1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

please ban all the player who derank to get more resources

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Awesome0009, 13 Jun 2017.

1. Awesome0009

Awesome0009 New Member

Imagine you new player with MK1 and canon lv 3 go play 1 match with 50 infam and booom, MK3 with epic blast canon tier 2 appear. i will quit this game if this thing continue happend. sry my bad english

2. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    Imagine how it will go if you meet this guy:
    IMG-20170612-WA0048.jpg

3. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    This is actually really hard to do. You can't solidly define infmay bombing. It's more a general term do define a purposful loss of infamy. But the question is when it is a standard flux opposed to bombing.

Like me, I was battling normally one day and i went from 800 infamy to 500 infamy and stayed there for a while.

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Guys, guys, guys! Please read the rules! Repeating chats is against the rules! Please check General discussions before doing this. There are already THREE other dicussions pointing to the same thing! That said, yeah, this is a big deal.

Hear u

The simplest answer is to have a report system which activates if the player does negligible damage compared to others in a match. If he or she is reported three times by at least three players, they get banned for a week or so. It would work. Really

Last edited by a moderator: 13 Jun 2017
    David Bonaparte likes this.
  5. ThatOnion

Gamer
    But think of people, they'd abuse this and report everyone. Maybe there'd be a minimum required damage based on ship, level etc and a limit of 5 reports a day

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

Three consecutive matches cannot be a coincidence, is my sincere opinion.

7. ThatOnion

Gamer
    I mean someone would go into a battle, lose/win and report everyone on their team regardless how they did

8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

That's fine though, everyone has losing streaks.. but there's a maximum range that you can legitimately drop in one. If people with mk4 boats are at 200 infamy, it's safe to say they did it on purpose.

9. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

It's not hard to implement an automated flagging mechanism that triggers when a level x player drops below y infamy. Or if someone drops a certain amount in whatever time period.

Penalizing requires someone to spend time looking at the flagged players though & time is money!

10. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Probably more about this... like I'm guessing 5

11. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

And someone doing really bad could be penalized for nothing! But still, I agree with you.

12. KellEl

KellEl Member

I mentioned before in one of the many threads about this topic that I think.it would be more effective to limit the amount of points a person can drop. Maybe set it at league cut off a. If you reach Ace II the lowest you can drop is Ace III for example. If you reach master III, the lowest you can drop is Warrior I. When you reach the point where you would drop lower than 2 tiers off your highest tier you stop losing infamy. And maybe you don't get any rewards from a loss if you don't lose any infamy. That would fix the problem without the need to rely on unreliable reports from the community.

13. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Good thinking. (Wow, I nearly said food thinking!)

14. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

Why not just reduce rewards for winning battles at lower infamy???

The only reason people lower their infamy is because it is easier to get stars, gold and pearl by winning easier games compared to winning games at their natural infamy.

If rewards gained are significantly reduced at lower infamy games (in accordance to max infamy of individual player), there is no longer a reason for people to lower their infamy on purpose.

Correct me if I'm wrong

15. KellEl

KellEl Member

I think you'd have to reduce them a lot to make that work. And people would still do it because the like destroying stuff really easy. Don't know why that's fun for them but whatever. Plus this would have the unfortunate consequence of hurting 99% of the people in those tiers who are there legitimately because they haven't been able to climb up. They need resources to upgrade stuff and this would make that even tougher. It would like feel like an insurmountable challenge and they would quit

16. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Look at it this way
    If the average hardcore battle bayer spends 1500 hours a year on this (avg 4 hours a day, i bet many do this)
    Then in order to get the same resources fighting "competitively" would take an additional 6 months.

Yes,. 6 months.. let that sink in.
    Why would anyone make it that much more painful?

System is too easy to work around as it is.

17. Pallas Athena

Pallas Athena New Member

I don't agree. I dropped 300 infamy by playing with soloists as opposed to team players and it's been a battle to claw my way up. Still not back and yes, I drive a mk4.

18. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

so many duplicate threads. makes it a PITA to even look at all of them, when other people can't read. -_-

Look. Clearly there is something driving the de-rankers, and it isn't the intent to be an assh*le to other players. Hint: its economic. Banning them is like giving a sick person a mask. It doesn't fix the underlying issues, and it certainly doesn't stop the symptoms from happening. In other words, de-rankers feel justified in their actions, and straight up bans will lead to negative press. It would be more productive and easier on Rovio to just incentivize people to stay at their best infamy rank. Instead of the knee-jerk reaction that is banning everyone suspected of de-ranking.

D3X likes this.
  19. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

And you're right David.

The root of the problem is the incentives to lower infamy.

It is more efficient to earn stars/gold at lower infamy. Then why not? It makes perfect economic sense.

Therefore I feel the way to fix this economic problem is to deincentivize battling at low infamy(compared to individual's peak).

I propose lowering stars/gold/pearls for winning games at lower infamy based on your peak infamy. For eg if you have reached 2.1k infamy before, winning at 1.4k infamy now earns you less stars/gold than if you were to win at your peak infamy of 2.1k. Therefore you will earn more the higher you go and makes no economic sense to play at artificially lowered infamy anymore.

David Bonaparte likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

I believe that a person cannot be reported three times without serious reasons