1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do people focus defenders first?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by xxxBISMARCKxxx, 13 May 2018.

1. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Tesla bolt + run for my life :p

The Otherguy and R4Z0R like this.
  2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

For rushing you need good backing up.. If defender rushes people need to understand to follow his/her charge as backup.
    Or defender needs to understand if enemies are shooting banana boats make your charge.

3. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Not sure about you but I wouldn't have to think twice what target I would shoot first if this was a hunting game:

Defendertarget.png

4. Tuna Primal

Tuna Primal Active Member

@xxxBISMARCKxxx Here's what happens if you let a defender get in close. Hahahaha.

5. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Cool compilation but tbh most of your kills were from bc and not really that close

_devill likes this.
  6. Tuna Primal

Tuna Primal Active Member

@xxxBISMARCKxxx Made a new video. Most of the kills are close range with Blast Cannon. Video takes a few seconds to get to HD.
    @*JAWS*

_devill and *JAWS* like this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’d rather not attack Defenders first, as it wastes time. Better to focus on a weaker ship that you can kill quickly, and then take down the Defender later with superior numbers.

But in a battle, you don’t always get to pick and choose like that. I often see Defenders trying to go ‘Rambo’, straight into the middle of my team. In those situations, they don’t give you a lot of choice.

If I’m doing a Torp quest, then I’ll usually look out for any Defenders on the loading screen, and remember their names. Flare quests too, because Defenders tend to burn for longer, so I can tick up more damage by lighting them up first.

Last edited: 14 May 2018
    TheAntiSnipe and Fluid Bait like this.
  8. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

heeehee i saw harpo! gettin steamed there :p

Fluid Bait likes this.
  9. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

Why do you mean your team target defender first? :p My team never ever bother to even shoot at a defender. They just let the defender charge at the healer(most of the time, me).

10. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

I can only speak for myself, but when I'm playing without my glasses on defenders are the only boats I can see. So basically because I'm old.

11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Based on the behavior of my own teammates, Defenders frequently just run out toward the enemy by themselves, but they only have a 50% HP bump over a Shooter. Of course they will be the first to be targeted. I don't know that you do it, but so many others do.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  12. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I've been playing fixer for the last 2 days and saw you quite a few times. You charge at me with reckless abandonment. I guess the defender is not the only ship being focus on.

13. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Yeah most times it's worth trading for the enemy fixer. As I am sure you know. Sorry I guess I should have clarified that I meant to ask, why do I see Defender get focused so much over other non-fixer targets. Based on some of the responses, I think I may also need to clarify that I am asking about in situations where the Defender is not the only target option....

14. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

People focus Defender first because I make them.
    Dun dun. Dun dun.

Jaws

15. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

People focus on me, a defender, because they know I'm too good and they need to eliminate me first :p

16. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Well, if you going to charge into the enemies and targeted a specific ship, what do you expect? Next time I'll tell my teammates to let you do whatever you want. They should go find a speeder or enforcer and duel with them.

17. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Now for the real answer. Defenders are attacked by tons of ships for their weapons acheivements.

Whether charging or not. I have seen whole teams change directions to charge a defender. And then only use their obscure weapons Or harder to land weapons. Mortars, mines, torps, etc. I even have had boats try to kill me with carronade and st. Cannon. No lie. Lol.

This is because beside my normal sharkiness and theme song.

They know at the end of killing me....they are one step closer to a golden weapon.

I am such a giver.

18. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

This might have been intended as a joke, but it's actually a very direct answer. Other ships don't survive long enough to be the tip of the spear, so that job is left to Big Blue.

When a 17K HP Defender decides "it's go time" and charges your line, you have three options, in helpfully color-coded below by your ship type:

#1: Stun and Run
    #2: Stand and Fight
    #3: Die

19. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks to people like you i'm 2m away from my legendary blast cannon. When i get it, i'll buy you a beer.

20. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

As shooters have 8 points in 5 red slots, 4 points in blue slots; defenders should have 8 points in blue slots because blue slots are less valuable than red slots in terms of dealing damage. 6 points in blue slot is not enough.