1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Just think about this for a second

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flint, 8 Jul 2018.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It sounds like EventMatchmaker(tm) is broke for that particular scenario, because it doesn't allow me to do the same. When I use my MK2 I'm matched against MK5-7, which isn't fair to me regardless of what I put on the boat, so it's broke for me, but in the opposite direction. At MK6 even a Fixer has as many weapon slots, and I still put on a Big shield without losing one of my few slots.

2. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

non, u donno the matchmaking, putting high lv weapons on low mk ship will get high match. for ex. mk6 with max epic will have high chance match with mk7. the real way to do it is mk1 mk2 with low level weapons with no perks.

3. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I always hear this about this stuff like it's a huge issue .. but if you want it to change, then start posting screen shots if nightmare league players using underleveled ships with a shot of their setup, profile shot of their normal setup, and of the matchup.

That way, the devs could see what methods people are using to manipulate their gear score ... and make the necessary adjustments.

Otherwise, there is nothing to support these "feelings."

4. N1mzor

N1mzor Active Member

Players who exploit the game in any shape or form should be blamed, but shouldn't be held accountable. This is the key difference with cheating. With cheating you are doing things the game purposely doesn't allow you do so they should be held accountable. Exploiters are doing things the game allows you do, just those things aren't what you are meant to do. Exploits in games normally result from some kind of bug or unforeseen scenarios that game systems aren't capable of handling properly. Who's responsible for this? The Devs. People will always try to find a competitive advantage, its in our nature as a product of evolution, so if there are exploits in a game someone will always be using it to its full and in its most exreme variations. It's up to Devs to remove such exploits from the game. You can hate on the players, but blame the game for allowing it to happen.

Ovidmikel likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You do realize that this goes against policy and that said images will have to be removed(because of naming and shaming)?

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  6. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

I don't get the chat thing you're talking about, all it takes in this game to reach nightmare is the right mix of skill+gear. The player's personality doesn't make him more or less of a nightmare worthy player, just like in every other game/sport. Ofc it infuences the consideration you get from other members, but your skill is not so strongly related to your chat activity.

What's Up Player likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

Well, I rarely see noob NMLs on chat, and I've met more than my fair share even though I haven't been there yet;)

8. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

Think about all the good ones that you haven't seen in chat, and I'm not talking about only nightmare league players. I'm not saying that it is not possible that good players are more likely to join a chat, I was just not convinced at all by your original post's strict distinction.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

The distiction is not universal lol, I'm just talking about what I've seen, nothing more. Look at the second point, I said "either popular players, or well known in other NML players' heads".
    So basically I included ALL the pros

Da Carronade King likes this.
  10. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Its hard to call someone a noob. And tahts true for all games. Everyone has differnt play styles, so they might wreck someone but loose easily to another guy. Just because your build easily beats them doesnt make them noobs lol. Cause the person that the supposed "noob" beat would also have to be called a noob. If that second " noob " beats you, does that mean that you are a noob?

Last edited: 13 Jul 2018
  11. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

But let's be honest, if an mk7 with high level weapons is below 1k infamy, what else can you call them?
    (Yeah, this mk7 on my team had 700 something infamy, and we lost. (I was mvp with 15k dmg :D))

12. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I saw a mk7 and mk6 ships at 0 infamy with 0 infamy as their season top:p

13. Nooobser

Nooobser Member

Nothing.
    Same. Most of the battles I had was with Mk6 team mates or opponents with 0-100 infamy. How can that be even possible.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  14. ShipCrusherCz

it's possible because they can upgrade their ships regardless of their infamy and they can have any infamy with any mk of ships:(

Nooobser likes this.
  15. Nooobser

Nooobser Member

Nothing.
    I mean How can they lose on purpose that amount of infamy?
    Also it's such a failure if they were willing to get matched against MK1-MK2-MK3 by losing purposely, it wouldn't happen probably, or it could but with very rare chances. That's ironic.

16. ShipCrusherCz

their infamy never got high so they don't get punnished for "infamy tanking"-dropping more than 800 from your highest ever infamy

Nooobser likes this.
  17. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Lol so their highest infamy was less than 800?

18. ShipCrusherCz

yeah, they wouldn't stay that low if they got punnished for it;)

19. TheAntiSnipe

It's usually easy to tell. I never judge people by one match, I judge them by an entire history of them. Remember my name. Is one of the people you can accidentally call a noob at first glance. Bur the dude is a godlike player who can really control teamflow.

20. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

For one, I'm thinking it's not that big of an issue, so there wouldn't be many "named and shamed."

But, if it's going to offend someone's delicate sensibilities to post a screenshot of match results (featuring someone allegedly violating the fairplay policy), then I suppose you can black out the name.

It seems like a better solution than having the same "issue" brought up an endless number of times, but that makes way too much common sense to be allowed by the almighty MVPs.