1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The Great matchmaking!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by L_u_c_i, 6 Jul 2018.

1. L_u_c_i

L_u_c_i New Member

Ok so i am at mk3 level.
    In the new event I am being matched with guys who are level 40+ having tier 4 and 5 epics and even legendary items.

Just because they are having some other ship at my mk level, they are matched with me, how am I supposed to fight with my t3 rares with t5 epic items?

Every new event its the same story.
    It is like ok your ship is mk3 we'll match you with the same.

The devs really need to do something about it.
    Its really frustrating experiencing the same things again and again.

2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Still. There is no reason you can't do it too. It literally says that you can use any weapon.

3. L_u_c_i

L_u_c_i New Member

How am I supposed to get t5 epics at mk3?

xxxBISMARCKxxx, Ultrah and Reorge like this.
  4. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Pay money, lol =)

5. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    What do you mean by "it"? Does it mean to go use a weak ship too? If so, the problem is not in what you use, or what the enemy uses; it's the matchmaking system that's at fault here. (Whoohoo another matchmaking complaint) Players should be allowed to have 'fair' matches no matter what they use, be it their main setup, or when they lower their gear score/ship tier. Currently it seems like people cannot do well in their main build, but they excel when they go tanking. Surely we can't have, or continue this system of high levellers bullying low levellers all the way down the infamy/gear score ladder! Players shouldn't be "forced" to lower their gear score/ship tier to receive decent rewards since they can't get into fair games in their main build.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2018
  6. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    The devs solved this last event by making gear score of your single strongest item more important, but then people complained because some people had one really high level item that was getting them harder matchups.

*JAWS* and wreck your day like this.
  7. wreck your day

Tough to be a game dev isn't it; do something and people complain, change things up according to their feedback and people still complain. :p

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

There should have been some common sense involved somewhere. Having a single high level item should never imply it is ok to be matched against someone with 7 high level items. That's what Gear Score was supposed to be for.

ViscountSniffit and Yomama! like this.
  9. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

That's just noise, most of the rest of the world has jobs where- apparently unlike at Rovio- they see some bad consequences if they underachieve.

10. wreck your day

What do you know about how Rovio works :/ Maybe Rovio does have targets for the devs and they always ace them every time? Or maybe you are right, and Rovio has little to no expectations from the devs, other than to, say bring in a certain amount of money every month/year so BB is "worth keeping". After all, Rovio doesn't seem to be supporting BB much in terms of advertising, even on their other Angry Birds games, so BB could possibly just be a side project that they don't really have many aspirations/goals on.

Anyway, whichever the case I must say that the devs are doing quite the opposite of underachieving. Idk what the devs have done, but BB is the best game I have ever played, by far! Of course the game isn't perfect, and some areas, like event matchmaking, and double bubble enfos being op, still need some work, but BB is still commendable overall. The devs may be 'underachieving' to you in terms of the number of new things, or the number of updates compared to other games, but remember that they are just a small dev team trying their best to give quality update after update. Give them time, be patient, support them and give constructive feedback/criticism; maybe then they would be able to work quicker and release more updates/new features :)