1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This is why Sniper is Broken

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 4 May 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Okay then, glad we're all on the same page here.

I think talent tree spread is pretty bad as well, upon further reflection, since the people running t4 and t5 epics wont be hurt at all, since they will already have that high training.

Nikkie! likes this.
  2. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Lol wtf grenade has to do with sniper?

3. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Someone said sniper has the highest crit chance in the game, but grenade can have higher.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

Tru dat

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Agree. Buffing the long range capabilities of sniper (either crit chance, crit damage, or base damage) will only promote more camping and more players would complain about it.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

it would stay strong at long range but reduced damage in closer range would make close combat against sniper users easier because now you get hit for good amount of damage from far away when you can't fire back and when you get close enough to attack that enemy he hits you again for the same/even higher amount of damage with the same weapon which is supposed to be long range not all range weapon

Nikkie!, A55A51N and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

Many of us wouldn't. If anything, sniper cannons are going to PREVENT camping. If the weapon does less damage close up, enemies are gonna close up faster, making camping a bad option

Nikkie! and A55A51N like this.
  8. ShipCrusherCz

really? snipers in FPS games have one big problem which is missing here: snipers are weaker because close range weapons can fire in bursts and snipers usually fire one shot and have long reload time because they don't have magazines, but here snipers have reload time somehow similar to other cannons (except EC)

Nikkie!, TheAntiSnipe and A55A51N like this.
  9. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

They also don't have autoaim that turns green when your shot is lined up. It usually takes a lot to setup a sniper shot which rewards you greater.

10. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Sometimes I just don’t know what these sniper haters want lol. Some complained about getting shot from far away and can’t fight back, others complained about sniper having the same effectiveness both at long and close range. Let’s nerf its range to be the same as standard cannon and reduce its damage/crit chance at close range, shall we? ;)

Babablacksheep likes this.
  11. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

So with the current sniper cannon people are already complaining about “getting shot from across the map and 1.6k hp gone” and having difficulty to get close. Buffing the long range damage of sniper by, say 25%, and nerfing the close range damage by the same 25% (not sure if it’s fair, just an example), then you’ll see people complain that they “get shot from across the map and 2k hp gone”, or “before I get in range to shoot my BC I’m half dead”.

Edit: also, you think players are gonna carry only one sniper into battles so that they are weak at close range? Shooters be like: I’ll camp here and use my sniper with long range damage buffed to hit you until you’re up close and here comes my EC in your face :cool:

12. ShipCrusherCz

I have nothing against sniper, I don't use it but I like it in it's current form, just wanted to add something to the discussion and to correct some statements

13. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Getting crit from far away sucks. But that would be okay, if there was a way to counter it (like railgun that does less damage at close). But there isn’t. You can say ”don’t go in the open” or ”ise waves as a cover”, but i have asked in this and the previous thread and nobody answered me. This is why we think that it would be reasonable for sniper to have a way to counter it. Since most damage comes from crits, crit chance (not damage) should be reduced the closer you are. That would give a way to counter it (getting close) but it wouldn’t do anything with the long range shots.

So no dmg nerf, no dmg buff, only a crit chance decreasing like railgun. And maybe moving the talents.

14. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Yes, there is a lot to complain about, because it’s powerful in a lot of situations. What we want is for it to have some kind of drawback to make it feel fair. And no! Doing 400 damage, consistently, from an unbeatable range, with barely any lead required, is not a drawback, that’s still pretty damn awesome.

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Ask any player, we'll never be sour about getting shot from the other side of the map, we'll be sour about getting shot at long range AND getting crit at short range AS WELL. And about the explo thing you suggested, this is what I WANT. I want shooters to USE CLOSE RANGE ALTERNATES. I want them to be forced to use them! This will reduce spamming by a LOT!

16. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

I think what people meant about using waves as cover is, since sniper and railgun have straight projectile (sniper has small arc, but still relatively straight), it’s harder for them to hit you if they don’t have a clear sight on you. Unlike sniper/railgun, standard cannon, BC and EC are easier to shoot over waves. Surely we can’t hide from sniper all the time as we can’t predict or follow waves 100%. We all have done it (using waves as cover) before, intentionally or unintentionally.

17. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

I can’t believe, after all things said in that 24 pages discussion, you’re still feeling sniper is OP and we’re again at this place discussing what’s the drawback of sniper, but I’m tired of explaining again and again. I feel truly sorry for you and feel disappointed with players (including myself) who tried to convince you sniper is not OP because we failed badly lol.

Mad_Bulls_007 and ElMataC like this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

Bwahahaha no. I have 7k+ battles, and lemme tell you, the arc is not all that good. Cannon(standard), yes. But cannon(blast), no. And cannon(ex), hell no.

It's not enough of a difference. I've shot at first sight over the wave and still haven't managed global cooldown before the unfriend's snipe reaches the perfect arc point. That's a <2 second window!

19. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

It’s funny that this thread started off with @ViscountSniffit complaining about the long range shots from snipers that he was unable to fight back or to run away from them and get shots from across the map. Nerfing the close range capabilities of sniper is a nerf that, although I don’t support it, is kinda acceptable. But nerfing the close range capabilities and at the same time buffing the long range capabilities will only do more harm than good. Imagine more powerful snipers were hitting @ViscountSniffit in the first replay he shared here, he would be dead much earlier. I just don’t think sniper need any kind of buff.

And currently shooters do use short range weapons like EC, grenade, Blast and Flare. Not that every shooter is running all snipers or LRM at the moment.

Mad_Bulls_007 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  20. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Let me be clear with you guys before I leave this discussion.

I was a sniper user but i scrapped them (two T4 rare and three unlevelled epic T1 sniper) once I get my legendary EC, so I’m not someone who defends sniper because I afraid my weapon will be nerfed. And as an ex-sniper user for over 10k battles, I know sniper isn’t OP. Also as a speeder using grenade/flare/EC, I know what it’s like to need to get close to shooting range. Still, I don’t think sniper is OP. Powerful? Yes. But OP? No. I’m gonna leave this discussion before it gets to 20 pages lol. ;)