1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to kill a Speeder

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Sachin Shekhar, 6 Jun 2018.

1. Sachin Shekhar

Sachin Shekhar Active Member

Haha.. True!

Ackoroth and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Really good speeders excel at "The Lure". This is when a Speeder draws off an unfriend away from the fight. If a Speeder can remove a 5-weapon shooter from the main battle and tie them up, your team has a great chance to win. The obvious counter is not to be lured by this siren. While it sounds easy to take them out in a few shots, don't be fooled! Ignore it, stay in the main battle.

Speeders will try to take out your Fixer. Pay Attention to this and protect your Fixer. A BC/EX to the face usually gets them running away. For good measure you can throw a fast Canon their way as they run (Standard/Sniper), or fast area weapon like LRM/Missile. Once they know your Fixer has a bodyguard they will change strategies. The Speeder can counter this with a Stun though...

Yesterday I encountered a Stun/Frost/Big Torp Speeder and was destroyed in 3 shots... my Shooter is 7600 HP. I was protecting my Fixer and saw the Speeder sneaking around the back so I tried to intercept. The Speeder casually Stunned me so I couldn't get a shot off, then Frosted me in place (they stack) then circled me faster than my turrent can turn, sat at just the right distance to send out a big torp that I couldn't avoid... 3300 damage! I got one shot off after that hit, and the Speeder returned a close-range Epic Sniper hit which just happened to Crit. So I tried to re-focus... I just needed 2 shots, but then it was like Groundhog Day... I was Frosted, then Stunned, then Torp'd again for a swift death. It was the most helpless I've ever felt in a match.

The key here is exactly what ViscountSniffit mentioned... normally when I'm in the mix Stun isn't a huge deal because an enemy will break it and allow me to attack the Speeder which normally results in either a quick death or a very heavily damaged Speeder. However the Speeder had me all alone... that is what Speeders live for, and why they thrive in a 1v1... don't let them!

Last edited: 8 Jun 2018
  3. Sachin Shekhar

Loved reading this.. :)

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Fml right now

5. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

This. I could NEVER win a 1v1 against a speeder until Gear Lube. Now I go look for the scout at game start just to blast him to oblivion.

I can almost see the surprised look of fear on their face as they try to circle me, only to have my turret trace them perfectly. Sianora speeder!

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

RNGeezus keeps giving me lube... no small shields, no bandages, just lube and rudders. Maybe I should take that as a hint.

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It's sayonara lol sorry for grammar

Anyway, speeders have a way around that too. We just get ourselves a rudder

Woosh

8. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

All hail the grammar n@zi!!!

If the possibility of me running Gear Lube makes a speeder give up a shield or bandage to run Rudder, then I already won. LMAO!

9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I used to be able to circle people in my mk4, but after mk5, Speeders take an agility hit, and most Shooters and Defenders seem to have trained their turret speed higher, so it’s not really possible anymore, unless you’re running double Nitro, or Rudder.

I know some Torp users like it, but I doubt it’s worth running Gearlube just for the occasional duel with Speeders. Easier to just stick with your teammates and cover each other.

10. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    Happens to me too. Luckily :( Rovno gave me the chance to buy a shield to level up for 50 bucks. Gave me this chance several times, and figuring they’d never let me earn one, I broke down and bought the thing.

Sachin Shekhar likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

@Sachin Shekhar watch this one:

The very first battle, check that out. You sometimes don't need to take the speeder out, however you can damage him enough to make him hobble back to his fixer, then cut down both in one fell blow

12. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Bro shooter and speeder 1 vs 1 will always go to speeder if the speeder is talented. But there may be chances of a shooter some times but very rare of whatever loadout you use. So whenever in battle first try to kill yellow boats with your teammates. It's the best solution iv'e got till now.:);).

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

U should try 1 Vs 1 with wannabe speeder (fixer with duct tapes)

Hahaha

Nikkie!, Nam_Nam, Hazimi and 2 others like this.
  14. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Even I don't like shooter at first. I used to be an enforcer. But after getting a good gear suitable for shooter I became a fan of shooter. So once try that with some of your best items. You may like it;)

Rainbow Warrior and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

I play a sniper shooter on events, it's awesome at range, a real "glass cannon" class to play.

16. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    You shall bow down to us! This thread is Speeder cruelty!

Sachin Shekhar likes this.
  17. Sachin Shekhar

Really? When we blow your ass off, your burning remains skid on the water for a while. I love the physics engine of Battle Bay.

18. Ackoroth

Ackoroth Active Member

Attack Helicopter
    You don’t kill us.

19. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    how to kill a speeder :

1. use mines , place it at good place , quite hiding between grass , every maps have this .

2. predict their movement , and adjust it every time ,

3. don't focus only at speeder , but keep watch on their position , 1 - 2 shoot often scare them off , so they took a circle around

4. try to block speeder movement , when their only option to backward or turn around , that's the best time to hit a speeder , 100% hit

4.keep practicing your lead shoot , i'm shooter player , and couple time I sunk speeder boat with my railgun from far away , even when they on the move , not standing still

20. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Yes, our weapons does kill you. ;)(just kidding)

Ackoroth and TheAntiSnipe like this.