1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Update-Situation

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mntr, 11 May 2018.

1. Mntr

Mntr Member

Hi @All
    I have to say something about the actual "update" situation. Its not only me who is in trouble about the length of time we Are waiting. The last update came 2 months ago and Since that time, a Lot of people shared so many good ideas at the Suggestion thread.
    I know its Hard work to update a game like this, but you ("staff Team") have to change something!

Many Player Are leaving and quit the game because there is no progress in any way! Only a little amount of Suggestions and ideas getting a respond from an battlebay Moderator or someone else of the staff Team. I know you Are working on improvements i respect that, but For the future i would love to See an other way of doing that, getting the people involved or at least telling about that you Are working on it any maybe give a little hint.
    Waiting and See there is nothing happening is frustrating.
    I like this game, and I spend so much time to get better and better, its hard to see so many Player left or stop beeing active.
    I hope you will read this message and think about what i wrote ( sorry about my english )

Thanks,
    Mntr

Nikkie!, EyesTv, Kazeshini and 15 others like this.
  2. Mntr

Mntr Member

And the anniversary was in my eyes no excuse of letting people wait For the update. It was nice, yes, but it was only a little temporary, isolated event.
    Sorry to say.
    For all the active Player a nice opportunity to farm Gold and Sugar, For everyone else just a drop in the ocean.

3. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

they are killing his own game... and don´t loose your time because everyboddy say to them... and only really lazy updates.... very bad job devs, very bad. Serious.

EyesTv, Kazeshini, zhinji and 3 others like this.
  4. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    I can guarantee you a big update is coming in 2weeks,guve them one more chance please;)

5. jackpot

jackpot New Member

I agree. Something must be done to keep this game interesting. I've been playing since the early days of soft launch. I'm one of the loyalists! But to be honest, I'm losing interest. In 2 years there's only been 2 new weapons introduced, the E.C. and the healing bolt . There's only been 1 new map introduced. There's never been any new ships introduced. Dev's need to stop spending so much time "balancing" aka "nerfing" everything and start listening to some of the cool suggestions that people have, to keep this game new and interesting. The only two big updates the Dev's have done since global launch is guild rivalries and custom battles. Congrats on the custom battles, but somehow it still doesn't quite satisfy me - as it is mostly just a practice arena. The introduction of guild quests I feel ultimately hurt the game and made it less fun. All other updates are just Nerf this, buff that. When do we get to see something new, fun and interesting??!! Come on Dev's!

Nikkie!, EyesTv, Deinøs and 12 others like this.
  6. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

The anniversary event was really good. I didn't use the opportunity as much as I wanted to, but it would be great to have events like these often. Not every week, maybe once a month where you can go crazy and play all out over a weekend. I'm not sure if it will help the economy of the game but the users will definitely have a better experience overall.

Nikkie!, benguin8, EyesTv and 7 others like this.
  7. Mntr

Mntr Member

Thats nice to hear. But they should know that so many people waiting For it, why not annonce anything to cool us down. Tell the people that you Are working on something, dont release any dates or something. Just Show up you do something.
    Sometimes i feel like there are working not enough people on the Updates. Maybe you need some more ;)

EyesTv and nosesabe like this.
  8. Mntr

Mntr Member

Totally agree!

EyesTv likes this.
  9. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

They already told that before on anniversary. in around 2 weeks it's gonna come so now 1 week is passed let's wait a week and 'll see whether it comes or not.. peace..

EyesTv and nosesabe like this.
  10. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

1 week is passed... 1 week to go.

EyesTv and TheFixer27 like this.
  11. nzouF

nzouF Member

The Grim Repair already shut your hopes down in another thread : "there’s no confirmation of any date yet we can share for the new update"

Nikkie!, EyesTv and nosesabe like this.
  12. Mntr

Mntr Member

Yeah i know. Im fine with that. But thats not only For now. Its also For the future. I wont accept the same thing again. Waiting months For New Updates or events with no announcement befor. Or atleast talking in official Posts. I cant read every thread to get the messages im looking For.

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  13. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

The devs are really unwilling to drop tangible hints about coming updates. Saying things like "something you have never seen before" just doesn't cut it. If this game was constantly being updated like clash royale, then yes the community can live with pre-update secrecy. But no, as others have said, we only have 1 new map, 2 new items, guild rivalries, and custom battles. And those themselves took a hell long to come out, besides balance changes.

There is no longer doubt people are bored of the game, me too as I've reached the point where I play battle bay less each day. When a big part of the community is frustrated, the devs gotta at least drop more tangible hints, say a new 10 PvE boss battle mode, or something like that. Mobile games needs to be hyped up from time to time, especially when real updates are slow to come.

And forumers please don't tell me that I gotta suck it up or leave the game, just because you still find the game interesting doesn't mean that others still do, but we still very much love battle bay and would rather not quit alltogether.

14. Miika

Miika Game Lead

The latest update history for Clash Royale is:
    We are releasing more updates to Battle Bay, just saying... :)

15. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    The differences is Clash Royale do more monthly balances changes but less major updates,while Battle Bay do more major updates but less frequent balance changes;)

16. Nimzor

Nimzor Member

Do you have any proof that players are leaving and quiting? Sure most games experience a decline of its playerbase during its life cycle, but unless you have access to daily active users/monthly active users/new installs/etc, how would really know?

17. Mntr

Mntr Member

Really miika? All about to say to this thread is how often other games update? In my eyes this is no excuse of what we want.

kencold and FataMorgana88 like this.
  18. Mntr

Mntr Member

I Personal See it on my friend list. Months ago there were allways 30-40 players online. To every time. Now there Are only 15-25 players online. And iI know a Lot of Player who quit gaming or stop beeing active

19. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Its minimal, people like to complain and threaten to leave to try and force some action out of the devs, 80% of people who "quit" are still playing :D
    New updates are always good, and fresh innovative content is key to keeping the game alive, but sometimes this community pulls the devs all over the place with how the game should be run which is bias to their own gameplay and perception. People demanded MK level be included in matchmaking, and once implemented people complained about the new system. Matchmaking is ruined! Well thats what we as a community demanded! You then have whiners "hurry up and release the damn update, pull your finger out and make it happen, its taken too long" followed by the other half moaning "updates are rushed out, they need to spend more time on them to include more content so the updates are actually exciting".

The Battle Bay team is s small group of passionate, dedicated individuals doing their best to make their game the best it can be, they are not deliberately dragging their heels in hope their players leave the game, this makes no business sense for anyone.

Nikkie!, _devill, Spinners71 and 7 others like this.
  20. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Chicken said he wished the game was updated as often as Clash Royale, so Miika was just stating that the game IS updated as often as Clash Royale ;)
    I have had long drawn out discussions with several of the Rovio staff, about all manner of the game, matchmaking, weapons, interface etc and never had the impression that they were lazy or cant be bothered.

Nikkie!, Schrödinger, xBonk and 5 others like this.