1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Ticket timer balancing Q&A

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 8 Jun 2018.

1. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I completely disagree with everything you’ve just said (I sound a bit like Luke Skywalker in TLJ)
    1. Reduced cooldowns have completely thrown the balance of ships out from each other. It is advantageous to ships with a low number of buttons to press in game (defenders primarily) and disadvantageous to players of ships with high numbers of buttons (enforcers and fixers primarily. Fixers are further disadvantaged by the star system of rewards). Therefore these players have to do something to get a fair game. The solution for them is to drop equipment to lower their gear score.
    2. They are not dropping gear to do more damage and use OP weapons. As I say, they are doing this because cooldowns have thrown balance out. They are clever and have realised that with reduced cooldown, having 6 buttons to press is too much and that they cannot cycle through them all before the first is available again. That means that for the last event only about 4 (maybe 5) active pieces of equipment were needed. And here’s the clever part, if you had too had more buttons, YOU could do the same too no matter what your infamy or ship level. If you have more items on your boat than those other players, it is not the case that they are taking advantage of the system, it is a case that you are failing to adapt to the rules of the event.
    3. Once ships for the battle were decided upon, infamy was then used to help allocate the teams. So there should be someone equally as efficient on your team too. Realising who these players were should have been very easy to identify (the player on the furthest right of your team, and furthest left on the opposition). Similarly, the weakest ships were also easily identifiable too (just reverse right and left). Avoid the best player, target the weak player. - simple. Or alternatively all target the best player as they may be a bit of a glass cannon and go down quickly.
    4. Very few players with good quality weapons will have undeveloped ships lying around. You are not being reflective of the majority of players with your example.
    Before I go any further, I would add that I am a Mk6 ship, I did take off one slot of gear, but was always fighting Mk6 ships. I only won 42% of matches in the event, and so was below a breakeven position. However if I’d stayed at my true gear score, my win percentage would have been even lower due the the imbalance caused by increased cooldown.

If there is another event with increased cooldown, I would encourage all players to think about how many items you can cycle through before the first one is back available. Having too many items on your ship is like paying to take extra luggage on holiday and the returning home to find you’ve only worn half of your clothes.

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Also infamy wasn't a perfect way to judge strength.
    I had so many games where I was 3rd / 4th in terms of the order of the names at the top, but came out on top for damage :)
    One game we had a NML player using Speeder, and he used a T5 epic mine and a T5 Epic sniper and he did 2k damage vs my 27k at the top.

ShipCrusherCz and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  3. Dirty Boathole

Dirty Boathole Member

My only frustration with this event was the perks. I chased a Frost Cannon perk through the event twice, and the 8 perks I earned did not include a single frost cannon. I believe that I randomly received frost duration x5 (uncommon + rare + epic [x2] + legendary), carronade range x2 (uncommon + rare) and repair cooldown x1 (legendary) as my 8 perks. I haven't used fixer in normal battle in a long time, so the repair perk is simply being held on a bandage. While I don't use carronade, I do have one in progress and a rare perk with added range is a reasonable swap for a normal epic perk. However, receiving 5 of the frost duration perk was maddening. The reason I felt so upset about the high volume of that specific perk is that there are currently only 2 frost items available. Assuming that I have one of each, the "one perk with the same name" restriction limits me to applying two of the 5 frost duration perks that I received. If I had received 5 cannon perks, I would be able to spread them around to multiple weapons. Does the random selection method for assignment of claimed perks take into account the number of applicable items available? If not, does it need too?

Mr Meaner and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  4. Nickboi love u

Nickboi love u New Member

The star system is very biased to fixers . As many people know fixers can have +20k repair and still have a one star. I understand other factors go in on stars but I can almost bet that if any other ship type does +20k damage they will have a two star. I ask for the devs to rethink stars with fixers. I haven’t had a real issue with the stars until now because I am missing out on exclusive items because my primary setup isn’t granted as fair of a chance in the event.
    Thanks, Nickboi

ViscountSniffit and Boeggla like this.
  5. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

On your first point, I play enforcer and fixer. This event did not hurt me unfairly compared to defenders or shooters. I had a win rate well over 50 %, and I never had a game I played for 0 stars, (except me screwing around after I got my legendary). Enforcer, and my fixer were both ver viable options to play with.

6. Nickboi love u

Please help spread this

7. Nickboi love u

Help spread this

8. Nickboi love u

The star system is very biased to fixers . As many people know fixers can have +20k repair and still have a one star. I understand other factors go in on stars but I can almost bet that if any other ship type does +20k damage they will have a two star. I ask for the devs to rethink stars with fixers. I haven’t had a real issue with the stars until now because I am missing out on exclusive items because my primary setup isn’t granted as fair of a chance in the event.
    Thanks, Nickboi

9. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

For me, the 30 min timer made it more stressful when I couldn't play and was losing tickets. If burnout was your main concern, removing the tickets system altogether would fix it as we wouldn't feel compelled to play every x minutes.
    I can only play in two or three blocks on the weekends, so the longer timer meant significantly less games for me in the event.

10. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

If they got away, then yes, the kill shot should be rewarded, but if they were that low with more than enough ticks of fire damage to kill them in one second, using your 2.5k damage EC to take the kill should be punished. See it so often, it infuriates me, not because I want the kill, but because they were already dead within 1 second and that damage would've been beneficial on a different boat. It's completely wasted on the boat that will die in 1 second.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  11. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

You Devs are the Best always :3

12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Event timing last week was spot on.

Not a fan of the model chosen this week — This game needs less must grind periode, not more & to this degree. Crazy people!

Ash KOT likes this.
  13. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

They are still in "test mode" trying different strategies to see what works best.
    With no ticket limitation, this one could be the biggest grind yet I agree.

14. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

I like it much better this way. Play when and as much as you want. Grind if you want, save coins for next event if you want. Play as much or as little as you desire. So spend coins/ save coins works for all. Fast grinders or slo pokies that just play a few games here and there. Nice job devs!!!!

Turkett

ShipCrusherCz likes this.