1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Ticket timer balancing Q&A

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 8 Jun 2018.

1. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Obviously last hit is important. Even a 1 hp ship can effectively kill 2 3 player if not finished in time and kills should only be priority in TDM as first 10 kills wins not who did most damage.

2. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    ur lucky. my homework takes me 3-4 hours every day and my journey to school takes 1.5 hours and 1.5 hours when coming back. lol but i will still get the epic perk.
    The trick is getting 6-7 hours of sleep:Dand playing when you get home while also finding time at other times of the day. Plus its the weekend. Surely you can play more than once so you get the rare perk. I get 10 stars every 5 battles.

Sachin Shekhar and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

today I had tournament, went to restaurant with family for lunch and then fall asleep when I returned home so I have played only 6 battles today
    majority of the one hour for lunch and going to/back from school is lunch because I see the school from window of my room:p so I need only 5 minutes to get to school
    I can only play when at home because my mobile isn't capable of running any game (have 6 years old samsung, lol, gonna buy new one) so I can play only on my tablet
    my homework is usualy long but I am capable of doing majority of it in school so I don't need to do it at home and I don't usualy learn but still have eleven 1 and only four 2 (marks are 1-5, one is best)
    my mom is seriously ill :( so we must do all the cooking, cleaning etc. so I don't have that much time to play, I also want to spend some time with my friends and that decreases the time for playing even further

Da Carronade King likes this.
  4. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

You forgot the logic that each ticket now equals to 2 tickets before therefore you lose less tickets overall. Every time you play 5 full tickets, those are 10 tickets before. The time you're playing, you are actually playing the same value of tickets, just less number.

Now @Zeus said that they scale the star requirement down to compensate for the doubling of the ticket wait time is baloney. 125 is about 73% of 175 at twice the waiting time. Since it's only a 3 days event, you only gain on the 2 days that you woke up after sleep. Your first batch of the day worth twice as it was with it's only 15 minutes wait time. That's it. So you gain only 2 and 1/2 hours of tickets compare to old ticket refresh system but still doing 73% of the work. It's still a long shot for most adults to complete this event. Not very hard for the ones with plenty of time and manipulating the GS system.

5. ShipCrusherCz

manipulating GS is another issue, people with legendarys or t3 (lvl 30) epics or t4 and t5 rares should not be matched with normal mk3s, if they want to use lower mk ships, it's ok but with appropriate levels of items
    those who use op items are making the event even harder because they usualy do more damage than anyone else (that's the reason why most of them do this) so they recieve more stars=less damage for others so less stars and more battles required per perk

Last edited: 9 Jun 2018
    *JAWS* likes this.
  6. Darth Reaper

Darth Reaper Active Member

It MUCH better using stars instead wins because last week wins really burn me out and very frustrated keep losing very frequently, but this time stars is way better even my team lose sometime I get 1 stars and I accept it but sometime I had high damge more than 20K 1 or 2 kills and lost I get no star other guy had 15K to 20K with 1 to 2 kills they get 1 star. It just puzzled me why like that??

See the picture I got 20K no star guy got 19K 1 star same 1 kill

Attached Files:

Last edited: 10 Jun 2018
  7. Will-o-the-Wisp

Will-o-the-Wisp Member

Just battled through the ladder to the legendary perk. Really like the 30 minute wait and the star based rewards. On the other hand it’s really frustrating / deflating / discouraging to not see a single one of the two perks I was interested in.

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I knew even before I looked that he would be spamming fire.

Players get more contribution for using burn weapons, because it assists team damage. That’s why he got more stars than you.

9. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

Majorly, I play speed who can easily last hit with two nitros and 1 OB. I gain benefit a lot if we value the last kill over the major contribution. However, I do not agree with putting more weight to the last kill than the major contribution. Of course finishing 1HP is important, but this can be done relatively easy with the respawn period, right? I do not believe a 1 hp ship can effectively kill 2-3 players (at least this does not happen in my universe)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

Are you suggesting the longer refill duration? 6 hours? 12 hours? 24 hours? With this way, you will not lost a lot of ticket.

11. Nooobser

Nooobser Member

Nothing.
    In this case, you are not the only one. I got struggled a lot over these tricky punks. They are players who are like level 40+,they equip a mk3 - mk2 or even mk1 ship which wasn't upgraded at all/since a while, with legendary tier II weapons, epic tier V weapons or rare tier V weapons, then they crush their opponents within a few shots. This game is seriously unbalanced,both events and classic battles.
    Also,I wonder why you still didn't get your summer break, because I did.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  12. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

It's by design, it's a pearl grab.

TVNPryde likes this.
  13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Would you like to see me killing 3 people with 1 hp? Sitting back and sniping.

TheAntiSnipe and ViscountSniffit like this.
  14. ShipCrusherCz

I am suggesting lower cooldown and maximal legendary perk ammount, this would make it easier for people like me who don't have time to play everyday few hours and to prevent heavy grinders from getting too many legendary perks

15. ShipCrusherCz

where do you live? I live in Central Europe and in my country, summer break starts at the end of June and ends at the start of September

What's Up Player likes this.
  16. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Yeah, even you are lucky. In England summer break starts at the end of July and ends at the start of September.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  17. TVNPryde

You are only suggesting what benefit you, not the whole community. You want quicker ticket reload time but you can't play that much. Yet you don't want others to have many legendary perks either. Can you come up with how the devs can do that?

Spinners71 likes this.
  18. ShipCrusherCz

it wont' benefit only me but everyone as it would allow people to either play more or do the heavy grinding and as was mentioned before, some people got 5 legendary perks from the first event, do you think that it's right to call them legendary and make them so special by allowing only one of the type to be attached but still make it possible to get that many perks?
    is it fair to have two nightmare and one ace 1 players in mk3 boats (in battle of only mk3 boats) in enemy team who completely wreck your team leaving you no chance to get even one star forcing you to wait another 30 minutes for ticket?
    devs should either restrict item levels for lower levels of ships or decrease the cooldown to give the weaker players chance to get good perks

Last edited: 10 Jun 2018
  19. TVNPryde

So you complained about not being able to get legendary perk when you don’t play that much? Reducing the timer for tickets also increasing the star requirement will not make any difference to you. However, everyone else have to grind more to get the legendary perk that you won’t get anyway. You are looking at this one dimensionally.

20. Where R U Now ?

Where R U Now ? New Member

Them boys with t4 epics are destroying us cmon rovio improve the fcking matchmaking.:(:(

Sidd gamer and ShipCrusherCz like this.