1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I assume we won't get a patch till after Rovio Summer Vacations?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flynndawg, 16 Jul 2018.

1. Flynndawg

Flynndawg Well-Known Member

It's that time of the year again where we go all summer and into the fall with no updates.

Fixers badly need better coin/star rewards... This is ridiculous doing 25k dmg and 50k healing as a fixer for 5 coins... (meanwhile the silly shooter that did 26k dmg gets 9 coins lol

2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    While I haven’t tried fixer in events much, I do notice that I get more 2 star games as fixer after switching to double pulse and bolt from double bolt and pulse.

3. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

I remember being told by developers that they are aware of star imbalance for fixers. And also ship and weapons balancing issues.
    This was over 6months ago.

The "pat" answer given then was we are working on a really big update and then can focus on these other issues.

Guess what. That update happened. We got events. It's time to fix stats formula for fixers. Its time to re balance ships, weapons, and items. Certain request for balancing even go up to almost 1 year.

Can we please have a developer be out in charge of balancing and these issues. And have the game start making monthly fixes. Other App games make game adjustments weekly. So once a month will be revolutionary here. Look there shouldn't ever be 1 ship that dominates the top 50.
    There should never be 1 item that dominates. Buff underused ships. And buff underused items. Fix stars rewards for the fixers. Simple when you don't delay. But annoying when this takes months and months.

Jaws

Last edited: 16 Jul 2018
  4. Flynndawg

D058E7F8-4A31-4EF0-B71A-E34EBD70542B.png

169095FB-EE88-45F5-9321-9DC7F6E95210.png

This was my coins from the previous event. ACB35243-4BBA-43D9-A46F-1F4D5AB656B9.png

I’ll try to find the game where I did the 25k dmg.

Sewah and Ultrah like this.
  5. Flynndawg

In addition to this.. Losses in these events needs to net more than 1-2 coins. If a team loses 10-9 their coin rewards shouldn't be 1 or 2 coins. (to me these are 5-7 coin loss reward games)

If a team gets slaughtered 10-1 sure.. give those guys 0 or 1 coin.

6. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Yes coins for losses were brutal this event. A 5 minute event only netting 2 coins is a "waste" due for a complete overhaul.

Jaws

7. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

I always feel bad for the Fixers in my team that get these "rewards". Just a couple hours ago I won a match 100% because of my Fixer, but I was the one who got 3 stars. Tbh I felt like I deserved them, but so did the green boat

8. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree, even the "excuse" that there's not enough of devs in the team is becoming unacceptable.
    Like how come there was no balancing update in the past 6 months?

9. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

I've also addressed this issue to devs. Although I no longer play fixer, what would it hurt, to give repairs the same bonus as fire damage, Until they are satisfied with their vacation? Neither do I play enforcer, and I commend them on the extreme bump they made for that class, back in "roughly" january. Next in line, do something to make a defender, actually feel as if they are a defender...

10. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

There are sometimes when fixers get 10 stars even though they do less than the damage dealers.
    Happened to @Sachin Shekhar and @SkyDoIphin.

Sachin Shekhar likes this.
  11. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

Sometimes... sometimes...

12. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    I dunno if the devs have beta tests currently, but there should be the SAME amount of ITEMS for every COLOUR.
    But, this makes all ships need a rework.
    Which is why the devs can make it that you can switch between (HP, DEF, or HEAL) versions for the ships.

Currently, the fixer meta i think is pulse, pulse, and bolt.
    While for shooter, the variety is nearly endless.

My idea was to make some new green items 'stationary' (like where u place it down and let it do its job).

'pulse station', 'box station (like the dots from the farming locations from gota.io)

Idea to fix star reward:
    make the pulse act like a 'fire' weapon. (where it automatically gives me stars).
    Make the damage dealt by the fixer X2.
    like say a shooter deals 5000 damage and dies.
    but you do 3000 damage and die.
    you would do 'more', because you have more jobs to do like healing.
    so, the game would register it as 6000 damage dealt by me.

When summer gets hot you know that vacation is a thing, and people could go.

which makes the (i dunno if dis is a thing) 'devteam' empty.
    which is why you were smart enough to know that people are away on the summers.

*JAWS* likes this.
  13. baysider

baysider Active Member

the firebombs and grenades red target circle is bugged at times and needs to be fixed. several times recently i was outside the circle and took damage because the location of the circle was off it may have to do with the circle being in close proximity to terrain that alters its location off the actual location of the projectile but nevertheless it needs to be patched

14. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    The circle is only an estimate. It's right most of the time, but sometimes a wave just so happens to come by or roll away, leaving your unsuspecting enemy exposed to a bullseye hit, or shielding him from the 1000 damage shot. (For grenades that is, idk about mortars since they fall from above.)

15. baysider

baysider Active Member

what? don’t try to justify something which is clearly a bug and say its right and the way it should be when its an issue that needs to be addressed and fixed. it has nothing to do with waves its a bug where the red circle is wrong and gives the targeted player bogus information to go off of which makes for a poor gameplay experience.

16. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

It is the waves that are causing it.
    For example, let's say a mortar is aimed at an area with particularly low wave, and when the shoot the mortar, the waves rise. This means that the mortar will take shorter to reach the waves, and because of that, it will travel less distance than predicted, since the mortar moves forward as well as up and down.

17. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

What? Unregistered shots is something that will always be possible because it's an effect of latency, and latency is (among other things) caused by geographical difference between players. The speed of light is limited, you know, and it's kind of hard for Rovio to improve the physics of the universe.

18. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    I repeat, it's not a bug. Read the above messages properly. People are trying to help you, but you refuse to try to understand our viewpoints and instead choose to stubbornly believe in your rashly made assumptions.

Of course it would be taxing on the server and your phone to calculate where every shot would land so many times. 10 guns, controlled by players from all over the world, shooting at different times/intervals, aiming at different parts of the map, while bobbing along on their ships in an ever-changing environment. And as if that weren't enough, you still want the game to calculate AND display where every single shot would go to every few milliseconds. (Well maybe milliseconds is a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea.) Furthermore the players are located all around the globe; won't be easy transmitting data to and fro from them to the server and back that many times.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  19. baysider

baysider Active Member

so where to go to report problems with the gameplay?

xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  20. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Miika has previously said that he is open to changing the contribution system for fixer (which in turn decides how many stars are awarded), but so far no one has come up with a suitable system to replace the current one.

I’ve seen only a small handful of people provide any suggestions. Fixers can help themselves by adding their own ideas for a replacement system.

Shadow Moon! and *JAWS* like this.