1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How does the infamy system work?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by NuclearLlama72, 6 Jun 2018.

Tags:
  1. NuclearLlama72

NuclearLlama72 New Member

I am really confused as to how the infamy system works, I'm level 26 in 1306 infamy and I'm coming up against level 40 players with mk6 boats and legendary items and I just can't compete, I started playing again after about a year and a bit and now I have a really big problem

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Those dudes are either tankers or whales. What youre experiencing really shouldnt happen at the infamy are at, really. But it does. I wish you luck xD

3. ErnestEgret

ErnestEgret Active Member

See now, that's not entirely true. A lot of them are, but so many of them ARE NOT. My wife and I are at ~1500 infamy. Both of us have just reached level 40, but both use mk5 boats and don't plan on upgrading yet... But we are stuck. We battle our hearts out and do our best every match, and our highest infamy was 1800 before plummeting back to 1500... We just get overpowered by people with t5 epic items and T2 legendary items... As well as MK 6 and 7 boats... My main account hovers just below nightmare, so it's not playing like a noob, it just seems impossible to climb... It's become a huge issue, and nothing seems to be being done about it. It is costing the game massive numbers of new and fresh players as well as a number of experienced players, which then makes the problem worde because it is shrinking the player pool.... Just wish the Devs would do something about it :( I would much rather this fixed than new content

4. ErnestEgret

ErnestEgret Active Member

Tanking has become the excuse for why people are struggling to climb imfamy, and yes, it's a massive and serious problem that needs to be addressed just as much... But it's not necessarily true in all the cases

5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

There has been a certain amount of power creep over the past year. If you haven’t played since then, then you’re going to be outclassed.

The good news is, there will be an event this week (hopefully), where everyone is matched against people with similar gear (sort of). So you might enjoy that a bit more.

6. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

It is possible to climb, I just rose 700 infamy in a week, as you upgrade items and gain skill, it will eventually translate to infamy, if people have much higher leveled items then you at you infamy, just play more conservatively as the people with high gear are a bit more careless