1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply New Game Mode Early Impression

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by FiiNami, 24 May 2018.

1. Aethras

Aethras New Member

As a main fixer i am going to avoid this mode as much as i can. Imposible to farm stars even with 45k+ healing done

wtfack, Boeggla, TheAntiSnipe and 3 others like this.
  2. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Unless of course you are flagged by the system as a “tanker”, then you get nothing. Would have been great to have improvements to separating actual tankers from unlucky innocent players before putting in events that amount to kicking the player while they are down. Relative to what it took to make this update it can’t be that hard to code something to check if they have been a reasonable contributor to battles over the period of decline before punishing them over and over again can it? Not sure why this isn’t a higher priority for the dev team - it is a “feature” that actively pushes players away from the game - and I imagine will be worse now.

ErnestEgret likes this.
  3. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Have you actually seen anyone getting 0 stars from the event while winning or are you just theorizing potential issues?

4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

#fixerlife
    Doing 5000 damage is worth more than healing it back up, thats logic for you :)

Get on some tape and go yolo for better rewards! Its been like this for ages, so Id suggest using a weapon instead of the mortar. Doubt the algoritm is being changed anytime soon.

5. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

I would say this event is soo awesome! Being a defender i won 8/12 matches! and it's alot of fun! and i survived most of time getting killed once or 0 and in extreme rare case twice!
    Always wanted to see Defender on Nitro! lol Thanks @Miika
    But Deathmatch is getting laggy overtime

nosesabe likes this.
  6. Shermanator

Shermanator Member

[​IMG]

@Miika

7. super_sonic181

Damm! He did 16k dmg aswel as 4kill still Nothinh!

wreck your day and The Otherguy like this.
  8. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Yes - some examples. I try my best not to make a comment about something unless I have seen it to be true - I have more respect for you than that.

In addition to the one that Shermanator just posted, Miathan posted a similar screen shot earlier in this thread. Also, guildmate complained of same but she isn’t online to get you battle examples. I am barely above the no star line right now, but if I drop I will let you know.

9. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Thank you for reporting this! It was a bug and is being fixed as we speak. Infamy tanking penalties should not happen in events because events are not based on infamy.

10. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Thank you!

11. super_sonic181

To Those Who says Winning Against Fixer Team is Kind of Impossible!
    Screenshot_20180524-233311.png

12. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    Its fun...no need to worry about infamy and those fricking mk6......mostly mk4 against me...that's kinda nice..what I always wanted...but the sad thing is too many idiots...geez....

13. super_sonic181

Believe it or not i tried using my Mk4 ships twice just with a standard Cannon and Mine and i lost both battles! And intresting thing is i was the highest dmg dealer in both matches and rest of my team did 2k dmg!
    In DeathMatch

PallabKumarS likes this.
  14. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

So, I played 4 games with 1 fixer for a team and no fixer in other team. Here are the results.
    Screenshot_20180524-232532.jpg Screenshot_20180524-232553.jpg Screenshot_20180524-233445.jpg Screenshot_20180524-233619.jpg

What u can understand from these matches is that the winning percentage is still 50%. So, I don't feel a fixer in 1 team makes the team win always. U have to play smarter. ;)

15. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

The excitement for Death Match will wear off soon. The 15 minutes timer will be extended after the intro period so getting to that final box will be nearly impossible without pearls. Here are my thought on some of the comments above.

- Fixer team does have an advantage if play smartly. You can't exchange shots from the distance anymore in hope of knocking out the fixer. In normal mode, if you charge in to take out a fixer and do some more damage, it's a good sacrifice to make. Now if you do the same thing and succeed, than the fixer will respawn and fix whatever you cause. If you fail, you're getting closer to defeat.

- If you are farther to your respawn points than the other team respawn points, you are not playing smartly.

- There will be a rise of instance damage weapons in this mode. You need to hit hard and fast.

- Bandage is fairly useless so I load up on shields. You can't hide and heal anymore because the objective is kill count.

- Mine and torp quests will be faster by this mode due to spamming. Mortars too.

IMO, this makes the game feel more of a chore than it already has. Just load everyone up with certain amount of tickets every 12 hours and let them finish at their own pace. You can buy more if you want.

16. super_sonic181

So true! Play Smarter and you definetly win this!

17. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

From your screenshots, both the losing fixer teams have the same speeder. I can bet that the speeder died a lot in those match. Can someone watch the replays to verify that?

People will eventually get smarter with strategies in Death Match and the +fixer will be a huge advantage. How do you destroy a fixer team near their respawn points?

18. Mad_Bulls_007

U want me to share the replays of those 2 games?

19. Mad_Bulls_007

20. Mad_Bulls_007

Also, a funny thing happened. I tried my fixer in the death match for the first time. It is still at mk3 . And this happened. Lol ( btw, I did not have any green items.)
    Screenshot_20180525-000508.jpg
    And when I finally got a match, this happened. Totally unfair.
    Screenshot_20180525-000529.jpg

ps: Never gonna play fixer again. Lol:p
    Screenshot_20180525-002036.jpg

wreck your day and TonyStar123 like this.