1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to spend pearls efficiently?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by STARC!!, 20 May 2018.

1. STARC!!

STARC!! Member

Hi guys,
    I am at level 41 so I am making/made shift from rares to epic. As many know that at my captain level rares treated as uncommons and I even scrap every rares I get:mad:, as I got epics better than rares:).
    So now I am close to 4000 pearls (f2p).
    Is it still worthy to spend on epic container?
    10 rares,10 rare powercells are basically useless:rolleyes:, with the introduction of guild raffle I don't need to worry of epic pieces (ya only epic powercells are important for me now).

EPIC PARTS have become so so important to upgrade epics and the shop doesn't contain much parts too. I recently came across offer of 800 epic parts for 8000 pearls( seems too costly:eek:) but at this point I feel that's the only efficient way to spend pearls.

So guys give ur suggestions what do u think or any other best ways to spend pearls
    Also
    Is epic container really worth at end game?
    Don't u think battle bay needs another type of chest that's really worth the hard earned pearls? (What kind of chest would be great post ur thoughts too)

2. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

You still need blue parts to upgrade epics.
    For 8000 pearls, you can get 2 epic containers. That's at a minimum:
    - 2 legendary pieces
    - 2 epic items
    - 18 epic pieces
    - 18 rare items

So if you scrap all that, you won't get 800 epic parts, but the question is, is all the rest of it worth it? (Remember the blue parts are still good for upgrading epics)

3. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

20 premium crates put together, 5 epics, 15 rares, 17 epic pieces, 3 legendary pieces, 20 epic powercells, 20 rare powercells, and cost 8000 pearls.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  4. STARC!!

STARC!! Member

I do agree blue parts are good for upgrading but atleast I get huge amount of them from shop.
    Right now epic items are not ground breaking for me as I have to upgrade existing epic items and totally fine with getting epic items further down the line with no real hurry. To upgrade the existing items is real pain.

5. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    I’m in the same situation, slowly swifting from rares to epics (mostly done already) and i’m completely f2p. I only spend pearls for epic containers and inventory upgrades, since i hoard every epic. In my opinion, those are the only ones worth spending as a f2p, since you get a lot of rare parts and epic items/pieces that will help you. I would also buy that offer, but it might be easier to just buy containers than to collect 8000 and then wait for that offer again.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Here's a video by Genki Gamers on this...

STARC!! likes this.
  7. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    He missed one BEST WAY TO SPEND PEARLS,and it's BUY STARS TO BUY STAR CRATES :cool::cool:

8. STARC!!

STARC!! Member

Watched it long back and loved it, to my surprise I was doing same as genki explained in it :p, but the epic container holds good in early of the game not the end game(for f2p) agree?

The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Yes!

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I disagree. The best way to get epic parts/items with pearls is through Premium chests, and the Epic Container is the best way to buy them.

11. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    For me, I usually scrap any epic that I don't use or won't use for the seeable future to get parts. I know I wasted countless blue parts and sugar that won't get given back but blue parts can be bought much more easily than epic, and sugar can be gained through grinding.
    In terms of pearls, I don't think any chest is worth it. Thats why I never save up. Spending 4000 pearls on 1-2 epics that you probably don't use is kinda useless, especially if you don't use the rares you get.

12. STARC!!

STARC!! Member

I agree epic container is best for getting epic parts/ items( don't forget epic powercells) but if u grinded or played long enough it won't be that much of difficult to get epics that u want to work on, upgrading them is the pain so getting epics from epic container and just hoarding them in inventory is not helping u in any way... U will get the epics with raffles easily in a long run.

Da Carronade King likes this.
  13. STARC!!

STARC!! Member

Lets see the scrapping conversion (neglecting legendary piece )
    • 1 epic item ~ 46 -56 epic parts
    • 9 epic pieces( assuming 1 epic item)~ 46 -56 parts
    • 9 rare items ~ 1197-1320 rare parts (great)
    • 10 rare powercells (doesn't care)
    • 10 epic powercells (awesome)
    Adding them all 92-112 epic parts + 1197 -1320 rare parts + 10 powercells is what we all get.
    (We grind so hard for long time to get 3.9k pearls this doesn't seem worth at all)
    PS. Epic container is great deal early in the game not taking that away at all, what about the end game?

14. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

powercells are useless as hell lol imo :p

15. R@jith anand

R@jith anand Well-Known Member

I think only few people are care about powercells.

R4Z0R likes this.
  16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Right...How long have you been playing? I'm at least 1 year into this game and I still don't have a 4th epic copy of any weapon I've been running for 6 months. I added Fire Bomb to my loadouts because I got 4 of those, and just last week I got a 4th Epic Ex Canon, but last time I used that was my T5 Uncommon. Difficult to acquire is an understatement for me, but maybe RNGeezus likes you. My first legendary weapon after 1 year: Standard Mortar. Need more? See below.

I am one of those that was affected by lack of Rare power cells. Once I qualified for T5 Canons it took me 3 months to gather enough power cells to upgrade the items I already had in my inventory. The only way I know of to get more chances at epic items that I actually use is to buy Containers.

17. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

The 25 pearl shop refreshes are the best IMO because they slow me to buy more epic parts and I am limited to only do it 4 times a day, after that I have to decide between boosts or epic container and this is where it’s tough.

The only other time to use pearls would be if you just haven’t played enough to buy the 50 epic parts In the shop and don’t have enough time to farm the gold. Things like that.

Also inventory is very good.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Yes it is only in later stages that powercells get a bit troublesome. I don't uplevel much and if I do, I usually scrap other items for cells so I never have a lack. But other people in ace have a huge problem with gathering them.

19. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

It’s usually a matter of if they spent a lot of money, for f2p we amount enough power cells, or rather don’t get enough parts to use the cells

Edit: that being said I may be getting close to needing some, and for that I will scrap lvl 11 rares, no huge cost

20. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

Worth it or not , it is the only good way to spend pearls . Parts are so costly , 5 rare parts =19 pearls.