1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Many mid life shooter problems

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by USS Ironsides, 3 Jul 2018.

1. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

I did give fair warning that I'm a manual shooter, I'm still practicing the flick shooting.
    I don't lead shots cause normally the weapons I use have fast projectile speed and is why I don't use ex cannon unless it's close. I'm willing to learn it's just I haven't really practiced in game.
    Strategy: I don't do that hit and hide stuff, I like to greet and meet my enemies, make them feel comfortable, feed them, then annihilate them in a nice manner.
    But some strategy tips might help.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. 00starlord00

00starlord00 Member

Strategy doesn't include hit and hide most of the time. U have to support ur team and have to deal the damage.
    I can understand ur shooter attitude but just doing high damage is worthless if u can't play as a team.

3. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

huh?

Is there some automatic aimbot I don't know about? Isn't all shooting "manual"?

00starlord00 likes this.
  4. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

you can use "automatic aiming" which fires exactly at the place where the enemy is currently (it doesn't compensate for movement) so it's useful only for weapons with fast projectiles (like sniper)
    or you can manualy aim by using aiming joystick (the right one)

5. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

That's why I have used firebomb as a utility, I don't deal alot of damage.
    Are you saying I'm not shooting the same person as everyone else cause I don't use the lock on button on my shots. I shoot where the turrent goes which I might get the lucky shot or majority of the time it moves at the worst spot or switches from my target.
    I use the joystick to fire which usually takes time for me to do, especially if I'm using torps .I'm still learning the flick movements so I don't have manual aim or stay in one spot to aim.Yes I do sometimes stay in a spot and patiently aim. It's a pain.

If I post my shooter vids,I promise you most of the time the first two weapons used on is either firebomb or sniper.
    Railgun is good but I don't really do waves, I just see green reticle and fire. If they are moving I use the joystick to aim and fire.
    I like dueling and getting up close and personal, but I don't like getting hit and have low health.
    I like being far away so I just firebomb and sniper, but i do less damage and stay usually in the back.

6. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Do you lead shots with your firebomb? It’s pretty important to do that (always fire in front of the enemy). Also, the farther away the enemy, the more necessary it is to lead your sniper. Shoot slightly in front of the enemy ship.

7. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

Okay so this is me, my first time using auto lock near the end.
    https://replay.battlebay.net/VPVRNLJT#XLDYLLGR
    That is in essence my playstyle. A ship that revolves around that would be great
    I think I do. Don't really notice when I'm playing, sometimes it hits sometimes it misses

8. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I used to use shooter, spam weapons and not lead my shots but then I switched to speeder's 2 weapon slots and learnt that weapons are precious and started aiming correctly. Join the yellow side. Jkjk. Anyway, learn to manual aim.

9. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

I'll see if I can find me a good teacher.

10. Agile Vanguard

"The greatest teacher, failure is."
    No one will get that reference!:rolleyes:
    Jk, you get a teacher every time you play a match. Try practicing leading your shots in events so you don't lose imfamy.

11. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

Use it to add me Battle Bay_2018-07-07-18-02-46.png

12. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    I don’t think you lead your mortar enough. Also, practice leading with ex cannon it’s pretty important, as the splash damage is really good.

13. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

How do I gauge how far I need to lead, everyone has different speeds and waves appear to slow or speed up people.
    https://replay.battlebay.net/FJTNXRRD#XLDYLLGR

Last edited: 8 Jul 2018
  14. Agile Vanguard

You need to use the same weapons over and over. You said that you keep changing your loudout, that will make it harder to learn the different movement speeds of weapons.

wreck your day and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  15. ShipCrusherCz

@Nightmare3605 is correct, join the yellow side and you will learn how to lead your shots;)
    I played speeder long enough to learn it that much that I land like 94% of shots at maximal range of my weapons and like 98% of shots at mid range
    having only two weapons is good for practicing as you have only limited arsenal so firing without leading your shots is pointless because you can't fire that often
    speeder is also better than enforcer for this because it's faster so it forces you to lead your shots even more, once you reach good accuracy as speeder you should have awesome accuracy with your shooter because it's slower thus you don't need to lead your shots that much

16. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    I like to aim so that the tail of the ship is right on the edge of the splash zone usually, cus if a ship is travel ring forward then it would be harder for it to stop and reverse immediately.

17. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

Stupid question but I have the epic rapid healing perk and was wondering if it does anything on bandage?
    I'll see what I can do.
    Also should I keep carronade?

Last edited: 12 Jul 2018
  18. ShipCrusherCz

that's not stupi question;)
    it will increase bandage's healing but the 5 second activation time will remain untouched
    carronade is good (as damage dealer) at point-blank range or very close to the enemy because of it's spread but it can be used for slowing target and it's turret (full effects applied even when only 1 projectile hits) at max range
    it's damage is low untill you have good crew training and you level it up enough to deal decent damage against shooters and enfos too (speeders and fixers have low defence and you will usually deal only small damage to defenders)

19. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

I'll try to save it then, cause I did try fixer before but I'd didn't like it, also would it be even worth it to put the rapid healing on bandage when I have the regular perks that do the same effect without the cooldown?

20. ShipCrusherCz

if you have regular perks for healing with same effect as your event perk, then don't equip your event perk on bandage as it's waste of pearls and it would be much better for you to use it on green items (if you want to play fixer)