1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v.3.0 - “Eventful times”

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 23 May 2018.

1. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Infamy does play a role in the match making for events - we are still tweaking as we go - so the feedback everyone gives is valuable for us. Also understanding player behavior and how we can discourage certain "unfair fits". The reason we are not telling exactly how the MMR is made for events is because we are also experimenting. :)

2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

You saying it changed between yesterday and today, or are we supposed to interpret this as "while infamy does not play a role to pick the players in the battle, it is still used to balance the 2 teams against each other" ?

I'm not sure you can answer this, just wanted to clarify whether these 2 posts are contradictory or not

Weeze and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  3. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Keep it how it is pls, it's great, all of my ships feel viable, even my mk4 defender.

4. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Infamy is not used to pick the players entering the battle but it is part of the equation in balancing teams.
    Also, the matchmaking was changed twice already today alone, so details keep on changing which is why we don't really want to go into specific too much with event MM.

5. Méndigo

Méndigo Member

I want to suggest that battle-to-death events take place between the days of the week and not the weekend.
    I mean the team death match event

6. Mark859

Mark859 New Member

When you will add new weapons?If you add new weapons then you make the chanches getting a new weapons and weapons that you have already higher.And please only the developers to respond

7. Tiltalot

Tiltalot New Member

To my knowledge, the esport invitational was recorded in (or about) November (can’t recall) when all the YouTubers were in Europe.

*JAWS* likes this.
  8. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

When will the next event start? It is Wednesday already and the Event Mode has been removed. Is it over? :(

ErnestEgret likes this.
  9. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Still no scrap refund, worst game ever

10. HappyUnicorn456

HappyUnicorn456 New Member

What is the purpose of the capture circle? The first event didn't have it and neither did the second.

11. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I think this should be ended (somehow, lol), I have nothing against experimenting with weaker ships/setups but putting that equipment on only mk3 is something that should not happen, is it really fair to match ace I player who plays 3 MKs under his normal ship with people who normaly have that MK or are one MK higher in one battle? he rekt us all with his critical hits and that's the reason why he did 16k damage nad this brings me to one older theme, isn't sniper a little bit op? in majority of games which are somehow similar are the damage levels like this: sniper weapons-longest range, lowest damage per shot/big damage per shot but really long cooldown (something like railgun in BB), medium range weapons-medium range and damage per shot, they are balanced in all terms and they don't excel in any parameter, short range weapons-they have the highest damage but it's compensated by shortest range so they are hard to use; and sniper: has long range, awesome bullet speed so it's easy to aim even with average or under-average skill and have (maximal) 45% (if I remember correctly) to deal higher damage then short range weapons (blast, carronade, ex cannon etc., when not considering things like combos)
    Screenshot_20180608-230718.png Screenshot_20180608-230733.png Screenshot_20180608-235940.png

12. Sidd gamer

Sidd gamer Active Member

yeah i was wondering too. i think it's a mistake from devs?

HappyUnicorn456 likes this.
  13. ShipCrusherCz

maybe it's way how to force people to not camp is spawn?

What's Up Player likes this.
  14. MaXit00

MaXit00 New Member

FIX YOUR GAME! My game crashes every single team deathmatch I play which leads to so many loses! :mad:

15. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

The ticket time increase is making me wanna quit! I enjoy playing the event modes as much as possible in the short time they are available. But now i spend most of the event waiting on tickets. The goal of BB is to have a fun game and play as much as possible. Some want to work at playing less then fine but don't punish us that enjoy playing the modes as much as we can. The. Amount needed for perks balances the same with less stars but less opportunity to play!! I wanna play not sit all day waiting on tickets!!!!!

Turkett

16. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Works just fine for me. Maybe your end is fhe issue

17. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

I have 2389 infamy and here my teammate have 4352 infamy. He probably is inside the top 150 in the world and he constantly stole my kills, so please fix it lol.But my opponent highest was only around 2900. This is the biggest infamy gap I have ever encountered in 5 v 5 team death match event.

Attached Files:

18. ShipCrusherCz

is really decreasing ticket recharge rate so good for community? saying that people felt bad because they 'wasted' the tickets when sleeping may be true but now should be even worse because you have lower total ammount of tickets so in reality you are missing more now

19. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

There is no logic by which you lose more now, thats nonsense plain and simple.

In actual numbers you lose less, in relative numbers you lose less.

The 1 thing you can argue is whether amount of stars required to progress was rebalanced appropriately. We initial impression is yes. It was fairly easy to f2p farm 1 leggy perk first time with stars & its fairly easy this time.

20. No Time 2 Battle

No Time 2 Battle Active Member

Frustrated Fixer in TDM. Until the events started, I was a 99% of the time fixer player. But with the events, I have been successful at running my lower level Enforcer. In my Enforcer I often get 1 star for a loss and often play well enough to get 2 stars with a win. In my fixer, I usually get 1 star for a win and 0 stars for a loss. And to be honest, that can be fair some of the time. We all play crappy at some point or make poor choices. I'm not saying that I expect 2 stars for every battle just because I'm a fixer. But the battle below really did upset me for it's one star. Can something be done to even out what fixers do to win a match versus total damage by others? View attachment 16758

Attached Files:

Last edited: 10 Jun 2018
    ShipCrusherCz likes this.