1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

1v1 event matchmaking issues

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Ahepic, 29 Jun 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Lol ring around the Rosie rock is the only way my lilttle boat, that dies in 4 hits, has any chance against most defenders and shooters that I'm matched against lol
    Would it really be fair for the two players to just sit in the open firing till one dies? Barriers and places to hide are necessary for the game to be played with any sort of skill, technique or strategy to it! With out that it's just a matter of the biggest guns and most hp every time, might as well be another stat based card game lol
    But yer the same rock every match does get old very quick lol

2. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

not for me , i easily beat defenders , i just shoot them with all what i have , and then hide till my items reload and then do that again over and over , and i Finnish them before the time ends
    my setup { t5 epic ExC , leg ExC , t4 rare big torp , t5 rare carronade , t2 uncommon flare gun(to boost my cannons)

3. GandadT

GandadT New Member

Just had GS with oppo over 1k above me and rep also well over 1k above, is this really fair? I don’t think so, it’s just set up for the big boys to get bigger!
    No doubt they pay to stop the adds lol

4. Ahepic

Ahepic Member

I know some can defeat defender with this combo but if u don't have it or somthing similer no chance
    So my note is not about who can or can't, it's about unfair match in general in matchmaker

Last edited: 30 Jun 2018
  5. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    I told you some people were bots

6. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

*JAWS* likes this.
  7. Ashkenani

Ashkenani New Member

i don't know when you guys well understand that the game balance is BS!
    and its killing the fun of the game but the event is cool rewards are amazing the time is great ,only the balance and waiting time to find Opp the fight !

Reorge likes this.
  8. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be rocks in the mini maps.
    Waves already create enough barriers between shots.

If we are going to have rocks or hiding spaces....draws should end.
    Especially in 1vs1 deathmatch match event.

A draw option is a slap.

I prefer the game determines a winner even if time runs out 1vs1. Let the star system as example be used. And whomever has the most coins wins match. Ie...the draw gets declared side A is the winner.

Once players see the for winning you earn more coins this will also cure this issue.

I know many players including myself who have killed the unfriend 2 times. And still have received less coins. That's ridiculous.

Damage cannot be the only metric for this event. Winning thru 2 times killing unfriended should receive max coins.

These are one sharks opinion...but it's whack coin distribution and allowing draws in general that keep this game a sub game. Instead of E sports worthy.

@Miika
    Seriously in the world cup knockout stage where two teams enter. One teams leaves....even they won't allow a draw in knockout round.

So developers....Why don't u finally fix this game flaw? It's called 1vs1. Not 1vsRun.

Jaws

9. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Nightmare mk7 against an mk4 guy :p , but sadly some people still thinks it makes sense and is fair Screenshot_2018-06-30-16-28-58-738_com.rovio.battlebay.png

mar5hmello and Cavy like this.
  10. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

I'm still undefeated with 1day 14hr to go...

seems totally fair to me!

:rolleyes:

11. Terry Morgan

https://replay.battlebay.net/XRKJWKTM#WXVMLXZY
    Yet again cowards afraid to fight!!! If you pick bananas the be prepared to fight. This hit, run, & draw crap makes for such a boring and wasted game. 1v1 me or GTFO!! This ain't Chicken Run this is Battle Bay!!!!!!

12. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

should have preserved the "damage don't break cap" in this 1v1. That would fix it.

Terry Morgan likes this.
  13. Terry Morgan

That will solve the whole hit and run issue.

Ænima likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Why don't you tell me what this super innocent, no-doubt-not-his-fault-matchmaking-is-rigged mk4 is doing with t4 epic and leggy gear? Thanks:)

15. TheAntiSnipe

Excuse me, but I thought that this thread was more of a matchmaking one than a fix one.
    Screenshot_2018-07-01-08-51-57-950_com.android.chrome.png
    Either way, I'm willing to reopen the discussion if it remains on-topic

16. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Curious how is this matching By power
    My setup is unusual so it takes a while to find a "fair match" but!!!
    IMG_25610701_102712.JPG IMG_25610701_102656.JPG Screenshot_25610701_102602.jpg

17. Terry Morgan

Np bro. I just thought it was different aspect of complaints and suggestions on the 1v1 mode. Mine is more about the execution and management of the match itself rather than the match making setting up the opponents. I have issues with that too but it has been duely covered imo.. I'm good with whatever you decide. It's geled pretty well here.
    Thanks

Turkett

18. TheAntiSnipe

Discussion reopened then!

19. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Nice stat sheet.

Would you mind filtering out all matches other than your main setup/main ship? And reposting with the new averages? I think the results may be a little skewed with the speeder/defender/lower gear score trials.

Regardless, I would agree that captain level seems to carry a lot of MM weight in this event, and it's a good sign that they're continuing to experiment with different MM formulas.

20. BrisBaybah8266

BrisBaybah8266 New Member

I literally have played battle bay for well over a year now, got my own great guild going, really getting all my stuff upgraded the way I'd like, I'm an MK6 now, captain level 42, infamy at about 2200, LOVE this game.

Lately been excited about the new updates & events (I never use custom battles), & for the most part i have liked the events, obviously i can see that rovio is still tweaking the stars to coins, different types of events, etc. THESE MATCHUP ISSUES ARE SOOOO BAD THO THAT I LITERALLY DON'T EVEN WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE!!! PLEEEEEASE ROVIO FIX THESE HORRIBLE MATCHUPS!!!

I have been saying that these matchups are terrible since the 1st event but this 1 vs 1 is SO bad that i just don'twant to play the game at all now... Now i could just not be a fan because i keep going up against people that are SO much higher in EVERY aspect (even if i use an MK3 ship of mine, downgrade & use my crappier weapons, i mean i have tried EVERYTHING!), or it could be that i much prefer teams, could be a combination of both. I really think if the matchups were even CLOSE to even & i had ANY sort of chance that i could like 1 vs 1, but rovio REALLY has to figure out the issues with it, or just don't use 1 vs 1 cause it is TERRIBLE!

Please, please, PLEASE fix the way u match up people cause so far its ABSOLUTELY not working!!!

Thanks

StrictSalmon307 likes this.