1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Cap' or Kill!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 15 Jun 2018.

1. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Take off all the perks, those count for a lotta gear score. Idk about other stuff though, good luck with MM :D

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. Tmfh67401

Tmfh67401 Member

Great job developers! U really have added excitement to the game!

Dobson and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  3. Lightstrike

Lightstrike New Member

Then why is our legendary perk progress being lost :( I could only collect enough coins for 1 epic perk this event. And I bought it before I saw on the forum that legendary perk progress is not continuing to the next season. Shouldn't the legendary progress be the same as the guild legendary board progress which continues on to the next season? I don't think players should be encouraged to hoard coins to spend all in 1 event as opposed to purchasing rewards freely, with the promise of a legendary perk at the end of all the cumulative effort. Hope some changes are made for this season ends! Overall really love the current new coin system and hope it remains!

4. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

The screenshot is from a game i play Right now! This method Can be implemented in one of the events since matchmaker is criticized for this event (Even by genuine forum members,who usually do not complain about it) Screenshot_20180617-084857~2.png

{P.S. i must confess the game is 1v1(in some cases 2v2).So,in case of Battle bay advantage should be offered to older players and P2W if this thought about being implemented,which according me should be in form of perks and crew Talents,they should be unaffected by this.Only ship Mk and weapon tier}

For eg---If a newbie has a same T5 explosive compared to pro,it shouldn't have Projectile speed benifit or damage boost offered by crew training (Which isn't trained)but the tier of weapon should be evened out for a better chance to hold against.Perks should also be unaffected)

Last edited: 17 Jun 2018
  5. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Please fix your Match making Rovio. I have been facing mk7 all morning. They are 1-2k gear score higher than me.

It was not the same case in 2-3 events back. Now I feel the TDM is nothing but regular games Because of the stupid MM. Also, now I can't use different boats, because I'll always face enimies with higher gear score.

So, I suggest u to stop with these events until u guys fix this shitty MM. It's getting worse each event. :mad: I don't care how long it takes to fix it. But , please no events until then.

Thank you. :)

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

You're wrong about this... at least in part. It's the way Battle Bay was designed. To be successful, players are forced to focus on a single boat (or 2)... and focus on a specific handful of loadouts to build. Otherwise boats would be leveled all at once, and you would have a lot of really weak weapons instead of a handful of strong ones.

7. envylife

@The Grim Repair, this is, at best, misleading. Without question Matchmaker takes infamy into account in a very significant way: If you bring out a lower MK boat than your main boat, you will still be put into the higher MK battles. Not only that but those battles frequently have even higher level players, in both gear score and infamy... not just a little, but thousands of points different. If it is MK level of highest boat instead of infamy (the two frequently are correlated), it doesn't explain why I've seen the full gamut of MK levels in the same battle.

Why is this? If Matchmaker uses only gear score, it must be summing the gear score of both sides for the balance rather than putting players in a battle of equivalent gear scores. In almost every match I've seen a difference in gear score of 2000, and upwards of 6500! I've seen infamy differentials of 2000, and I'm not talking about the 5000 infamy players bringing lower boats and gear into a 3k battle, they are bringing their fully loaded T5 Epics and T3 legendaries into a 2500-3500 infamy battle.

It frequently makes for lop-sided battles, worse than any prior event.

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I agree that this is the worst matchmaking so far. In previous weeks the battles seemed ‘mostly’ fair. There were a few people strapping OP weapons onto mk2s, but I think the problem was being overstated, and those people were often being matched against much better ships.

This week you seem to have thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

Mad_Bulls_007 likes this.
  9. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    What I find is that you should immediately target the guy that will cause more havoc, so that your weaker teammates don't get killed. I find that works out better at 6k gear score where all teh weak mk5s hang out witha few NM gear score droppers.

10. Trium

Trium Active Member

Event is extremely cool (developers are making them better every time), so far the best that was presented.

But rewards system is not the great. I played quite actively and didn't even farm the purple chest.

11. lumo

lumo New Member

this matchmaking is just crap! I‘m staying with the normal fights because the event doesn’t make any sense when you just get destroyed without any chance...

12. BEN

BEN Active Member

Are there no devs to comment about matchmaking for this event? It does not seem balanced at all. I get a ton of battlecoins but i lose/draw about 60-70% of my battles. Its either the matchmaking is flawed or there arent enough people queing. This event is by far the worst.

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Event matchmaking is a work-in-progress, since as @Zeus said when talking about the ticket timer, they're constantly taking feedback about what needs to be better and improving accordingly.

So let's see what happpens next time. Also if you are having a hard time with the event, please go to my thread here to understand how to save up and get the legendary perk in the next events using this system:

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/bb-economy-saving-event-coins.20258/

14. BEN

BEN Active Member

Cool thanks for the info. Was gonna go grind it out this week to get the leggy perk but i guess ill wait till matchmaking gets better. Good to know the coins get carried over too.

StrictSalmon307 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Happy to help!:)

16. lumo

lumo New Member

Sad is that with this stupid MM and the whole mine thrower noobs there is no fun to even play the event... so in the end its just again for all the money wasters that bought up their whole ships and weapons....

17. envylife

Removing the ticket timer is a HUGE improvement. The event format itself is excellent. The matchmaking is an utter travesty though... That and the ad bug far overshadow the improvements that were made.

I'm sure the Nightmare players enjoy destroying boats 2000 lower infamy, but it's not quite as fun for those lower boats. One match I was hopeful having Waveblower on my team, but being a Tape Fixer that didn't quite work to our advantage the way I hoped... as the counter-balance was a Nightmare MK7 Enforcer.

This matchmaking format had potential on paper I'm sure, but the opportunity for imbalanced matches is too high. I've had a streak of 2 wins out of 20 matches, as well as a streak of 2 losses out of 20. I don't mind 50/50 but streaks are annoying.

FataMorgana88 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

I get that ur not allowed to use lower ships in events. But, matching mk5-6 with mk3!. Come on! That's harsh. They are 3-4k gear score higher than me.

BTW, I just wanted to see how mm works when we use lower mk's. Now I know how it's like. Not gonna use it again .

The ship I used.
    Screenshot_20180617-213902.jpg
    The result
    Screenshot_20180617-213203.jpg

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  19. envylife

You are allowed to use lower ships in events... that's how it was designed. They are still tweaking it to make it work, but you'll notice that the unfriendlies are all MK5 and you have 3 MK6's on your team to counter-balance you as an MK3.

20. Surajsr//1

Surajsr//1 New Member

Accountant
    How do coins count towards the legendary chest contribution 0/900 ?
    - Only by spending coins will you gain contribution towards the legendary chest. Hoarding coins won't help. So let's say you have 1080 unspent coins, you have to spend them on the other chests first every time, in order to gain legendary chest contribution.

And what about epic chest can we open the epic chest directly without spending coins on other chests?

StrictSalmon307 likes this.