1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Refund for not sorting floaters?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Boxinglad, 16 May 2018.

1. Boxinglad

Boxinglad New Member

I would think players who had paid could get together and ask for a refund for purchases from this game if they refuse to sort out floaters in the new update. The reason I say this is because we have paid for items in a game which is fundamentally broken. Obviously I will not buy anything else until it is fixed as just had 6 games in a row lost due to floaters this always happens at the start of a new week.

2. Kyoob Cubison

Kyoob Cubison Member

What kind of system do you propose to sort out floaters?

3. Boxinglad

Boxinglad New Member

A reporting system like we have but for players to actually receive bans for doing it so many times etc plus longer bans for repeat offenders. This post wasn't about that tbh it was more about could the payers use our collective power to influence and get a refund or alternatively refuse to pay until it is fixed.

TonyStar123 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. Kyoob Cubison

Kyoob Cubison Member

I
    Despite how counter intuitive it may seem, it’s not the job of Rovio to to give refunds for a problem that is created by the community. While they can, and are, working to counter floaters, it is the fault of the players that this is a problem. In the same way that it is not the job of Epic Games to refund players who spent money on V-Bucks, just because their playing with people who are AFK, it is not the job of Rovio to give out refunds just because a minority is ruining it for the majority. Rovio can’t control people’s actions, they can only help by giving better features which mitigate these people who are ruining the game. They don’t, and really shouldn’t, have to give out any refunds for this type of problem.

5. Boxinglad

Boxinglad New Member

I think by now they should have come up with a better system to stop it and they can be held accountable for not doing so. This anyway would not stop paying players grouping together and refusing to pay until the problem had a solution in place

6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

On average, floaters don't make you drop infamy. They are on the enemy team as often as they are on yours.

Also, floaters are not a game wide problem. At my infamy level (3500), there are none.

7. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Statistically floaters actually give you a benefit. If we assume you never float, then there are 4 players in your team who might float. In the enemy team there are 5 players who might float. This means it's more common for your enemy team to have a floater than your team.

8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The system isn’t broken and so doesn’t need fixing in my opinion.

If everyone keeps on reporting floaters, the devs will be able to see who is deliberately and repeatedly doing it (as opposed to those who it happens as a ‘one-off’ to) and dish out the appropriate punishment. And just because punishment is not instantaneous and visible, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

I report all floaters whether they’re on my team or the opposition.

Thankfully matches are only 5min maximum (probably much less is a floater is in a game) so just report and move on. And it is incredibly satisfying when you win despite having a floater on your team.

9. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Yes, but in those 6 games, it wasn’t the same floater every time.

10. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

But killing them is sooooooooooo boring

11. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Most hilarious post I've read yet. Never thought of it that way. :D:D:D

12. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

Wow, I feel like I just watched a Vsause video.

13. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Heeyy, VSauce Michael here.

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Reasons I've had to float:
    - unexpected: important phone call
    - unexpected: doorbell rings
    - unexpected: dog threw up on carpet
    - unexpected: kid threw up on carpet
    - unexpected: kid screaming (for any number of reasons)
    - but never because I felt like trolling my teammates.

I feel like most floating situations are probably similarly unexpected and unintentional. Give benefit of the doubt. No one's trolling you over and over on purpose.

Also, Rovio owes you nothing for any of this.

Last edited: 19 May 2018
  15. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

I just find floaters hilarious. It only takes 10 seconds normally to get into a match. How do you go afk?:confused::confused::confused: