1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Nitro be useful in reverse?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ultrah, 11 Jun 2018.

1. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

I notice a lot of people use Overboost, and for good reason too. It’s a flexible speed boost that can be used going forward or backward.

As a Nitro Fixer, I’d love to be able to Nitro backwards instead of slowly making my way back to safety.

What do you think?

Or should Overboost be the only viable boost in reversing situations for yellow boats and turtles?

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I like the idea, but to be able to nitro both forwards and backwards would end up being too OP on speeders. I can think of quite a few crazy moves that can be pulled if both forward and backward motion exists on nitro.

Ofc, if this was a separate item, I'd be all for it!

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Would be useful in some cases but I think there would be lots of accidental nitroing backwards. But the idea is nice. I also suggested a side step nitro. It's like nitro but going to the sides (whichever side you are turning to)

4. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

Creating an item to insta-fix bad positioning isn't really fun for the guy who worked hard to get you in a bad position in the first place...

Medullaoblongata and Ultrah like this.
  5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Only as a separate item. Nitro is already in the top tier as it is. Having a reverse Nitro would be a great new yellow item... Or what about a side-step yellow item? "The Juke Move".

Last edited: 11 Jun 2018
    R@jith anand and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Neat!

7. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I spend a lot of time driving around backwards, just so that I can Nitro back into cover if needed. So yeah the feature would be very useful. Though I don’t know if I’d want to spend a whole slot on a reverse Nitro.

wreck your day likes this.
  9. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Do a barrel roll!

10. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

"Should we make yellow boats EXPONENTIALLY BETTER guise"

....Lets not.

Medullaoblongata and Ænima like this.
  11. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

Now, we have an idea about "2D" move of nitro. How about jumping nitro where it jumps? Whether it moves forward or backward depends on your inertia. You can jump across mine or low fence.

Aether_Zero and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  12. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    This sounds really cool :D maybe launched by springs or rockets under the boats?
    I feel like this would be exploited a lot though (players moving into areas of the map not allowed or out of the map) also, there are many super small fenced off areas that once entered, don’t allow you to build up enough momentum to get back out. Some tweaks to maps would be needed
    Still, cool idea

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I love the idea but I have a question:
    How would the game handle a player jumping over terrain but not quite making the jump? Do they get pushed in bounds or do they get beached?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

Let wear a creative hat. If I cannot cross mine, the mine trigger. If I cannot cross fence marginally, I stuck there until someone (my team or opponent) hits me and I will fall in the same direction according to the impact. If I cannot cross fence at all, I bump the wall.

15. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I think if you go over something (solid, not mines) and don't have enough speed to make it over, the game should just assume you didn't jump high enough either and just hit the wall.

16. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    Look, a lot of things should only shoot from behind, like nitro.... And farts. Oh great, now the image of nitro blasts being speeder farts is stuck in my head.

TheAntiSnipe and Ultrah like this.
  17. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Reverse Nitros will only be good for practicing Michael Jackson level moonwalks.
    (Although the moonwalk was invented by Bill Bailey)

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.