1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

UNFAIR MATCHING

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Rushicanna, 14 Jul 2018.

1. Rushicanna

Rushicanna New Member

I was a Mk6 shooter, recently playing a 5vs5 event and got an opponent team with three Mk6 defenders of health above 10000, and no defenders in our team how ridiculous was that matchmaking. If u find same please raise this unfair issue. Thanks everyone.

2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    A defender with 10k+ health is pretty normal for mk 6. My mk 5 defender is already really close to that, it's 100% fair.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. Rushicanna

Rushicanna New Member

Yes! Its common for a defender to have that health but can ur team defeat the opponents with out a miracle happening if there are 3 defenders in opponent team, and u don't even have a single defender on u r side!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    Defenders have less firepower though, so if you're team has more shooters then you can collectively take them down.

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Basically, NO is the short answer. But the odds are pretty low(of getting that sort of combo) so it balances it out.

If it makes you feel any better, I did 34k damage in a match this morning and lost because of three defenders on the enemy team. Their top damage dealer? 23k. BUT I got 7 coins anyway, so it was worth it. And it was fun too!

Ultrah, ShipCrusherCz and Rushicanna like this.
  6. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    I can only get max 3 coins when on the losing team, no matter how much I do :(

7. Rushicanna

Rushicanna New Member

Basically in an event all that matters is number of kills, when we are concentrating on the the defenders it's pretty easy for their shooters to get us knocked!

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  8. SirName

SirName Member

9. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

It obviously depends upon how strong your ship is.
    Nb: it is against forum policy to ‘name and shame’. If you wish to post screenshots, please blank out the persons name.

10. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    We don't know how fair/unfair it is until we see you're own gear.

11. SirName

SirName Member

It doesn't matter what YOUR gear is as much as how far along YOUR captain talents are trained

12. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    I’m pretty sure captain levels already play a part in matchmaking.

13. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I know that it's in the forum rules but they are exploiting matchmaking system thus doing something that's not (crushing weaker ships and ruining their experience because they wan't better rewards)
    so why not to name them? I think that's not ok to offend them but naming them is ok imho
    just slightly adjust Newton's third law of motion and use it here;) (they do something that's not fair and should be against rules so we could be able to name them here because it might stop some of them when everybody can see what they are doing)
    every action has it's reaction-their behaviour should have some consequences, they are not banned for this but at least we spread across the forums that they'r doing things that'r so shameful

Cavy and SirName like this.
  14. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    Out of curiosity, what’s your own gear score (I can tell his gear is better)

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  15. ShipCrusherCz

Screenshot_20180714-204256.png

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  16. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    I think that a major problem with gear score MM is that yellow items do not need to be leveled up as much to be affective, which means yellow boats can have super low level yellows to get lower gear score.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  17. ShipCrusherCz

yeah but someone (not gonna say who as it may offend him) said that these ships WILL be matched against much stronger opponents when they equip items with tier difference 3 or more
    this guy had t5 rare missiles, shield and turbo and t1 weapons and yellow items, matchmaking was again changed to even worse state?

18. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

So why not name them?
    1. Two wrongs don’t make a right
    2. You run the risk of getting a forum ban yourself
    3. Forum moderators will remove your picture, so you’ll potentially be punished, but won’t have achieved your goal of shaming them into stopping the practice.
    It just isn’t worth it. Just remove the names, and post the picture. You’ll achieve your aim of raising awareness of the issue much more successfully.

TheAntiSnipe and HappyUnicorn456 like this.
  19. ShipCrusherCz

1. and what can I/we do when report is pointless because devs don't consider this as cheating etc.
    2. you may get ban for this? without previous warning? if yes, then I know at least 10 accounts which should be banned for much worse things than naming exploiters
    3. they never removed my picture (or I at least don't know about it) and no one (except for you) said to me that I shouldn't do this and even if it's ineffective there may be enough of these posts to force someone to do something against these exploiters

20. SirName

SirName Member

Screenshot_2018-07-14-15-07-35-89.jpg Screenshot_2018-07-14-15-06-01-371.png
    If you really think that then you can explain why a level 46 player is matched with a level 17. Added pictures of his main boat compared to mine.