1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This is why Sniper is Broken

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 4 May 2018.

1. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Most sniper shooters I see already have an explosive cannon or other short range weapon and they prefer to use them when the enemy is close

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That's the whole point! I'm a duellist, okay? Now I know you don't see many duellist SPEEDERS, but that's how I play(stop smirking). And when I duel shooters in my league(Ace 2-Ace 1) I'm surprised at how many of them have TWO or even THREE high levelled sniper cannons, paired with mortars. You know what I mean? Enfo populations are not really that developed in Ace, so shooters like these don't even bother with the "nutcracker" excannon to break a tesshield, they just spam this weapon, openly exploiting its closerange capability.

You feel me bro?

Nikkie! and Mr. Chompers like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

Yeah, that's high Ace to NML. In low-mid ace, it's a spamfest, because^^

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

The point I was trying to make was, shooters can’t really avoid close range combats.

I’d also really like to fight against shooters equipped with 3 snipers and 2 mortars. It’s so much easier than fighting a shooter with BC/EC/grenade.

5. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

So, maybe just allocate the crit chance at the end of the Burt tree without the proposed nerfs or leave it as it is, if there's an unbalanced cannon on high level it is the standard one :p

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

eagerly awaiting the bubble nerf

Nikkie! likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

Double bubble*

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

reach nightmare and each crit will deal 2000 dmg

9. Kyoob Cubison

Kyoob Cubison Member

Honestly Nicolas, shit happens, and you have to deal with it. That was 3 crits, 2 from the same player. They both had double sniper setup. The damage on the sniper is lower than the cannon and has twice the reload time, so there has to be something to compensate for it. I have a double cannon setup with crit chances increased to 10% apiece. Hell, I was lucky enough to be in a 1v1 and got 4 crits in a row, thereby winning the game. I’m sure the enemy felt totally scammed out of his mind that a 700 health speeder took him from 3000 to zero in 12 seconds. They were either really lucky or had their sniper crit chance suped up. Players need to relax themselves when they complain about a semi-rare, chance occurance. I’ve played for 10 months and have been fed my fair share of bullshit.

10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Yes, shit happens, like accidentally riding into a Big Torp in the first 30 seconds of the game. And that’s fine, you just chalk it down to bad luck, and move on, because that’s like a 1 in 100 fluke. But this ‘shit’ happens all the time, and it’s not ‘bad luck’ it’s someone aiming it at you, and getting crazy damage with one of the easiest to hit weapons in the game.

And, actually, when there is something that badly unbalanced in the game, you don’t just have to ‘deal with it’, you can discuss it, and try to bring it to the Devs’ attention. In many ways, that’s what the forum is for. The game is not a finished product, it’s always receiving tweaks and balance updates.

Let’s not forget, there are 17-18 weapons in this game, that I never use. And the only one that I (or anyone else, for that matter) have consistently complained about (for months), is Sniper.

There is, it can outrange almost every other weapon, which is a huge advantage, and unlike Torpedo it does it with unparalleled speed and accuracy.

it’s not semi-rare, it comes up all the time, and (as I said) we’ve been complaining about it for months. The range and spamability is incredibly powerful, and allows Snipers to control and deny access to huge areas of the battlefield. And when you add on the massive damage, and lack of any good way to properly counter it, the result is meta-defining, and frankly ‘game breaking’ weapon.

Last edited: 8 May 2018
  11. Rokstrmahesh

Rokstrmahesh Active Member

It's because aiming is easy, compared to other cannons.
    Epic EC BC crits be like 2-3k where SC crit is only 1.3-1.4k and normal damage is very less ( almost useless for rare one) and you want it nerfed because you're annoyed by it?

12. Rokstrmahesh

This makes sense.

13. TheAntiSnipe

Crit chances for these weapons you speak of are low. Also, they're close range. And have a large flight time for you to dodge them.

Makes sense now?

14. Rokstrmahesh

Most of speeders, Enforcer rock EC BC their normal damage equals sniper's Crit. Makes sense now?
    That's how they're balanced

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Oh really? We have to chain it with fire. Lead shots. Come in close, opening multiple lines of fire to us.

Don't TL;DR the whole thread, these points have been discussed before, mate.

Nikkie! and A55A51N like this.
  16. Rokstrmahesh

Let's see in the next update ,what's balanced or what's buffed. You'll know

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

Man I'm hyped for it

Nikkie! and A55A51N like this.
  18. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

No, that would be an inaccurate summation of why it should be nerfed.

However, just being ‘annoying’ was apparently a good enough reason to nerf Tesla Bolt into the ground, so that particular argument is not without precedent.

A weapon that consistently dishes out huge ‘difficult to avoid’ crits, before most ships have even had a chance to play, is certainly very annoying, and could justifiably be reigned-in for that reason alone.

But that’s not the only good reason, at all (maybe read the thread).

19. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

I think the problem here is that if somebody doesn't think Sniper is OP, comes on this thread and reads it ALL, he's not gonna change his mind. All the points made against SC are not solid when presented with criticism, and I don't mean that everything wrote here is useless, but I haven't seen anything more than a "power redistribution" as a possible common agreement.
    I'm glad that this thread has been kept civil, even if a layer of passive-aggressiveness is often notable, but these kind of "omg this is why this is OP" threads get more attention from the people who are as outraged about the topic as the poster, and frankly by looking at the ratio between agree/not agree people on this thread I'm kind of surprised at how many people wrote supporting the not-OP SC

Miathan and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  20. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I feel you
    @Jasper21 duelist speeders (at least waht I saw and my own experiences) try to avoid combat with shooters until they have no other opinion because even sniper shooters usually carry some heavy-hitting close range weapons and because of their capability of almost consecutive fire on target you (duelist speeder) try to avoid them because it's your quick end if you don't have your team's help or if the shooter isn't lower mark with low hp so you have at least some chance of killing them, get it?

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.