1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire nerf

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 11 Jul 2018.

1. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    We can all agree that fire combo hits hard. SUPER HARD.

And we can all agree that fire bomb spamming is stupid, dumb, lazy, and noob.

So here’s an idea I have. And this may even result in a new perk for the blue items.

For fire weapons in general, except the napalm, torp, and grenade. They will set you on fire for half of what their typical damage is and it will tick for that dmg every 3 seconds.

When you get hit with a cannon, it will tick like it usually does at it’s full dmg.

For firebomb: if you hit someone with yours, they will take your full dmg. However the next cannon will only add on 50% of its dmg to the already burning target.

*this won’t apply for napalm, only FB AND FG*

Example- I hit @PastelPiku with my flare gun that does 30 damage. Which means it’ll do 15 dmg until I hit with my cannon. Then if someone else hits @PastelPiku with their flare, and theirs does 45 a tick, then two burns will show up dealing 30 and 22/23 damage per tick.

New Perk
    Temp control perk
    Increases the chance for your ship to not be set on fire or to be frosted.

Hope you guys like it. Please help. Also make suggestions to make it less confusing cause I know you guys will say it is confusing.

2. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

It's too confusing.

3. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

But it's not the fire damage that's the problem, it's the fire + cannon combo, and this will further encourage fire + cannon for people who were using fire weapons without cannon.
    I think a simpler solution is just to make it so that the burn damage works at full power if it's your power and 75% less increase for other people's fires.
    Also, the new perk would be kind of op. Just completely avoiding the effects isn't right. With tesla shield, at least you can see the opponent has it up, and you have to know the right time to put it up, but the new perk will be unfair as it takes no skill to just completely avoiding damage.

NeptuneGaming and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

At least a flare+bc takes 2 shots and you have to get up close where you are vulnerable. Meanwhile there are players shooting a sniper shot with no need of leading shots or fire item combo for a 2500+ crit.

5. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Sniper isn’t even comparable to what you can do with a blast flare in nightmare

HARPO! likes this.
  6. Joey who

Flare, bc. 2 items. Together do around 4000. Short to mid range.

Sniper, sniper. 2 items. 2 crits do around 5500. Any range.

Boom. Compared.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  7. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

No,
    flare good chance to break Tesla.
    Blast: lesser chance to break Tesla.
    Flare: reduces healing by 30%

Sniper: you must remember it criticals less than half the time and has absolutely no chance to break a Tesla. Also criticals are affected twice by defence

A double blast flare enforcer is much better than a double/ triple sniper.
    A shooter with explosive cannons will destroy any all sniper cannon shooter

And I know it isn’t the best argument, but look at players in nightmare, most have got flares/fire and blast/explosive cannons

8. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Flare + blast is better in nightmare but in low to mid levels sniper is stronger (because of how training is dispersed in the tree)

9. Joey who

A sniper can crit a tesla shield. Can break it. Sniper crits 45% of the time. But roughly more than half the time it will crit.
    Personal opinion
    Depending on range. Or if the snipers crit. 3 sniper shots have the possibility of killing a 7500 hp shooter in 7 seconds.
    Not a good arguement but I'll follow you up on it. There are 29 snipers being used in the top 50. Meanwhile there are 18 blast cannons and 18 explosive cannons being used in the top 50.

10. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

No. A sniper NEVER crits a tesla shield.

11. Joey who

Since when? I was gone for a bit but sniper did crit tesla shields

12. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Sniper cannot crit on Tesla shields

And no snipers will not crit more than half the time. Maybe in a small sample, but it will always trend towards 45%. Also half of 100 is 50. 45 is definitely less than half.

Range can easily be minimized with minimum effort and tactics, with little damage being done

I counted 24 snipers in top 50, also top 50 is not all of nightmare.

This was the closest to date snapshot of top 50:
    5724BBBE-76BE-4053-A1C6-7ECCFB582153.jpeg
    This is definitely off for today, but no updates have happened in between, so the trend may fluctuate depending on who cares enough to try hard for the season, also I did notice a trend with sniper users in top fifty, it was mostly shooters with dual sniper load outs. Almost all yellow and defender boats use fire/blast explosive. Shooters are slightly more creative. I think this is because the yellows and defender boats all try to maximize their ability to deal as much damage as possible is the shortest time.

SlayerofSergeants and *JAWS* like this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It doesn't, has been confirmed

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

Too convoluted imho. You can simply ask for a firebomb fix because that would be the best option here

15. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Well at least my threads getting a lot of comments.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  16. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Just so everyone knows, the 22/23, is not 22 divided by 23, it’s 22 or 23.

17. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Alright here’s a better idea for all oft he people saying it’s confusing, @TheAntiSnipe @Spinners71:

Whichever flare hits first will do half it’s damage after 3 seconds until it gets hit with a cannon which will make it full damage every second

Then if they get lit up anymore, it just divides the previous damage by half.
    So basically they won’t stack.

Ex: first flare does 30, next one 15, next one 6 or 7
    Next one 4 or 3, etc etc until it hits 1

However if someone gets hit by a cannon, then only the first flare shot will return to full impact, all the others will remain at half of the previous flare tick, and tick after 3 seconds.

18. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

I liked your post just because you have mentioned " fire bomb spamming is stupid, dumb, lazy, and noob", And I agree to all of these. Lol. :p

The rest I didn't understand. :oops:

19. TheAntiSnipe

Still too complex, dude. It needs a fix, sure, but not this one. I mean, how would you even change the flavortext of the affected items to reflect this change?

ShipCrusherCz and Aether_Zero like this.
  20. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Could have it so if you hit them with your own flare/firebomb, it gives full damage for you and your cannons ONLY, but it only gives a 50% damage boost for anyone else who shoots them with a cannon?

KINGIVANOV likes this.