1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tags for friend chat

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by wreck your day, 21 Jun 2018.

?

What do you think?

1. Yes, I have like 100+ friends

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Idc... who cares about friend chat just let it degrade into a labyrinth of anarchy :P

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. No, tags are unnecessary. Just UNFRIEND THEM ALL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Hey everyone! I have a suggestion for the friend chat: tags! Over the months I have "friended" a lot of people, and now my friend chat is getting rather... unruly. I know it's not that much of a problem, but it's annyoing to have to comb through the list to find particular friends, be it some random guildmate or an old friend I happened to meet in a match. (Aaaand I'm too lazy to go clear it all up :p) Here's a little mockup of what it could look like:

Picture_20180621_125024946.jpg
    The first 2 tags "All friends" and "Guild" are default tags every player has, while the other 2 tags "Forum" and "Left BB :(" are examples of tags the player adds.

2. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    'People I actually chat with'

'People I just add because they want me to'

3. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

TAGS is not a good idea i hope..but gave positive vote, some what it filters.
    Instead this..please make friends search easy. instead of searching with tag and scrolling down for some friend to message...it should filter with alphabets easily.

so that when we type "A" we should get friend list filtered with name "A", in that manner...if the friend name starts with "so" we should get names with "so"
    same...if we type "mik" we should get names with "mik" whether it is located in the beaning or in middle of name...all the names should display.

it makes more comfortable friends list.
    Also delete friends in bulk option should be there...so that we can delete some inactive players...
    As i am suffering a lot, as my friends list is FULL. always i have to delete some one to add some one...

TheAntiSnipe and wreck your day like this.
  4. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I don't have 1K friends yet, but must be a pain to do that. Here's a tip: next acc, don't accept every damn friend request from a player you don't even chat with

5. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

hahaha...
    i chat mostly with 500+
    it depends on individual...
    When a person need support or he wants to know about us...they may send request...
    this is a game...making relations with friends may give more peace of mind than game.
    so damn i cannot keep them blocking or rejecting and they gave the option to add 1000.
    instead,
    as one of the popular game they have to provide such option to communicate more easily
    its their responsibility to care players...and to make more flexibility.
    why i did not left the game is due to friends and i have some beautiful support from my guilds too.
    communication gives more responsibilities than game
    :):):)

Last edited: 21 Jun 2018
    wreck your day and NeptuneGaming like this.
  6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I would be supportive if it is something easy to implement, as it would improve quality of life - it’s kind of an ‘adjusting the sails’ low priority issue.

However, if it requires major work, I’d rather the devs worked on ideas which significantly improved the overall gameplay.

So I voted ‘yes’ but that’s my caveat.

7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Filters would be good. Especially a ‘last online’ filter.

There are probably some people on my list who I added as a friend last year when I was a newb, and who have never been online since, or made it past mk3. It would be nice to be able to remove those guys, so my friends list is a bit easier to manage, but it’s hard to see the wood but for the trees.

AVID likes this.