1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Just think about this for a second

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flint, 8 Jul 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if a lot of these Nightmare players are really that good? Some truly are, but with some I have my doubts. Because if they are, then why in the world do they take a mk1 or mk2 leave the blue slots open or fill them with level 1 uncommon or rare, but the red slots are filled with their epic t4 and legendary stuff. They don't take these boats just to try them, because then they would have fitted the boat with some uncommon stuff, but nope. There best Snipers, etc are fitted.

Is killing a mk1 or mk2 in just 1 shot is that skill? Everybody knows the answer to that question. Why not battle you own kind if you say you are so very skilled? I think because they are just lazy and care about one thing and one thing only, rewards, not if they ruin it for the rest of us.

We blame Rovio and the matchmaking, true there can be made improvements. But the problem lies for a big part with its players. And it beats me why people always trying to find a loop hole, so they can get easier battles, not caring if they ruin the game for others. And everytime the Devs have to find new ways to tackle the problem, which in truth a lot of us are causing. Did we just play fair, then they had more time on their hands to do other things for the game or get rid of some bugs.

So, we should blame ourselves as well or at least a lot of us should. Just think about it next time you take your mk1 and fitted a legendary weapon onto it.

Regards,
    Flint

Last edited: 8 Jul 2018
  2. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I don't like them tearing out boats either. Unfortunately it is their way of trying out a ship. Anyone with mind control abilities step right up, let's stop this madness

Jimbot, PastelPiku and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Games like this are more about farming for resources rather than winning tough battles, because rewards are not proportional to battle difficulty.

Ovidmikel, ShipCrusherCz and Hokuse like this.
  4. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Most Probably they are Done in Nightmare league! If you have seen their Number of battles i.e. 15k-20k so they are tired of fightting a long match so they become a floater and ends a battle within a minute

#CK likes this.
  5. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

i m one of those players who had fun and like 98% win rate using mk1 or mk2, even if i using mk6 and can control some gs to achieve such win rate. both way working well. but i question myself, so many players like me benefit from the event so much, what about those who had nearly zero win rate? someone wins then there be someone lose, so i decided to speak up for a change for those had bad time with event. while doing this, i see people who benefit from the event start going against me. after all, i say you should stfu like me, because taking someones cheese will ended up in trouble.

PastelPiku, ShipCrusherCz and #CK like this.
  6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Thanks, but nobody likes whistle blowers. But the problem is, if we just played fair, then the Devs would not work over time, to tackle this problem and they would have more time on their hands to come up with new things for the game or repair some of the bugs.

PastelPiku and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  7. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

There's only 12 or 14 Devs they should have more if they going to run a big Game not being rude but it Truely sucks to be Forced such Power and not doing anything about it it's all been happening when the first event come out but I Agree but I feel bad for you guys and the Devs so I'm on no one's side I guess but let's be honest I want the training to be Cheaper:p:p

PallabKumarS and PastelPiku like this.
  8. envylife

Is that the gamer way? Is not not right to discuss exploits to plug and make the game better?

9. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Flint. I agree with this thought. I am a nitemare player. And never felt the need to under weapon, manipulate gear score, or undership. These thoughts are alien to me.

Reality. Now that we can fleet with friends and guild members. Win ratio is already 85-95% in this event. So why the need to manipulate anything?

So Nitemare players reading this. Knock it off! Don't manipulate. Just fleet and use your best boat. And best weapons. Grow a pair. And meet me in the bay. Seal clubbing isn't needed at all to get results. Use exactly the boat and gear you use for regular mode. Fight hard. And Spine up!

Jaws

Last edited: 9 Jul 2018
  10. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I just use my normal ship and get best results. I tried to do the lower the gearscore method, but my winrate and bc per round was much lower that way. When I use my normal set up, it's just pure skill, which is why I can win, since I battle people with much higher gearscore in normal matches, so battling people with my own gearscore is a piece of cake.

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I've never manipulated GS. And I think that the people in NML doing this don't deserve their standing in this game.

12. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Yes, it is very much so. But some people here don't want others to speak out.

PastelPiku likes this.
  13. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

I think when we manipulate the gear score, the system will put you in a touch fight, right?

14. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Not always, although in some cases it happens. I have seen it once, a mk5 player, take his mk3. And in battle the rst was all mk5, we killed him 3 times over. So, it back fired on him. But I have seen someone use a mk1, whilst he or she had a mk6 Enforcer. But he would be in battle with a mk1 player with not even 100 or 150 battles. And killed both Friends with just 1 or 2 shots.

15. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I once added to my friend list player who was "cheating" and asked him why he was doing it and if he does care about the players he one/two shots
    he said that my opinion is irrelevant for him and that he's not going to talk with anyone under 4k infamy, not only ruining game for others but also arrogant af!? I think that these players should be punished hard (at least one week of ban) once the devs adjust rules to forbid this behaviour (equiping high level epics and legendaries on mk1 and mk2 boats)

16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I think(not sure) that there's two types of NMLs.
    1. The first one is the kind that got to NML but lacks the skills for NML, and decides to use their "status" as a crutch to avoid being cussed at or called out. You see them absent on chats and heavily present on personal chat being salty and/or boasting. Also the kind that walks into 1v5s thinking that NML status grants them invincibility.
    2. The true Nightmares. These guys are the real deal and are most probably either well known on chats or in other NML players heads as badasses. They may or may not brag, but in a firefight, they're honorable and deadly.
    If the type 2 NMLs ever tank GS, it'll be trolling or just an accident, but type 1s do it to make up for their lack of success in ranked:D

17. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I know some of us have been rekt by NML players during the events even when our gear scores don't line up at all. Let me just take this moment to thank all of you who rekt me for at least bringing your best gear to the battle. It was a short fight, but a good one. I hope I can be as powerful and skilled as you guys one day.

Fight honorably, fellow Baylians.

18. envylife

That's the rub isn't it? When you bring your best gear to battle and you get over-matched by 3k Infamy and 4k GS, THAT is the incentive to manipulate GS to get fair battles -- battles that EventMatchmaker(tm) should have provided in the first place.

wreck your day, Ovidmikel and Flint like this.
  19. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

True, but that is different than a mk6 or mk7 users who takes his or her mk1 or mk2.

20. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

A players’ league does not confer any additional social status or mean that their views are more or less valid than anyone else’s.
    Anyone who thinks otherwise is sorely deluded. A league is just a league, not some sort of class/caste system. Higher infamy does not make you a better person.
    Nightmare league players are just like the rest of the population. There will be a small minority of ‘bad apples’, but the vast majority are good people.