1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking again...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Te rompi el tuje, 14 May 2018.

1. Te rompi el tuje

Te rompi el tuje Member

I think a fair MatchMaking would be crossing boats with similar infamy one to one. Not averaging and compensating. The way it works now, when on one side, there are boats with much infamy, for example 2 boats, compensates with 3 boats of less infamy to the last 3 of the other team .... it happens a lot with battles that have fleets.
    It's impossible for the team that has its two best boats with 600 and up to 900 or 1000 less infamy with the best boats of the other team.
    Devs please check this, because it's frustrating to enter such a battle.
    upload_2018-5-14_18-18-41.png
    upload_2018-5-14_18-19-5.png
    upload_2018-5-14_18-19-23.png

2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

What were the results of the battles?

Going up against Orpheus and XCurse is very difficult, regardless of infamy.

3. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

No. What would support fixers do? They're meant to help out a team, not fight 1v1. Also, Battle Bay is about working as a team, not playing solo. This would give huge advantages to cannon users and disadvantages to support fixers.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  4. SeaNavy

Bring back defenders! Out of all the three matches, I see 14 shooters, 5 enforcers, 4 speeders, 6 fixers, and 1 defender! That's little more than 2% out of all the ships!

5. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

millions of players playing around.. it can't be always perfect. just deal with it. Peace.

A55A51N likes this.
  6. Te rompi el tuje

Te rompi el tuje Member

All battles defeat.
    what is worrying are not Orpheus or X-curse. but the difference in infamy

7. Te rompi el tuje

Te rompi el tuje Member

More players = better MM algorithm
    before the world launch, they said that was solved just with the launch.

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

There's very few NML players around tho, right? Also you have 4000+ infamy, so youre always gonna be seeing large swings in average infamy

Miathan and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  9. SeaNavy

In the first picture, your team had higher average infamy. What do you mean it's because of the difference in infamy.

10. Te rompi el tuje

Te rompi el tuje Member

that's right ... the algorithm compensates. but it is not the same to compensate with weaker players.

11. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

This big swings in infamy like this happen in nightmare because there is no one else to match the Orpheus's of the bay with unless they increase the wait time unreasonable amounts. They are the best of the best and you're the next notch down.

12. Te rompi el tuje

Te rompi el tuje Member

So we are being punished at that time?

13. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about infamy... it can change by hundreds of points in a day for a given player, so all you are seeing is a match that's trying to balance at a point in time but it's a futile effort. I'm personally more worried about the streakiness as I just went through 40/50 losses in a 24 hour period... At one point the only win I had in a dozen matches was when the other team had a floater. Sometimes Matchmaker(tm) just sucks at its job, and doesn't seem to adjust in time... not that it should be manipulating matches so much, but the unusual streakiness tells me it's trying too hard.

14. nzouF

nzouF Member

There's nothing to complain about here, mk6's and mk7's have the same slot capacity. Some players have better skill/aim than others, better internet connection too.
    That's how it is !

Last edited: 15 May 2018