1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Which ships need buffs? [Poll restarted]

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Joey who, 14 Sep 2017.

?

Which boats need buffs?

1. Shooter

9.8%
  2. Speeder

23.5%
  3. Enforcer

11.8%
  4. Defender

51.0%
  5. Fixer

43.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Enforcer, mainly now that the upgrade ruined one of its popular configurations: frost + sniper + mortar.
    I guess there'll be a lot of enforcers using double blast cannon + flare gun. But I believe that a speeder using flare + explosive is a lot stronger than an enforcer with flare + blast.

2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

FWIW, I left it too

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I'm on the verge too.

4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

What, really?how many Established forum members are qutting at the same time.Is it game or real life?

Last edited: 17 Nov 2017
  5. BEN

BEN Active Member

Speeders have the best speed in the game but are pretty hard to control. If they have the ability to go backwards at highspeed that would make them so OP. Imagine a speeder chasing you in reverse.

Now the enforcers I believe has the best start up speed. Im not so sure about that now because of the nerfs but thats how its supposed to be.. Its wasted now with such low base movespeed.

Enfo buff wishlist: Better base speed and a little bit more turret turn speed please!!!

Stelmo likes this.
  6. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Do not leave It, please, you're a really tough opponent to face on the Bay :D
    You or someone with the same nickname lol

7. Shadow Moon!

Lol must be someone else I'm sure of it.

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

For me a bit of both. The issue that caused me to quit was real life, I just don't have any decent amount of time for a game atm. But I was getting tired of the game too. Two reasons:

1) One can only play so many battles before it starts to feel really repetitive, I played something like 4500 and hitting that battle button just wasn't as exciting as it once was

2) I was hopelessly stuck. I played for 6 months, took me about 3 to get to 3500 infamy and the next 3 months I stayed there. It was impossible for me to progress (outside of the occasional win streak into 3700-3800) because the power increase is so steep. Above me are all the beta players and the heavy spenders, who both have T4+ epics and I just can't compete with my T4 rares. And the time required to get T4 epic myself is just far too long. I'm not going to grind hours a day for another 3-6 months just to have a chance at competing.

So while real life pushed me, I was sort of on the edge already and would have probably left sooner if not for my guild / alliance.

9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Stay on topic please. Wouldn't want the thread locked

10. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Hm I am fan of being able to equip big shield, we dont have the agility to dodge shots like speeder or enforcer.
    With the final talent increase, it seems the buff to fixer would be largely end game. I support that, fixer may be able to play more aggressively with more hp and faster self healing. Especially since mk6 gets two weapon slots. i dont think it would make it op either since most mk6 ships are beasts.

11. Joey who

12. Shadow Moon!

Change your answers now since enforcers have become new meta.

13. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

100 votes for Enforcers. Oh my goodness! :eek:

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  14. Shadow Moon!

That poll is year old :p

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  15. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

Frost torp is the weakest combo in the game, if you are getting regularly destroyed by it, then you need to change your playstyle.

16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Pfft you need to brush up on BB history
    IMG_20180617_191509.jpg His post^^(note the date)

"End of Ice Age" update: IMG_20180617_191408.jpg
    And finally, the date on that update:
    IMG_20180617_191438.jpg
    You're still young, kiddo:p

Hokuse and wreck your day like this.
  17. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

I know of the nerf, I just didn't look at the date of the OP. My bad guys

Rainbow Warrior and Hokuse like this.
  18. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

Or a mvp can just restart the poll

19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I should, but this thread is a very good reference point. I'll screenshot the current results, then restart it.

Okay,done. Capture.PNG

20. Joey who

Thanks.

Now.. I'll share my new opinion.

I think shooter is fine as it is. There really is nothing you can go wrong with using a fixer.

Speeder could use a buff. It's really lost it's effectiveness after the stun nerfs. I think it's still a reliabke ship to use but when it comes to a double bubble enforcer, a monster fire-power shooter, or a tanky defender it's not really the obvious choice anymore.

Enforcer has improved a lot. I do think the 2 tesla shield setup is a little OP but at least it's not insanely underpowered anymore, even at mk5.

Defender is pretty tanky but sometimes not tanky enough to take in the torps and mortars which, when from a skilled enemy, will hit a defender almost every time. I feel the defender could use more defense and a higher defense cap. Currently the cap is 100 defense.

Fixer game is pretty strong with tape being meta now. I do feel they are poorly rewarded in contribution but performance wise they are strong. Might not need a buff to them besides maybe some extra defense points. (As a fixer is the main target)

ShipCrusherCz likes this.