1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Your bleeding me dry Rovio...

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Kyoob Cubison, 14 May 2018.

1. Kyoob Cubison

Kyoob Cubison Member

Jesus, I genuinely wonder how they arrive at these prices. I don’t mean any conviction when I say that, I actually want to know the economics of selling 30 lines of code.

Attached Files:

2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    The price scales with what level you are (or something like that :p)
    I never buy the offers, not worth it!

3. Kyoob Cubison

Kyoob Cubison Member

I pay for vip, the only offer I’ve ever taken advantage of was the blast, explosive, and cannon offer for $30.

StrictSalmon307 and Mr. Chompers like this.
  4. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I know, complete rip-off

5. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Is that for T5?
    And they aren't selling code, they're selling time. It took time to code that, it toke time to create the game, it takes time to figure out an update, it takes time to fix bugs, etc.
    Actually, if you are going to go whale, that is a good deal. Better than buy pearls and 3900 chests hoping for a shield or enough epic blue pieces for a combine, and then its a 1 in 6 you'll get the desired (blue) item. For red items its worth even more.

Is this sarcastic or sincere. o_O
    See answers above

6. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I can't afford it as a non-whale though :( If only I was rich :D

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Sincere, I mean this is a business. If you want higher sales, lower the cost. Because this is code, you have unlimited supply, make your demand insane as well.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  8. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    It really depends on how much you need it, really. The offers seem to come up whenever you feel like you need another.

I don't feel like it's worth the money, unless the epic T5 has HUGE health

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  9. Kyoob Cubison

Kyoob Cubison Member

To be fair, I think it’s better to make a free to play game almost prohibitively expensive. High prices for menial boosts prevent people from making the argument that it’s pay to win. You need some serious cash if you want to be the absolute unit. On the other hand, if you do decide to be a whale, then you are essentially a god within the game, but it would literally take thousands of dollars to quickly level up with a minor amount of playtime.

10. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Or 10s of thousands of dollars in some cases... :confused:

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  11. rexaroni

rexaroni Member

I'd venture to guess that the psychology behind the $49.99 offers is not as much to sell those particular offers (although I'm sure they do sell some), but to make the $29.99 offers for 3 items and the like seem comparatively "cheap". Same for when they make "special offers" around certain event dates. It sets the standard of what is full price so that anytime a discounted offer comes up the mind thinks *ooohhh what a deal, I've got to buy this NOW!*.

Similar to the retail model of marking up items only to apply a 50% off sticker, which in reality the 50% price off is the fair market value for that item. Just my $0.02 (which would be a GREAT deal and I'd break f2p if I saw that).

12. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Better one person to buy it than 50 people not buying it.

Still though, there’s plenty of better things in the world to buy. I’m just wondering how many people have bought deals similar to this one.