1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v.3.0 - “Eventful times”

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 23 May 2018.

1. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

What I can share already with events in game with you all:

We have a lot more events in store for you to keep things fresh and different. :)
    The next event will be announced soon (like really soon ;) ) - so stay tuned.
    A rough frequency is between a few days and max one week of break.

We will continue to find what things are working well and what needs improved so your feedback is really valuable and keep in mind - things aren’t perfect right away ;)

2. TRFrostSaker

TRFrostSaker Member

Programmer
    Is there another chance of getting the same perks? I really need some but I had a ton of work during this week-end and I only got 1 epic. Are we gonna be able to get the perks again or by other mean? (yeah paying money)

3. Stig

Stig Member

I'm a shooter guy but I ran my defender in the deathmatch event and was very frustrated. There are the reasons above but also the yellow boat problem. I hate that stupid stun in either boat and still think work is needed to keep the frustration down.

But with defender, Tesla shield was a much bigger problem. With shooter, I have so many weapons options to counter tesla shields. I can run mortars, firebombs, torpedoes, and still pack my big cannons for other boats. My latest combo with shooter is firebomb, normal cannon, blast cannon, and two rail guns to break shields. With defender, 3 weapons means I had to sacrifice a lot of firepower to try and counter those Tesla shields. This meant terrible performance in the deathmatches and I switched back to shooter.

I don't know what do about it, just pointing out what made me stop using defender in the event. On the other hand, I hate the overpowering fg and ec combo defenders use but now everyone is using it. If that nuisance combo isn't nerfed, maybe make it a defender only combo lol.

Just taking a wild and uneducated guess ar what future events may involve, maybe some will be an even bigger problem for defender. Maybe the bigger issue is the Tesla stuff. Devs, is it possible to alter item effectiveness for an event. Like for example, cutting tesla item effective time in half? Just an example. It could apply to anything.

Stig

PepeButtCrack and *JAWS* like this.
  4. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

If you haven't noticed, Tesla Bolt is about as screwed up as the defender. Sure you can't use items anything while you're stunned, but you do realize that any weapon(except Napalm I think) breaks the stun. It also has a base cooldown of 20s, which is pretty damn long. And to add on to that, there is Tesla resistance(cuts any following stun in half) which can also stack(14s stun -> 7s stun ->3.5s stun).
    Tesla Shield might need a nerf(I'm in Ace III, so I don't know anything about double bubbles), like a longer stun after break, so it doesn't get killed, like frost did.
    And the funny thing to is that us yellow boats have to adapt, because so far every yellow item was nerfed except nitro, which is also why there was a huge incline of double bubble enfos after speeders got nerfed to far.

5. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Yes, it’s likely event rewards will offer those or similar perks again. We’ve not yet made any decisions to get them by other means but it’s possible.

6. Ashkenani

Ashkenani New Member

yay im ready to go just say when ! all weapons are hot and my ship is dancing :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. Stig

Stig Member

In the deathmatches, Tesla bolt was less of a nuisance because of the constant shooting. It's normal matches that are bad because if they're smart, and most are in legendary, they stun the shooter and then go after a fixer or someone else. Meanwhile shooter/defender is helpless to do anything. By the time the stun is over, it's almost ready to go again for the yellow boat or they might even have two bolts. Yeah there's resistance but not enough. Trust me, a pair of yellow boats can keep you stunned pretty much constantly.

Again though, deathmatch was different because of the insane amount of shooting. It was a format well suited for my shooter. I'm sure the upcoming events will favor other boats and I that sounds fine to me.

It just needs to start with boat balance in normal play first and at legendary, defender seems to be suffering. Defender isn't even my normal boat but in deathmatch is where I really noticed it.

The devs are constantly working on the balance and it's not easy because whenever they make a change, it will make some people Happy but some people will be furious. I think the others and I were just pointing out some things we noticed. We should really point out what league we're talking about. I did deathmatches with my lower level account and it was totally different as far as which boats had which issues.

*JAWS* likes this.
  8. Viacheslav

Viacheslav New Member

on the map-_T5M1 the game just hung. does not help rebooting anything either !!!!! At whom such was?

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

*One dance intensifies*

Ashkenani likes this.
  10. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

My tesla bolt is just fine ;)

11. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

Use flarefun, it disable the tesla shield , then fire another weapon, thats all...

12. Remy

Remy New Member

Would it be possible to have an answer on the problem of freeze telephone when certain players open battle bay or it twists you fingers?! There is a big person "I have it nothing has to do" on behalf of the developer

PepeButtCrack likes this.
  13. WHYKEYSAY

WHYKEYSAY New Member

I really like the new event, but it can make people full concentrate on it and work on it every day. U guys said it will be matched with gears instead of infamy so that so many high infamy even level 50 players used their mk1 boat to lower their gears and matched with the newbies to get the 2-3 stars easily. Well, I can’t tell whether it is really fair for newbies who has no skills and leg or even epic setups to fight against or even win those high lvl but low gears players. But it certainly is UNFAIR for those who didn’t use lower gears trick players or those who have 5 full leveled up boats players like us. We have to fight and struggled to carry teammates every match and we know it is really hard. All wut we expect is to lose with 1 star and it is most of the time. While we see other players use lower gears can get 3 stars easily, that’s 2-3 time speed faster than us whereas we can only get the reward in 1-2 turns and they can get the rewards in 3-5 turn with NO SKILLS and NO HARDWORKING!!! That’s really frustrating and unfair. So I propose the match make should consider the highest gear in history no matter wut setup or boats players they use currently to avoid the high lvl players in low gears fight situation and give all players the really FAIR matches instead.

TRFrostSaker, *JAWS*, Dobson and 2 others like this.
  14. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I'm surprised majority of my matches in TDM were based of my gear score, but i still got matches with people with 11k + gear score.
    Interesting, yet very balanced.

Nikkie! likes this.
  15. #IHATEMYTEAM11

#IHATEMYTEAM11 New Member

yeah, the gear score system is good except when good players use mk1s and 2s to get easier opponents

PallabKumarS likes this.
  16. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

English Dude! :)

17. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Can we get a trade in? 3 leg perks for 1 random leg perk (Has to be one that has previously appeared), that way you have some chance to get a perk you’ve missed in past.

*JAWS* and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. Harsh Gupta Hulk

Harsh Gupta Hulk Active Member

@Zeus @Miika @The Grim Repair , I don't know whether it has been reported earlier or not but for last couple of days I am getting this bug/problem of screen going black after watching advertisement and then we have to restart the game again to get to the main screen/bay , which sometimes led to the bonus rewards being strap off. If possible kindly look into this bug/problem and solve it. I am Android system user.

Jamel H. likes this.
  19. Harsh Gupta Hulk

Harsh Gupta Hulk Active Member

So in the new event, how the half cool down works, I mean is it like instead of 6 secs it will be 3 secs or 12secs, any thoughts .Also 3 vs 3 is great it gives fair chance also to control the team.

20. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Well mine certainly isn’t.

I hit my highest infamy back in Feb, before the nerf. Since then I’ve upgraded a lot of my gear from t4 to t5 and upgraded my boat to mk6, but I still haven’t made it any higher.

The nerf was extreme. I lost a thousand infamy following it (got my rewards taken away). If you haven’t noticed any difference, then perhaps you just weren’t getting the most out of it in the first place.

*JAWS* likes this.