1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Many mid life shooter problems

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by USS Ironsides, 3 Jul 2018.

1. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

Screenshot_20180703-121602.png This is my new load order but I'm not really sure if I like it.
    I've had so far more than 20 adjustments in item builds and I can't seem to find the perfect one yet. This one is usable but meh.
    I like range but I still move towards the action.
    I don't like being first one in though my shield melts like butter and I have low hp due to firebomb perks.
    I like getting stars when I win or lose.
    I want to do a lot of damage but I don't really have a lot of damage dealing things
    I manual aim unfortunately.
    Torps are still questionable to use, I'm not a predictor I shoot what's there.
    Problems, my cooldown are okay but small ships like speeders or enforcers can be a problem.
    My shield melts easily so people with a lot of hp/armor with heavy duty weapons kill me.

My weapons don't do a lot of damage yet
    Need to be able to hit far and short with minimal aiming. Has good to great damage, cohesion between cooldowns. Fast projectiles up close or far.
    Is this the right boat for me?
    Should I change some perks?
    Any tips, tricks, suggestions and the like will be helpful
    What to scrap?

Attached Files:

Last edited: 3 Jul 2018
  2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

start using more snipers:p
    no seriously, I think that your setup is good but might be better
    1. do you have burn perks for cannons (damage boost)? if yes and if you are able to have your target on your fire most of the time then they are definitely worth it
    2. you could do better if you adjusted your crew training (not sure, haven't seen it so I may be wrong), maybe if you sacrified some of your fire bomb training you could have more hp?
    3. training makes master, you need to play a lot with this setup (with any setup or ship) to master it
    4. sharing replays might also help as it's hard to adjust setup when you don't see how it's used

hey I am selfish fixer/speeder main and I played defender before so I don't have any true expirience with shooters and setups for them, I just know some common mistakes they do and how to defeat mk5 shooters with my mk4 ships with t3 rares as best gear
    you are also 1k infamy ahead of me so that makes it even harder for me to help
    you should ask someone like american marauder if possible, or @TheAntiSnipe or @The Otherguy (sorry for bothering you guys but I think that you guys will be much more usefull for him)

3. Sidd gamer

Sidd gamer Active Member

i want to play with you my name is[yellow reaper3) in game

4. Sidd gamer

Sidd gamer Active Member

and i am at 2250 infamy

5. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

What's your game tag, unfortunately battle bay hasn't figured out the search name feature yet.

1. I don't have any fire perks, I'll see what I can do but I don't get people on fire all the time.
    2. I can post a pic of my crew training.
    3. Doable
    4. I'll share my replays

6. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd replace firebomb for your lvl 30 railgun or the second sniper or some some other weapos so that you can get some big shield talents and get more health.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  7. PhoenixLife

PhoenixLife Well-Known Member

Videogames
    I see u have a T3E grenade launcher there. USE IT.

8. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

It use to be on my shooter but know I can't even use it, out of practice and how many times would I even use it?
    I could go tanky but you can't replace the sweet smell of burning metal.plus firebomb helps when up you do poorly in the damage department like me. Especially if you lose and I lose a lot.

I tried doing a video but the files are too large.

Last edited: 4 Jul 2018
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

So... Are you a brawler, a controller or a sniper? Or a Jack?

10. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

The jack of all, master to none.

Attached Files:

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Then follow this: Two nutcrackers, one fire assist, one from below, one from afar.

Basically, two weps that break TSes, one FB/napalm/flare, one torp(preferably BT) and one snipe/RG/whatever you have the slots for.

00starlord00 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  12. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    TRIGGERED
    :p

Since I've quit playing I've lost my touch, and don't know the most recent data, but from what I remember...
    I have no clue, looks good to me, though those 2 fire weapons bother me...

13. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    What’s to sell.. hmm. Donate me ur E cannon in the black market. I’ll trade an epic shield 4 that. I made posts about that

14. SeaNavy

Then post the replay links. You can get them by clicking the battle tag on the top right of the result screen.

15. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

16. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

Okay I know the flare is not very good right now and is underfeed but what's wrong with my firebomb?

Lol I can't trade for that, that ex cannon is a investment that has taken a lot of time and resources.
    (*Meet me in the park at 12pm, on the corner of Wall ave and church st. We`ll talk*)lol

Attached Files:

17. SeaNavy

No, give it to me, I'll give you a t4 rare bandage with all epic perks one it.

18. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I don't think that Flare is doing you any good. When you get to MK6 you can replace it with the Ballpark Mortar. In the mean time the Grenade looks like a better candidate considering you like to be in the action. When I was L36 I had not received 4 copies of any Epic item... so considering the amount of Epics you have, your firepower is far more substantial. In fact I'm Level 46 and I still don't have as many Epic T4 canons as you, so you are very much on the right track.

19. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

Already covered on my defender, but thanks.
    So I'll have one 10sec, 2 weapons with 11 sec cd, then a 14 followed by a 15 sec cd

Also look at the older posts cause I'm putting pictures of my talents in them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 4 Jul 2018
  20. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Your ex cannon doesn’t have fire damage perks, so I would suggest trading that flare for that beautiful ballpark mortar you have there ;) Srsly though, flare is useless without right usage.

The Otherguy and ShipCrusherCz like this.