1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm so serious, new event's matchmaking is so stupid

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DerrickRose, 2 Jun 2018.

1. Fin-

Fin- Active Member

You don't know yet. Tdm MM including infamy for sure. Only noobs don't know that.

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Nope. Powerlevel, not infamy, is used.

Fluid Bait likes this.
  3. Fin-

Fin- Active Member

You don't know yet. Tdm MM including infamy for sure. Only noobs don't know that.

4. TheAntiSnipe

I should know, dude. I've asked the devs personally. If they say it's not infamy based, you're wrong there;)

Stop calling people noobs tho, bad practice.

Fluid Bait likes this.
  5. Fin-

Fin- Active Member

Lol yeah not only infamy based but tdm mm including infamy.
    Look at your battle log. I'm droped 1000 infamy, and won 9 games in a row. Now almost 80% win rate. Lol
    @Any devs comment?

6. TheAntiSnipe

I'll comment.

The tinfoil hat you're wearing seriously hinders your ability for critical thought. Possible cures might include taking it off while playing the game or socializing:p

P.S. I'm sorry but you had it coming. Btw this is me as a member talking, not me as an MVP.

Look, what happens is, you sometimes get bad teammates, and your luck changes suddenly. Completely random.

Matchmaking is not related to infamy in TDM, or we wouldn't see matches where one team has an NML player and the other doesn't.

7. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Infamy is not used at all to pick the players in the battle. I.e. 0 infamy and 6000 infamy takes you to exactly the same battles.

8. Fin-

Fin- Active Member

There is a serious gap between the two teams gear score. How could that be?

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  9. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Its solely based on gearscore bro. Just look at the gearscore urs and theirs. If u have 9k gs then opponent will also be 9k too. And yes there are people at 2k infamy with 9k gs. U might have been placed with them i guess.. I always get that. MM is fine is tdm. Only some people are stupid. Dying intentionally.

10. Cloudflare

Cloudflare New Member

I have developed Big Torpedo and Mine and 3vs3 is making me lose every time.

11. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    That worries me. If a 6000 inafmy person decided to lower their gear score dramatically. It would be overkill.

Darth Reaper likes this.
  12. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

That's exactly the problem many cried about. They should not be in the same battle. There should just be at max a 2000 infamy gap and a floor for NM players. If they can't find opponents because they manipulating the system, then throw them into the group with higher gear scores base on the floor of infamy people they can meet. I would love to hear what they're crying about.

13. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I could post the battle log from my last 40 TDM battles this weekend, but it is a waste of time, they all prove the same thing.
    Infamy TOTALLY is a factor in balancing the 2 teams out.
    GEAR score is used to pick the 6 players, no doubt about that. But the teams of 3 are balanced based on infamy.
    If i were to drop 1000 infamy intentionally it would definitely improve the two people that were put on my team. It wouldn't change the 5 other players in my battle. It would just change who is on my team.

14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That is possible. It is also not a pure gear score matchup... for example if your ship/item balance is too far off (like Legendaries on an MK1) it will bump up your opponents a class or so, even if your gear score is the same without those legendary items.