk 6, getting a leg bolt and upgrading both epic ex cannon and ex cannon to tier 4 I can barely stay above 3k infamy.

wreck your day likes this.
  3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Overall you look to be doing just fine. A few ideas.

If you want the fastest infamy increase, go Fixer. If you want the highest infamy Enforcers and Speeder is probably the way to go.

I'm not sure Bandage is a good option for a close-range Enforcer unless you have a T4E Tesla Shield or two. Speeders can be glass canons, but not sure Enforcers are fast enough, so usually Small Shield is the way to go unless you have a really good Tesla Shield or two... T4E is what you need at that infamy. You'll want to start building your Epic Big Shield, and toss all the Rare Big Shields since there isn't a boat at any level that can hold 2 without sacrificing a slot. Small Shield is needed for all boat types, so you'll want to focus on building it.

For Enforcer weapons, Grenade is good... Swift Torp and Mine are other good Enforcer options.

NoTtIaN and wreck your day like this.
  4. N1mzor

N1mzor Active Member

Going MK6 will solve your problems. Enforcer gets a big bump up at MK6. 3 Blue slots points so you can trade out your bandage for a Big Shield. Plus you get another yellow slot so can run at least 1 Tesla Shield.

5. Chris Krahn

Chris Krahn Member

Jingle bells all the way bro, that's where NM league is at

6. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Accuracy

AAZ7 likes this.
  7. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    first off, scrap the weapons you dont use.

many pros say to keep everything but I, scrap the things i dont need *unless they kill me with it and light me spark of interest in the item*
    and for the tesla shield. i can donate you an epic one through the black market for the E cannon over there ;)
    last off, you speak chinese (or at least can read it) - me too! *not saying i was born there* :eek:, well uhh,, maybe :oops:.
    actually nevermind! :rolleyes:, i didnt say that i can read the same language as you because im *totally* not from there!:p (and moved to canada)
    take my advice

heres an inside joke
    what type of people speak chinese as their second language?
    an apple who's learning so!

Last edited: 18 Jul 2018
    super_sonic181 likes this.
  8. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Don't play speeder.

9. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    wait!?

do i have a thicc accent? :eek::oops::D

10. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Build an Standard (MK5) and a Big Shield (MK6), you could get 2 shotted If a NM (like me :p)player spotted you.
    Your setup just won't work if you don't have higher HP. Grenade+Blast needs mid-close range to maximize damage output. If you want to keep playing like a "scaredy cat" then you should definitely try Mine instead of one Blast, so you can make enemies chase you and escape with your OB + Nitro. Otherwise you should try Swift Torp (I wanna try it someday) but you would need higher HP and maybe a Tesla Shield (and a Tesla Bolt).

Most important: prepare your MK6 before your MK5, you won't climb much higher in infamy now.

[Edit: a T5 rare Tesla Shield could bring you to Nightmare]

11. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    wait!?

do i have a thicc accent? :eek::oops::D
    wait, a t4 epic tesla shield?
    for that!?
    i have the ingredients, but not the luck.
    donate some RNG to me through the black market.
    i have bubble and a shield.
    with a flare, bcannon, and swifty.
    how high can i reach?

12. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Use the standard shield instead of the bandage. It's t2 epic, and I have the same thing, but with only rare perks. And if Brock is trained high enough, it gives you tons of hp even at that level. Mine gives me over 1k without the overall ship hp boost, and with the epic perks you have, it would give even more. I also have a bandage exact same as you, but I don't use it over t2e shield.

But this is coming from a defender, so you don't have to listen, because enforecers different, so I'm just telling you what I know.

13. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

Even I reach till 3500 with my fixer and then a big crash which takes me back to 3000.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  14. wreck your day

Hmm

I love hoarding, and I shall continue doing so! There are some items that I want to use in the future, so I'm collecting dupes for them. Also it's great to have a variety of weapons to use on my defender ;)
    People from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong?
    Ok... :/

15. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I've crashed to 2700 now :p

wreck your day and Mr. Patel like this.
  16. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    hoarding makes it nearly impossible to upgrade items evenly, unlike focusing on the items you really need.

No, you didn’t get the joke

17. wreck your day

Impossible? Explain my 3 T4 epics then! I can still upgrade stuff, but at a slightly slower pace. But that's totally worth it, since there are many different items I can choose to upgrade in the future. You may prefer progress, but I prefer having fun!

No I certainly did not.

18. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    Well, you must be playing years. Or, you must have enough time like me and grind this game for the rest of your life :p.
    I prefer ‘fun progress’:eek:
    That means, progressing with items that are fun (to me *cough, like the flare)

19. wreck your day

Nope I've been playing for 7+ months. Maybe :)
    I also like fun progress, but I focus more on the fun than the progress. That means, using the gear I like, and not always the ones that people recommend to me (*cough, like the flare).

Last edited: 19 Jul 2018
    wcc634 likes this.
  20. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I'd recommend you think about your perks on that second BC.
    isak won't be fully trained yet, and so your chance of setting someone on fire will be relatively low (compared to a fully trained Isak) . Plus it's only a 5 second window to hit someone on fire by grenade .
    Are you getting enough shots in on burning opponents to justify those perks? If not, it may be time to switch to more consistent benefits from pure damage bonus perks (like you have on your other BC).
    NB: I know it's unlikely you have anymore of those damage perks in storage, but just save them when you see them.