1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy point system

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by MJL, 11 Jun 2017.

Tags:
  1. MJL

MJL New Member

I'm not sure if this and been discussed yet. But I think it's something that should be revamped. You can have an awesome battle, destroying most the whips or the other team and get the same infamy points as your team mate that died within the 1st few seconds of the game. Also, you can be in a battle to the end, just 1 on 1 left and lose the same amount as everyone else. 2 boats battling at the end should be close in the same infamy points.
    It seems more of a performance based point system should be better. It would accurately reflect an individuals skill level, not the crappy team they were paired with.
    I realize this would take a while to develop but it would definitely pull in more players.

TheDhruv likes this.
  2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

The problem with that is that you don't always get the chance to play to put all your skill to use. For example, sometimes when I play fixer, everyone goes in a different direction, making it very hard for me to do decent healing. A performance based system would give me low infamy in that case. Do I deserve that? It's not my fault that the team ignores my "together!" calls and spreads over half the map.

This is just one situation out of plenty. Being the last one standing also does not mean you played best, nor that you played worst. It can be either, or neither. Performance is such a complex thing that I don't think they could ever create a good working system to measure it. The star system is proof of this, by the way. It works based on contribution, which is pretty much supposed to be performance, but every now and then the stars that are handed out make no sense at all. Like when I go out of my way to heal the team, barely succeed and carry us to a hard earned victory, but get only 1 star while the shooter boat that went around like a headless chicken and almost got himself and me killed multiple times gets 3 stars.

Totoro and Roundtable like this.
  3. Gimpdiggity

Gimpdiggity New Member

The Infamy system in the game is just broken.

It's ridiculous that at the end of a game, when I have four kills and twice as much damage as anyone else in the game, that I lose 24 Infamy because nobody else on my team did anything and we lost 5-4.

MJL likes this.
  4. MJL

MJL New Member

5. MJL

MJL New Member

It should also be on your damage total as well. Fixers are bitch, they are a main target because they repair the fleet making the chance of a win greater.

6. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

Amen to that