1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply New Game Mode Early Impression

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by FiiNami, 24 May 2018.

1. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Errrrr LOVE IT - what’s not to love - rewards contribution to weapon achievement guild trophies perks stars sugar gold and it doesn’t hurt your infamy! NICE!!!

SaltBae, Ultrah, TheAntiSnipe and 3 others like this.
  2. Shermanator

Shermanator Member

Where did you get the "The 15 minutes timer will be extended after the intro period" info from?

3. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

You really think that tickets come that easy? This is Rovio we’re talking about. With the prizes given, it’s not worth buying tickets if you can get one every 15 minutes.

4. Shermanator

Shermanator Member

You stated it like a fact while you are actually only speculating. Please don't spread false info.

5. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

Team Deathmatch is a good addition to the game and I really like it alot. But it just doesn't seem fair to the fixers. Just like the original matchmaking it is all based on how much damage you do. They don't even take into consideration how much healing a fixer does. Usually in normal matchmaking, I get 2 stars for healing and doing around 2k damage. But in team deathmatch, I only get one start for doing the same thing and sometimes better than normal matchmaking. I'm not trying to sound whining or anything, but if there is future events like these can the developers take into consideration that healing should also count for stars.

6. RNGesus

RNGesus New Member

I always thought healing was taken into account? Isn't the review at the end of the match ordered by most damage? I've definitely seen where I've healed 3k and done 2k dmg and been above someone who did 4.5k dmg

TonyStar123 likes this.
  7. TonyStar123

I wish it was taken into account. For example, I played a team deathmatch game. I did 35k healing but little to no damage. I got 1 star. Fair and Balanced. ;););)

8. RNGesus

RNGesus New Member

Yeah I just looked through the screenshots earlier in this thread... Rough..

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. TonyStar123

I agree, first there is no healing legendary perks and now there is a unfair advantage playing fixer in this gamemode. Do you developers have a bias on fixers or something? ;):p:eek:

wtfack likes this.
  10. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

I am hoping the next event has different perks. I play a fixer and don’t use cannons, mortars, torps or fire. So I also feel your pain.

11. TonyStar123

Was it me or did they just add gold to team deathmatch?

12. Shermanator

Shermanator Member

The gold was always rewarded but it just didn't show up in the screen before. Seems like the Devs have fixed it.

TheAntiSnipe and The Otherguy like this.
  13. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

Lol, I love fighting against a team of shooters and fixers(no yellow boats). Recently, the enemy fixer was carrying only a fire bomb, so just frost torp-ed him at least 6 times(and killed twice) throughout the whole game. The fixer is always vulnerable, because when someone dies, they separate from the team, and the fixer always has to be fixing because there is always damage being dealt by 5 unfriends.
    I actually did not expect this new game mode to be so fun. The perks should probably also sell for more, compared to the average normal perk of the same rarity.

14. TonyStar123

BUFF THE FIXERS!!!! THIS IS INJUSTICE!!!! (Btw us fixers just get bullied in team deathmatch unless we get a decent team that actually protects the fixer. :p:p:p

TheAntiSnipe and The Otherguy like this.
  15. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Its been interesting to see just how stupid most players are. Ill be nice and offer the easy way to win;
    - Stay together.
    - Stay near your own respawn zone.

Thats it. But my god people have issues.

16. TonyStar123

One problem, what if your team goes off in 4 different directions even though you spam together. :p:confused::p

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

That's rough on your team. You should contribute more!

Just kidding man, that sucks, hopefully fixers get rewards fixed.

Miathan and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

You are correct, strategy is different in the death match, and everyone will adapt. So far I've played 3-4 deathmatches and have won them all, each with *no* Fixer on my side, but every time with a Fixer on the opponent's side.

19. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

25 matchs and still didn't get the new map:(:mad:
    @Miika can you adjust the algorithm and make the new map apear more frequently than the other maps. Like what happened with Wayward Pains when it first came out.

20. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I tried playing like that, and this is what it got me...

B835590A-6D8C-4760-882A-86ADC1C56A8F.png
    1 measly star, despite taking down 5 of the kills.

Even worse:
    3CD16629-3A71-4035-9788-14C7F94F267A.png
    5 kills and zero stars! That’s just a waste of time and tickets.

That’s when I realised that you’re not really playing against the unfriends, you’re playing against your teammates. And the way to beat them is to be as wreckless and aggressive as possible, so that win/lose you don’t get stiffed on rewards at the end.

You win the game by scoring kills quickly. I’m great at doing exactly that, and should be rewarded for it. Yet the contribution system doesn’t even take that into account, and instead, awards all the stars to DPS pumping shooters, who just spam torps and mortars, barely even aiming.

That sucks. If they made contributions fair, it would be a good game, worth playing strategically to win. But with the way things are, it’s just a mindless damage fest to grind stars and guild quests. Being a “team player” is a mug’s game.

Last edited: 25 May 2018
    wtfack likes this.