1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

So... Guild rivalries and the match making... Broken?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by scurb, 8 Jun 2018.

?

This is fair right?

1. Yes.

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Yes.

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Sure

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. (sarcasm?) Yes...

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scurb

scurb New Member

• Screenshot_20180608-135013.png
    • Screenshot_20180608-123539.png
    • Screenshot_20180608-123558.png
    • Screenshot_20180608-123531.png
    • Screenshot_20180608-123552.png
    • Screenshot_20180608-123546.png
    • Order is likely all wrong so don't bite my head off...
    • Look at the number of completed quests..
    • Why And how are we being matched..
    • This is Bs if I've ever seen it..
    • Facing "the dream team" and this would be a surprise.
    • Facing them a second time. Is an utter and absolute disappointment.. why can't we face off against other guilds that completed the same amount of quests as us?
    • Not like this is going to solve anything... More or less just venting and showing off my crap infamy.. judge not lest ye be judged guys and gals..

2. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

Not sure if I know your question.

Are you asking in Guild rivalry is broken....YES!!!

But you also have question mark behind This is fair. Well it is when you consider infamy.

All teams have 4K members which would mean they have spent money or considerable time getting their weapons to the point when they can inflict considerable damage and there for the teams should be competitive. So therefore also yes.

Many times in my case however ; my team of 2k players are competing with 4K players because we have typically reached board 5. As I said before the 4k players with time or money invested do more damage than 2k players because the don't have the aresonal to inflict equal damage. 4 k players finish damage quests faster simply because their weapons do much more damage.

NeptuneGaming, Reorge and scurb like this.
  3. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Guild rivalry should be based on captain levels and total guild gearscore. Guild activity is not at all accurate or fair. I have been facing 2, 6 etc ranked guilds in rivalry as a 150+ ranked guild, not only that I've been facing guilds that previously completed like 6-12 more quests than we ever did. Complete nonsense. You won't get any support here but some battle bay police lmao

scurb likes this.
  4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

@scurb How many quests did you complete two weeks ago? My guess would be around 64 :)

It looks at last two weeks and picks the highest one. The 70+ guild is there because the amount of guilds with 60+ are too so low, has to end up somewhere.

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

If I had 1 roll at the raffle Board everytime this nonsense was posted then Id be Bb rich by now :)

Clearly captain level is a much better measurement of questing ability, than questing ability. Logic that is!

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Good point. He also mentioned that we faced probably the hardest guild in the game 2 times in a row which is pretty messed up. In my opinion we shouldn't be able to match the same guild 2 times in a row @Miika @Zeus @The Grim Repair

Rainbow Warrior and scurb like this.
  7. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

62 and 51 the last 2 weeks due to the TDM. According to your logic, we shouldn't be anywhere with these guilds. There are a lot of top 50 guild that are doing close to 72 or around there.

One more thing, shifting guild is punishable according to the devs. The Dream Team seemed to be doing just that.

scurb and Reorge like this.
  8. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

Nothing seems to be broken as the highest amount of completed quests will be kept for 2 seasons. :)

The only thing that is broken is some players having Tier 4 Legendary items are too afraid to get to higher leauge for questing purpose. They like to bully weaker ships from lower leauge :rolleyes:

9. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

hold up why is leaving a guild and joining another one punishable??

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  10. TVNPryde

That's is what the devs said. If you shift your whole guild to a new guild to get more favorable rivalry match up, that's manipulating the system.

11. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

coz the quests done stat resets coz its a new guild?

Rainbow Warrior and scurb like this.
  12. TVNPryde

Yes. You stay in a new guild for few rivalries then back to your old guild. By that time, the old guild will also reset because no one has been doing quest for that guild.

Rainbow Warrior, scurb and R4Z0R like this.
  13. scurb

scurb New Member

K. Jw who asked you to speak about what you think of me? Take that ish and keep it to yourself. K thx

Last edited: 10 Jun 2018
    NeptuneGaming and Reorge like this.
  14. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Like the poll responses lol

scurb and R4Z0R like this.
  15. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

I'm mk5 at 2k8 infamy and the game keep gave me unfriends have total MK more than 1 or 2. Rarely total MK of 2 team are equal. And season league is full of Mk6, how can I win this?

scurb likes this.
  16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Wait, what? I don't see any namecalling. And hang on. Something isn't right here...:rolleyes:
    I don't have to say anything about your comment except that there IS something called shooting oneself in the foot...

17. scurb

scurb New Member

Easily my amigo with The best wepon in the game... " TEAM WORK"

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  18. scurb

scurb New Member

I put myself down 100x worse than anyone ever will.. your vague comment.. I'm sure was directed at me. Is cute. And who needs feet? Hover round nibba

19. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

I'm saying it's not fair. 1 MK is huge con, even how hard ur teamwork play, remember unfriends know teamwork as well.

20. brainDANdy

brainDANdy New Member

Neuropsychologist / Pharmaceutical Marketing
    I have to chime in on this thread because the rivalry matching is completely absurd. And demoralizing to boot. I am the captain of a guild that takes a mix of seasoned and newer players, we coach a lot, and divide up quests so those with captain level 28 or higher work on the damage quests and those with lower captain levels work on the non-damage quests since their weapons are weaker. We do pretty well with this strategy but with the newer members having lower infamy, we are ranked +-3500 globally. That being said, every week, and I mean EVERY WEEK, we are the lowest rank guild in the rivalry BY FAR. All other guilds we are against are under 1000 in ranking. It would be OK if this happened half the time, but I am talking every week. It is totally demoralizing for the team, as soon as we make any headway, the other guilds take minutes to overcome quests that took us days to get done. When looking at our matches, the lowest infamy in them is usually around 2000. Our highest infamy player is only 1800, and our guild infamy is 12000, about half of the next lowest ranked guild in the rivalry. It's a mess, and really frustrating because we all work so hard to get these quests done, contribute boosts that players spend money on, fleet as often as possible, and yet, the next week, its the same setup for failure. This is not a fair matching process whatever it is. It's so demoralizing for a group that works so well together yet consistently runs into this problem with the rivalry matching... I gave up on rovio ever listening to customer feedback, I've learned that long ago. Any other suggestions?

Here is the full rivalry, our guild, and then followed by our rivals:
    35757D2C-E184-49C6-930E-0B79706D5B89.png 6BEC4218-57B9-480D-91B5-D0B0C0D3A6C8.png ADB72D0F-9DF3-4E20-8A34-9C60362576A4.png 23A7F1AC-40C1-4FC3-A30D-64619D5FDF16.png 6E17A20A-EB3B-49B8-BE4F-A46D04BFF105.png D4A77319-0050-4BA2-AA86-8236B9200702.png AF4182AA-2A6C-47BF-BE03-327FC098C0E1.png 7EEFBF9A-F09B-4AB3-9CF6-F76491DF9172.png

Last edited: 24 Jun 2018
    scurb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.