1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Keep Green Items?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by envylife, 11 Jul 2018.

?

Keep Green Items for a rainy day?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Since I started BB I enjoyed playing Fixer on occasion, and always had it in mind as an end-game goal build a Fixer when my Shooter/Enforcer are full of T5 Epics. Epic items are so tough to find that I'm afraid if I don't keep them it'll take a year to accumulate them when I'm ready. On the other hand, being at this game for 14 months with only a single T5 Epic Item to show for it, having any boat full of T5 epics seems more like a years-away fantasy for F2P players. Should I scrap the Green fantasy and face reality, or save them?

2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I started as a fixer I always wanted to shift to fixing but then I made my mind and scrapped every green item even legendary bolt. I need those parts for my other stuffs and inventory space too. And another thing is I don't like playing multiple boats too.

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I also have the dream of ‘one day’ having a Fixer alt. I figured that a good time to start would be when I get whatever my legendary green item is.

For a long time, I scrapped all my green Epics. I’m pretty sure that I’ve scrapped at least four Epic repair boxes. However, recently I started saving my Greens, and now I already have 3 bolts and 2 pulses, so they seem to build up quickly. Also, the legendary achievements appear to be some of the easiest in the game.

So I would say, if you don’t see yourself transitioning to Fixer any time soon, then it’s probably okay to scrap. It doesn’t mean you’ve given up on the dream, because you can always start saving them again in the future, and when you get a green legendary combine, it should be pretty easy to get it to t2 through the achievement. So you’ll still have access to strong items.

4. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Been playing for about a year, I scrapped my green items in the beginning then decided to build a fixer when guild quests started. Duplicates are easy to get since there are only 4 fixing items and perks from the guild raffle are easy to come by Screenshot_2018-07-11-08-37-58.png

Aether_Zero likes this.
  5. envylife

In 14 months I've received 1 Green Legendary piece, 4 bolts, 4 boxes, 3 pulses, and 2 tapes (probably scrapped 3 more). That doesn't give me a lot of confidence I can just get them when I want.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  6. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I would keep them.
    I’m a fixer main, and have been playing around a year as well and I’ve only gotten 3 epic bolts and 3 epic pulses. (I got achievement for bolt and various T4 rares

7. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Your just like me, I built my enforcer up till t5 epics and legendaries then I started working on a fixer. Difference being, my yellows on only have rares and a t2 nitro (I see little purpose in leveling it) and blues I only have a t5 epic turbo and t4 epic shield. My weapons are two tier 5 epics and one legendary (use your t5 epic gun enough you’ll get a legendary, basically a free leveled up weapon so only worry about two). I would suggest to focus build weapons first blues second then yellows. Use mainly rares for yellows (unless you want a Tesla shield then use epic or legendary). This will faster leveling. And yes I would encourage you to level a fixer. This game is for fun and more variety leads to more fun here. Definitely level it. I just started leveling mine about a month ago since I got many of the duplicates I needed. You said that you struggled finding all the duplicates you needed for your main ship so while you wait, just put some sugar into your fixer items. I would advise always being low on parts, and buying only parts with your gold.

8. envylife

I expected an overwhelming response to scrap them... instead it's 73% to keep at this point. Maybe it has something to do with increased variety in events and Guild quests? Variety is good.

9. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

I think it’s for fun

10. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Go for the duct side, it's much more fun, controversial and trollish experience.

Good luck

ShipCrusherCz and NeptuneGaming like this.
  11. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    i think u should keep epic items.but at the same time there is shortage of parts.but it is easy to get duplicate green items

12. envylife

Well I did get a Legendary Repair Box Perk. Yay.

13. envylife

I'm actually considering scrapping most of my Green Items along with any weapon I'm not planning to use in the near future. I'm 15 months into this game and I have not received a 6th Epic copy of anything but a Big Shield. I have a 5th Epic copy of one weapon... but beyond that I need 3 copies of the other weapons I use.

I originally started hoarding items in response to really bad RNG luck early on in the game... I really liked Sniper, Standard Canon, and Ex Canon, but RNG would not give me any Rare copies. It wound up giving me a dozen Rare Blast Canons before I had even 2 of any other Canon... so I retrained and built 2 of them, and by the time I got 6 of any other canon they were obsolete. This assumed the answer to RNG is to just roll with it.

Rolling with RNGeezus it is obviouslyy not working. I open 5 Premium boxes of disappointment per week. I've bought 6 Epic Containers of disappointment to date and my net is a single Epic Item out of the 60 Premium Boxes... a Fire Bomb. I actually started using it just because I got one.

As such I'm really struggling to envision a time before 2020 when I can build out my main boat, and building a second boat sounds like a pipe dream. I've got a Tesla Shield in the works for an Enforcer, but also waiting for more Epic Flares there, as I only have 2, so that boat has a long way to go. Speeder can re-use items from both Shooter/Enforcer... nothing unique about it. But Fixer requires 3 entirely unique and strong items at my Infamy.

Do I sound overly pessimistic or am I finally seeing the reality of a game designed to around building a single boat?

14. envylife

It's sad considering the Events are a way to use the other boats.