1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ad issues in game

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Kelemvor, 31 Aug 2017.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Without fail, after every ad I watch, I click "X" to close it, the app restarts, and I get no bonus credits.

Sswingle, EyesTv and 3XCIT3D like this.
  2. Doc.Archy

Doc.Archy New Member

I am getting the same issue: the game restarting after closing the ads.
    Played about 8 games tonight and these 2 ads are the ones I kept getting and they both restarted the game after closing:
    - Guns of glory : unity ads
    - Dungeon Hunter Champions : unity ads
    I am on a motorola g5 plus phone.
    Only noticed it after this cap or kill event started.

Sswingle and EyesTv like this.
  3. Arminvolta

Arminvolta New Member

The problem is unity ads not Rovio

EyesTv likes this.
  4. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Current Ad issues related to crashing the app are being investigated - so please stay patient and we will update you here when we know more.

Bananas and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  5. 3XCIT3D

3XCIT3D Member

There's no specific ad provider... it's all ads... every ad you sit through for bonus rewards or shop refresh makes you exit the game and gives no rewards...

Attached Files:

EyesTv likes this.
  6. EyesTv

EyesTv Member

Play BB
    I have the same thing it's ultra boring;

7. kick@$$

kick@$$ New Member

All ads cause the game to crash. There is no specific ad provider problem.

EyesTv likes this.
  8. EyesTv

EyesTv Member

Play BB
    We complain about the pubs but in my opinion they must lose anyway a lot of money. ^^

9. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

Same :(

EyesTv likes this.
  10. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

It's funny.... Rovio ads are the only ads that work. When I played late last night, all I got were Rovio ads so the bonus worked just fine. I wake up this morning and it's back to the same BS. This is garbage!

11. Taevion0

Taevion0 Member

The ad bugs are crashing my store refresh and im unable to refresh... i think i missed last nights refresh... any compensation for all the gold and surgar it caused us to lose? Including all the 30sec ads people watched for nothing...

Jamel H. likes this.
  12. Zviki_SLO

Zviki_SLO Member

For me, not only that app crash after the add... After the game is restarted (by self) , there is no sound. I need to go into options and the sound is back. And it happens a lot!

LimeOnMars likes this.
  13. Mundungous

Mundungous Member

Same for me, every ad, every shop refresh, restarts game with no rewards..

14. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

I guess we're screwed for the entire weekend or longer. I will have to seriously reconsider my loyalty to this app. Great game Rovio, not so great gaming experience.

15. Petermm

Petermm New Member

This happens all the time now. Even when pressing the x right away. The game restarts and won't give the bonus or refresh the market after the video. It just restarts the game.

Last edited: 16 Jun 2018
    Jamel H. likes this.
  16. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

With it being a loss of gold, sugar and pearls from both matches and the free care packages on the shop resets which also requires you to watch an ad, will there be consideration to provide a form of compensation / reimbursement for players due to the issue out of interest?

Rhummy and Jamel H. like this.
  17. Crit Jagger

Crit Jagger New Member

Not sure. Most likely not. We're still playing the game right? But it's seriously killing my interest for playing at all.

Jamel H. likes this.
  18. Ackoroth

Ackoroth Active Member

Attack Helicopter
    Sometimes when I watch the ads after the battle to get more rewards, the ad doesn't play. I still get the rewards, but the ad doesn't play. Might want to look into this...

19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This ad bug may be the worst issue I've seen in BB to date... more annoying than removing message notifications between battles... and definitely more annoying than ghost message notifications from completed quest, that has not been addressed after 8 months, or even the inability to see chat messages as you type, also introduced with this latest release. The timing is a problem as well... to start an event on a Friday afternoon, likely related to this issue, when everyone at Rovio is going home for the weekend, ensures that no timely resolution will happen.

Last edited: 17 Jun 2018
  20. Punisher

Punisher New Member

Same here as soon as the ads finish the game restart itself and no more sound, i also cannot refresh the shop, all the extra gold i lost :( this is really annoying and i'm not getting any pearls either, hope there would be some kind of compensation.

Jamel H. likes this.