1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New event 1v1 duels

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by YerJokinArnYer, 27 Jun 2018.

1. SirName

SirName Member

Just played a game probably my first of many event manipulators. My infamy 200+ cheater infamy 2800+. My boat mk2 shooter with tier 2 rare cannon, tier 1 rare carronade, tier 1 uncommon flare. Cheater boat mk1 defender with tier 1 epic big shield, tier 2 epic shield with 2 rare hit points perks, tier 1 epic cannon, tier 4 rare cannon.

2. sea31

sea31 Member

I have to admit, I'm surprised that they're not matching ship type for ship type. The entire game revolves around team play - when it's one on one, the dynamic is completely different. I run with a shooter and only a shooter (since I'm not going to pour more money than what I already have into getting another ship and set of ship-sepcific gear up to the infamy level I'm at), so if I'm up against a halfway decent speeder 1-on-1, well...curtains. lol. It's hard to do damage when your'e up against someone who can stun you, then run up behind you and kill you before turret gets anywhere near them.

SirName likes this.
  3. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Oh... I never knew about this "cheat". Tried it now, didn't help =)))
    But anyway, I wonder where are all those 3200-3900 infamy mk6 ships? All I meet now - over 4000/ over 5000 infamy mk7s.
    That's not even fun...

4. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Well... I definitely don't want to play this event anymore. Will stick to normal battles for now

5. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Maye your gear is better than your normal infamy suggests. I, for instance, often get matched against teams full of high level legendaries and maxed epics while I'm packing all rares except an epic flare gun and turbo.

6. sea31

sea31 Member

Oooof. I just got paired with someone over 5000 infamy when I'm at 2800 o_O

7. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I've spanked a couple of NM players in mk6s, but I swear it's been like shooting bots at times!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

already which times everything is done so that the fixers can not get anything, maybe enough already?

9. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

This special battle mode is BS.....matchmaking done by people on acid....why am I battling with nightmare league players at mk7 4500 infamy with gear score of 11k when I’m at 9k mk6 w t a f.....no incentive to play this one at all....:(o_O

10. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I'm winning and winning haven't lost a game yet.

11. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

You win and win normal or special battle mode Gnu!

Rainbow Warrior and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    :D

TheAntiSnipe and craz¥burd like this.
  13. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Okay I tried my best but I just have to admit this event isn't for me. I tried my normal mk6 shooter gear (10,5k gear score) but faced mk7s with 12k gear score most of the time. I might be able to compete with them in normal 5vs5 when I have my team with me but in 1vs1 it's just brutal o_O

My poor shooter got 9k hp but those mk7 monsters got anything between 11k (shooters) and 20k (defenders). And needless to say, a yellow enemy almost always means a loss :p but I'm not blaming matchmaking here - basically the matches weren't unfair in terms of overall power. Those people just got better 1vs1 weapons (flare, exc and bc) while my own weaponry (snipers, rg and torps) is better used at longer range team play. So it looks like I just have to wait for another team based events :cool:

14. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Of cuz yr an enforcer who would event lose by using enforcer?
    Btw,enforcer is the best in this event,poor shooters got bullied XD

15. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

I seriously believe that these 1v1 duels should give more coins for a win, it makes sense to use stars/coins in other matches since you can’t win if your team suck, but for 1v1 it’s different, a win should be give significantly more coins

16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'm happy because shooters and defenders had the upper hand up until this event. Now yellow boats, whose forté is duelling, are being represented.

Maybe we'll have a fixer centric event too? Ofc triptape fixers have a clear edge in this event, but still.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That's because the event favors players with higher gear score (and thus infamy). I'm using my main Shooter with the best loadout I can put together. Here's the stats on my first 10 games (all I've played so far), and you can clearly see why you are winning:

1v1_results.png

18. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    My infamy is high, not the gear score (comparing to majority p2p nightmare)

Nikkie! likes this.
  19. White Wolve

White Wolve New Member

I call ( bullshit ) on this 1v1 duel event! Rovio!.... theres this thing called a dictionary, and in the dictionary theres the definition of matchmaking! When yall take a break from counting all that $ you make off of ppl in the game, look it up

20. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Looks like it is easier to balance 5v5 than 1v1. The waiting time for a battle is soooooo long.