1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Very Broken rivalry matchmaking

Discussion in 'The World of Battle Bay' started by PATRICK BRADY, 3 May 2018.

1. PATRICK BRADY

PATRICK BRADY New Member

Please developers fix this very broken matchmaking. Currently we are in a rivalry with 3 teams global ranked in 100s, 2 teams in 300s, and then us with global rank of 1396. Last week all these rivals completed 48,47,48,46 ,etc. And we completed 33 quests. I really do not understand. The new rivalry option was a great addition to this game and makes it much more fun continually. But its tearing guilds apart cause their members go searching greener pastures cause we afe getting absolutely killed making it not fun at all. Oh forgot to mention they avg abiut 3000 infamy while we have 1 guy that is 2000 amd a few more in the 1000s amd majority under 1000. This is just killing the morale of the guild and taking all the fun out of a great idea. Please please fix this broken matchmaking. Our guild is "the dirty dozens" if you want to look into further please do so. Or what other info do you need from me to help check on this. If you need to contact me i would love to offer ideas, help, or whatever I can do. My email is (email removed for privacy) please feel free to write and ask me literally anything i can help with

Last edited by a moderator: 3 May 2018
    Cryix and HARPO! like this.
  2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I have removed your email address for your privacy, you have a forum mailbox so would be better to use that than your email for contact :)
    As for your problem, yes it is a problem that we all have to deal with.
    Just remember majority of tokens come from clearing the quests, and not the rivalry reward itself, so focus on clearing the boards and if you can place in the top 3 its a bonus!

3. Rootzman

Rootzman New Member

Or...since the devs clearly don’t consider matchmaking an important topic, you could leave the game alone until improvements are made to keep the competition fair. That is the next step since you so respectfully brought this GLARING issue to light. You can tell from the response that they don’t care how unfair and frustrating it is for the players

4. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

If course it's important, that's why we have hundreds of threads on the subject ;)

The problem is that the system is as fair as it can be and unless players can win every rivalry they think it's unfair

Cryix, StrictSalmon307 and Fluid Bait like this.
  5. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

I agree with @Ash KOT. It really doesn't matter if you win or not. You will still get guild raffles for doing guild raffles. My guild don't always win the guild rivalries, but we get around like 90K guild raffles each weeek by just clearing 3 and a half boards. Who cares about winning it, it matters if you get the guild raffles or not.

Cryix and Fluid Bait like this.
  6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Getting matched against rebellion for completing 59 Quests sure is fair! Considering that we lost 2 previous rivalry at 4th position.

All Top 5 contributors of guild left because of this hopeless matchmaking

Nikkie!, Cryix, Mad_Bulls_007 and 4 others like this.
  7. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    As Ash said, the majority of tokens come from quests.

A guild that completes 2 boards and gets top prize gets less tokens than guild who completes 4 boards and gets worst prize.

Cryix likes this.
  8. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Sorry but i dont have a complete overview as our guild is much weaker, we always get different opponents, and we complete 3 boards every week and usually have a chance at top 3.
    Pulling rebellion repeatedly sounds unfair, but you probably earn a ton more tokens than us clearing our 3 boards and hoping for the best.
    I guess at the top end the same guilds often complete a crazy amount of boards and therefore get matched accordingly.

9. Shoot Em' Up

Shoot Em' Up New Member

I dont think it's very broken but it's certainly not correct. And to some players / guilds it's about getting the trophy position, just as much as the raffle tokens. Before the change, we had 8 1st, 6 2nd, 1 3rd. Now we still have 8 1st, 7 2nd, 5 3rd and about 10 4th and 5th places. It's not good that we are constantly matched with global ranked teams in the top 50 (we are currently 313).
    We now do a week on and a week off. The off week no one uses boosts and we manage to get near the end of board 4 or start on 5. It's disheartening some weeks.

BattleRascal, Cryix and HARPO! like this.
  10. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

If you havnt managed to win once since the matchmaking was changed to fairness rather than the predetermined rivalries we had before the you should probably reconsider your strategy.

A hint: Off, Off, On is better than On, Off, On, Off.

Cryix, HARPO! and BITTERSTEEL like this.
  11. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

Not being dude of anything but are you joking?? Devs made the game like hell

12. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

I’ve seen some guilds crests new one again and again in order to get an easier rivalry as already reported here.
    Our guild can finish only 36 at best and in the current rivalry the two top guilds are finishing 44 or 46 already. This can’t be said “fair”. The two guilds have only one or two rivalry records. So surely they create new one every two or three rivalry. This kind of behavior should be systematically prevented.

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

And yet here you are lol

TheFixer27 and Cryix like this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

Tbh I think most of us who have stuck around are masochists lol. Very few people would ever stick around for slow progression games.

Well, I like the genre. Also, I'm kinda okay with slow progression.

Is the game made with people who like slow, hard games in mind?

TheFixer27 likes this.
  15. Shoot Em' Up

Shoot Em' Up New Member

I know off, off, on is better. But we don't want to simply easily win, we want to fairly compete with it coming down to the final day, if possible. I see bittersteel liked your reply. His guild is currently in our rivalry at number one. As soon as you see guilds like that you know the chance of winning is almost Zero. @BITTERSTEEL give us a chance! ;)

Last edited: 14 May 2018
  16. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

indeed the problem is very serious.
    I tried to fulfill the guild quest, in the thread, my glory fell very much, at 1000! I stopped taking awards, but I thought that I could go back up easily, because the opponents on that glory would be weaker.
    But as a result, the men of -1000 fame, the opponents are even stronger than they were before and absolutely no agrades for anything!

And it was impossible to climb up!
    I've already improved the equipment, usually it brought +100 or +200 fame, but now nothing changes, the opponents are so strong that it's just awful.
    My glory fell to 2700-2800 but I constantly meet players from the "nightmare league" with 3800+ !!!
    How can I play like this?

17. TheAntiSnipe

I don't see that many NML players, but when I do, I focus them. I'm the same as you, facing the same outrageous odds. However, this thread is about GUILD matchmaking. Please check before you post;)

18. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I've come to the conclusion that there is really no defending the current guild rivalry matchmaking. It is clearly broken and was much more fair before the update.
    Yes, most of your tokens come from completing the quests, and most guild rivalries your position in finish is predetermined based on the guild ranks of who you are playing and how many guilds did the "off-off-on" system to get a better matchup that week. It's no secret how to game the new system. It's just very disheartening. My guild which I formed pre-quests started the rivalries 18-0-0, undefeated, because we were extremely active in relation to our infamy and captain levels. Our guild stayed about 95% intact through those first 20 weeks of quests. Since the update, I think we've finished in the top 3 about 3 times. I've lost many of our top quest contributors to higher ranked guilds, because they want to finish 1st and 2nd place every week. When I lose a top contributor, now we have to wait two weeks for our new quest completion rate to be reflected in our rivalry. The new quest rivalry has mostly destroyed the the old loyalty people had to their guilds.
    I am fairly certain however that the amount of PEARLS being used to buy boosts has INCREASED since the new rivalry matchmaking has been implemented. So unfortunately I don't think we will see a change to the matchmaking any time soon.