1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixer27's git gud help request station

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheFixer27, 10 Apr 2018.

1. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
  2. TheFixer27

A boat
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Hey! Cool guild name BTW! :cool:

I might not be the best person to give advice on ‘Fixing’, but I do often have to make similar decisions on where I need to be, and who I need to help.

In the second game, it looked like you were doing pretty well, but then suddenly you’ve got a guy charging forwards on his own. I could already see “that guy’s gonna die”, and I’m pretty sure you could see it too, since you were spamming Negative.

You did your best to save him, but he dies anyway, and when you turn around, your team is also getting torn apart.

TBH, even though it goes against all your instincts, sometimes you’ve just gotta cut your losses and let those guys die. Always try to keep in mind that you are a good player, and far more valuable than some guy charging to his death. Don’t spend too much effort trying to save players who are actively getting themselves wrecked, they’re often beyond help. look for the players who are winning, they’re the ones who are going to need help next, and you can make sure you’re already there :)

The 3rd game, I watched about 4 times. It’s a tough one, because the Speeder gets himself killed, and I don’t think anyone could have saved him. However, if he had come back for heals, I doubt he would have been able to find you.

You followed the mk6 Shooter, which seemed sensible at first. But I didn’t like where he was going, or what he was trying to do. So again, I would have abandoned him and rejoined the other Shooters closer to the capture zone. Though it wouldn’t necessarily have saved the game, since you were already a ship down, you might have been in place to keep RonX alive, and he was a pretty good player.

4. TheFixer27

A boat
    Thank you :),and who says evil guys can't give help? :cool:

Fluid Bait and ViscountSniffit like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

This is something I've said very recently to a friend of mine: As a fixer, YOU are the most important person on the team. If someone stays back, they're either being stupid or making a sacrifice. Speeders will take bullets for you, shooters will distract, defenders will spearhead, enforcers will shield up for you. But when somebody distracts, your duty is to get back out of enemy firing arcs and THEN, if the distraction/idiot is alive, heal him/her.

6. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Honestly, if I were a fixer I wouldn't heal the idiot; they will just take that damage again

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Unfortunately, theres a thin line between someone being an idiot and being a smart player with a deathwish

8. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    sounds like a speeder, the latter.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It took me a while to find this game, because it was from ages ago, but it’s one that always sticks in my head.

http://replay.battlebay.net/VMPVYTJP#NFGDXGMH

I make a big mistake at the start, I got greedy trying to damage the unfriends’ Fixer, and almost don’t make it back out.

There is a terrifying moment though (just after I kill the Speeder), where I’ve managed to get safe, so I can get healed up, and I know that I can win the game, but the Fixer isn’t healing me because he’s distracted by a shooter that’s definitely going to sink.

It happens quite quickly when you watch the replay, but during the game it felt like an eternity, and I really thought the Fixer was going to rush out and get himself killed as well.

I don’t know if I can blame the Fixer, for not wanting to put his faith in an almost dead Speeder, but I think it’s really important to be able to read those situations quickly.

The Shooter was a lost cause, where as I was safe. And that actually made the difference between a victory and a defeat.

TheFixer27 likes this.
  10. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Fixers have great importance, no doubt, I love them, thanks devs for doing that boat! but I think the most important person on every team vary acording to the needs of each battle.
    As a speeder I like to use that psychological need to protect the fixer to draw some attention from my team, while they are trying to sink me, my team are doing the same on their backs. So @TheFixer27 , I recommend you to have a weapon capable to deal with us, speeders and defenders that like to use you to draw some attention and sink you :D

wreck your day and TheFixer27 like this.
  11. TheFixer27

A boat
    Does carronade with NO Slow talent work?

12. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

For mk5 speeders, it can help you (you'll eventually get a legendary, anyway), for mk6 speeders that tesla shield might be a hell of a problem, for defenders you have to be faster than his/ her turret if you want to fight back and your carronade will be useless because of his/ her defence. Waveblower used to have your weapons, so I'm sure they're great, but you'll have to figure out some strategy to deal with us.
    PS: I don't like nitro lol but I'm sure it's a good item but overboost fits my playstyle way better ;)

13. TheFixer27

A boat
  14. TheFixer27

A boat
  15. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    TheFixer27 likes this.
  16. TheFixer27

A boat
  17. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

Sometimes shooter are just straight up idiots. If they don't want the heal and charges straight it, i just heal the ships that actually want the heal.

TheFixer27 likes this.