1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

"Cover" Repair Bolt Speed perk

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Scourge Argaen, 15 Jul 2018.

1. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I believe there may be a bug regarding the protection effect of this perk proccing and the beneficiary of it being hit by a burning weapon i.e. Flare or Fire Bomb.

If the friendly has the protection, a new burning DoT will still be applied and the damage will kick in after it's dropped. This should block the application of new DoTs just as it blocks all other incoming damage.

https://replay.battlebay.net/DKLYSZSP#XXRDSNPD - It occurs on our defender towards the end of the match, around the 1:15 mark or there abouts is when i noticed.

This is not referring to the existing DoTs applied though.

The duration is also I think 3 seconds which is lower than the duration of the other effects of perks such as the Rail Gun or Cannons which will stun/slow for 5-6 seconds? This may not be a bug but I do believe it should be reviewed to bring it in line with the other perks.

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Not a bug. This is intentional. The perk would be utterly overpowered if it prevented fire/stun/frost

3. Scourge Argaen

Not really. No different to what Tesla Shield does right now.

4. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

this is from BB wiki
    TL;DR:
    no protection against-torpedoes, splash (mortars, grenade, fire bomb), freeze, tesla bolt, mine

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Tesla shields are DESIGNED for the sole purpose of blocking stuff. Repair bolts are designed for healing. How is that a fair comparison anyway? Other than the fact that the invunerability looks like a bubble(it is NOT a bubble, you could shoot from inside it and it would make no damage)

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  6. ShipCrusherCz

simply, invulnerability works same as events' spawn protection-no damage but effects can be applied

Scourge Argaen and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. Scourge Argaen

You've well and truly missed the point but @ShipCrusherCz gets it.

Whilst the protection is in effect, you should be immune to Flare Gun or Fire Bomb except that you aren't. You might take no damage from the first couple ticks but the other 18+ or however many it would be will.

8. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

No, invulnerablilty already has amazing advantages, people will use it, it doesn’t need to stop all fire damage from occurring

9. Scourge Argaen

Where's the logic in it blocking all other damage except for fire? It should work exactly the same way as the protection on your respawn in the event.

10. ShipCrusherCz

if my observations were correct you won't recieve any damage but you can be set on fire, stunned and freezed
    this is true for both the spawn protection and invulnerability;)

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  11. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    It stops you from taking fire damage, but you can still get set on fire. Also, you can get stunned while invulnerable as well, so it's the same as the respawn bubble.

12. Scourge Argaen

The stun and slowing effects are fair enough as they're not damage based items.

It's such a shame that they have set the application of the fire debuff at such a high precedence. I'd still very much like to see the Dev team consider changing that though, can't see what detriment it would be.

Fixers can't have anything nice without a draw back....

13. TheAntiSnipe

Hehe lack of elaboration on my part there.

What I mean is this.

Tesla shield. Blocks incoming projectiles. Obviously includes flare and FB and stuff. Okay. What happens if a flare hits you? Your shield absorbs the damage.

Invuln. What does THAT do? It DENIES damage. Damage done is NOT counted. Which means that, as long as invuln. is active, no DAMAGE TICKS will work. Thus, flare merely "tags" people under invuln. And does not do damage while invuln. is active. After invuln. wears off, flare WILL start damage.

What I meant by
    This...
    Was that you're mistaking invuln. for some sort of "shield" with infinite damage absorption capability. It's not. And if it was, it would be gamebreakingly OP.

So yeah. The DoT not being cancelled out is not a bug but an intended feature, AND it would be OP if it cancelled DoT out.

I believe the original question has been answered? I was just clearing up a misunderstanding here.

14. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

It does work exactly the same as in respawn events. In events, flare still goes through, but doesn't deal damage until Invunerability wears off.

Also, imagine this. You're immortal, and someone sets you on fire. You're not going to die or be harmed in anyway, but you'll still be on fire. Like in Battle Bay.

15. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

It does block fire when it is on

16. Scourge Argaen

@TheAntiSnipe I'm aware as to the difference in how a shield functions and the definition of invulnerability. I also didn't say the DoT not being cancelled out was a bug, the terming of that refers to what is existing before the protection applies. Anything existing I'm in agreeance would remain applied. My opinion of it is that you can't be invulernable to something if it still afflicts you.

So as it stands, my original statement has not been answered. This is still theory, opinion and (mis)interpretation.

Unless a Dev was to respond and basically state it's design so deal with it, I'm at an impass in this topic.

What might help me in understanding is an answer to this and anyone experienced who frequents a TS can freely offer counsel. If a Flare Gun breaks the shield, is a DoT still applied for whatever the equivalent outstanding damage/duration would be?

17. ShipCrusherCz

no, no excessive damage recieved
    inv. has identical mechanic with spawn protection and was never stated by anyone from the BB team that it's bug and/or it will be change
    spawn protection is here since the events started and it hasn't been change so I doubt that devs will change inv. to protect form being set on fire
    I hope that this is enough for you:)

18. Scourge Argaen

I completely get what's being said, i just don't think I'm being fully understood. In short, I'd expect it to work in the same manner that the Tesla Shield does when it comes to the flare gun / fire bomb.

19. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Yes you are being completely understood, maybe you should try understanding us, I am saying it should not. @SeaNavy said it best, if you are invunrable in real life, I can still pour gasoline on you and set you ablaze, it may not hurt but your still on fire. In battle bay, you become invunrable, ok, I can still set you on fire, but it won't hurt. This makes so much more sense than having it act like a Tesla shield like you are saying. No damage affects you while you are invunrable.

20. TheAntiSnipe

What you're saying that, if five FBs hit an invuln. target simultaneously, the target should receive 0 damage. That is just insanely OP, dude. Tesla shield has a LIMITED HP pool, and it still stuns the user if damage exceeds HP. Applying a "complete block including debuff" rule to an invuln. shield is unfair and thus, in my opinion, it is okay as it is.