1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why am I dropping?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Aquaholic, 31 May 2018.

1. Aquaholic

Aquaholic Active Member

Captain
    Screenshot_2018-05-31-18-12-09.png
    So this is me, I am a double carronade player and have been so for a rather long time now. Recently I have been dropping uncontrollably and I can't seem to find an explanation for it. Now it's normal for me to fluctuate between 1900-2600, and if it's any less I usually recover quickly, in a day or so. Though recently I've been dropping.... a lot... and I seem unable to get back up.
    Screenshot_2018-05-31-18-08-49.png Screenshot_2018-05-31-18-09-04.png
    https://replay.battlebay.net/CTWNZJTS#VQMBNKLQ - Enfo
    https://replay.battlebay.net/SWDGDLMY#VQMBNKLQ - Enfo
    https://replay.battlebay.net/XHCZZFMJ#VQMBNKLQ - Fixer
    (Random selections, dunno if they're good or bad)
    Notes:
    • I.Don't.Like.Speeder. I just can't play speeder; don't ask me to.
    • I've tried Flare,BC,Carro. It doesn't work for me.
    • Not in the penalty zone (yet)
    Basically what I'm asking for is some advice on how I can improve my setup and/or my gameplay. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Last edited: 31 May 2018
    The Otherguy and wreck your day like this.
  2. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Lol the tags :p

Same thing happened to me; highest I ever got was to Ace II (around 2600 infamy), but I tumbled down to 1800-2000 a few weeks ago for no reason whatsoever. I've slowly gained a bit of infamy since then to the border of Ace III (2200-2300 infamy) but I'm not going much higher than that. On my way to becoming a too-high-gearscore-for-that-level pleb now... :(

Aquaholic likes this.
  3. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Have you tried those snipers in your inventory? Also, what fixer gear do you have? Try out the small shield in place of the bandage, see if that works too.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Aquaholic

Aquaholic Active Member

Captain
    Used to use double sniper, boring AF just pinging away from a distance. Did just as much damage as my current setup does. I am thinking of returning to that, however, after building up another t4 rare, to finish off the achievement and it may just get me back up since it's a very reliable setup (How can you not miss with two snipers? :D)

My fixer gear is kinda low leveled. It consists of:
    • T3 rare bolt
    • T3 rare pulse
    • T3 rare duct tape
    • T2 epic bolt
    + I only have Felix trained to T3 Just

About STD shield, yes I've tried, the health it gives isn't much (700?) so my bandage seems to work better. I've also tried out big shield, which gives about 1000 health but it turns my ship into a snail.

5. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Big shield isn't worth it. Standard shield is better than bandage, but yours isn't high enough level to be worth it.
    If you try fixer, I wouldn't suggest using duct tape. Don't worry too much about the underleveled gear, just try to max it out if you end up liking fixer. I myself still use a t3 epic bolt at 3k infamy. Good luck getting infamy back up :) Also, sniper is pretty good on fixer because you can do damage from the back of your team while healing (I don't have one though)

Aquaholic likes this.
  6. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Ok - I don’t play enfo, but I’ve watched plenty of excellent enfo play (check YT for RNG Akagi, Silvr, @YSL, Genki Gamer....just to name a few)
    So I saw your first battle, and imho....you left the whole team for a 1v1 and by the time you’d killed the shooter, they were all but dead. This is ok, if you can assassinate quickly and move on, but you left the rest vulnerable....
    Also.....carro is a knife fighting weapon, close up. Why not try sniper, bc and grenade? Good luck =)

The Otherguy and Aquaholic like this.
  7. Aquaholic

Aquaholic Active Member

Captain
    Hmmm... Yeah, just rewatched it, a very silly decision on my part. Gotta remember not to get too absorbed in those 1v1s.

The Otherguy and craz¥burd like this.
  8. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I'd recommend swapping blast for sniper. But thats just my opinion.

HumpD 414 and Aquaholic like this.
  9. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

I reccomend to change 1 of your carronade to medium-long range weapon. I also use enfo and mainly use triple BC or double BC with carronade depending on how i want to approach the game.

I use triple BC when i want to play by maintaining some distance to unfriend. When i use carronade, i will try to find an opening for 1 on 1 if possible.

When you use carronade, you will probably will also receive damage from unfriend.

10. Aquaholic

Aquaholic Active Member

Captain
    Decided to load a sniper onto my setup and spent 500 pearls on retraining.
    https://replay.battlebay.net/PGWKVXRR#VQMBNKLQ
    Looking good so far! (Though I've hit the penalty zone :()

Also took @craz¥burd 's amd @Hazimi's advice and started only engaging in duels when it's a likely win.

Thanks for all the advice peeps! It's much appreciated ;)

11. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Nice battle! Those crits :p:D and following that shooter with the carro, so funny to watch! :D

Aquaholic likes this.