1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This is why Sniper is Broken

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 4 May 2018.

1. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I don't make videos I can share my replays and you can count how many sniper shots caught me if you promise to count the other weapons shots as well ;) just don't be disapointed after realize there are not as many sniper users on my battles as the Nerf sniper religion claims to exist :)

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

(Reg+burn)× crit. The second one would be too OP

Nikkie! likes this.
  3. Rainbow Warrior

Actually this one would be stronger
    (200 + 40) X 2,5 = 600
    200 x 2,5 + 40 = 540
    If it works this way, you can have a decent bonus on a fire bomb + sniper combo even using only crit chance perks

4. TheAntiSnipe

Oh, I though you were asking with stacks xD.

Nikkie! and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  5. Rainbow Warrior

That'd be soooooo OP

6. TheAntiSnipe

Ikr

Nikkie! likes this.
  7. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Replay is perfectly fine.
    I don’t want to count shots, i want to see how you avoid sniper shots mainly with this wave cover thing.

8. TheAntiSnipe

On the enemy side, wave evasion looks like they don't *have* the shot ready at all. So they don't shoot at all.

Nikkie! and FearsomeChicken like this.
  9. Rainbow Warrior

I don't use waves as cover, maybe you are confusing me with another player who thinks sniper is balanced, what I try to do is to dance as unpredictable as possible :)
    I don't remeber if there were snipers users o my last battles, but I'll log in and copy them here ;)
    I was going to watch them, but I want to play lol so I'll just post them
    https://replay.battlebay.net/LKJWZRWG#CJBQKCBR
    https://replay.battlebay.net/TVPBSPZJ#CJBQKCBR
    https://replay.battlebay.net/VYPDMJMB#CJBQKCBR
    https://replay.battlebay.net/NVFRKNTT#CJBQKCBR

Last edited: 5 May 2018
  10. A55A51N

Student
    I don’t see that as a valid argument for the nerf. Sure, it’s used, but so are turbo and big shield.

Rainbow Warrior and Fluid Bait like this.
  11. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

Over-used does not mean OP.

12. A55A51N

Student
    Absolutely

13. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Definitely but i am sure if devs balance sniper it still be one of the most popular weapons in the game. It is OP right now.

A55A51N likes this.
  14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

All my heaviest canons are T5 Rare, and I don't use Sniper. My training tree misses a half dozen talents that would add to Sniper's effectiveness, which may have a lot to do with it. Players use it because of its reach and I'm constantly hit by ghost sniper shots... can usually duck away but not after losing 1.5-2k damage, which more than nullifies my entire small shield. But that doesn't happen every match.

From a training tree perspective you are forced to choose between the two main 1-slot weapons BC and Sniper (Std Canon being a bit too light for most people's tastes)... and this is why you see multi-Sniper or multi-BC ships. No way to run both effectively, not to mention conflicts with Ex Canon. It's a choose-your-one-canon type of game... and most people opt for Sniper because it's the safest. Not entirely sure that makes it OP, but from my training tree perspective, it's less effective than Standard Canon. From another's, it's highly effective.

15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Because it’s not just about the damage it deals, it’s also about the damage it doesn’t need to deal because it’s so feared.

I spend most of my games having to hide behind walls, and Nitro from cover to cover, because all the open areas are controlled by Snipers. The smallest mistake: lingering in one place too long, peering a little too far around a corner... and I’m potentially going to get hit with thousands of hp worth of damage.

Sometimes I’ll slip up and be heavily punished for the mistake, with multiple sniper shots and crits (that’s the damage you see). But even in the games where they don’t do any damage, Snipers are still dictating my every move.

Keeping me out of areas, that I know (from bitter experience) are too open. Forcing me to hide behind walls, and wait for Shooters to damage each other before I can even think about joining the game.

Even if they don’t damage me ‘this time’, they’re still exercising huge area control all the time. That’s what makes them so OP compared to weapons like EC.

Against EC it’s like: “go right up next to that ship, and you’re gonna take huge damage”. But that’s actually really easy to ‘not’ do.

Sniper is like: “go anywhere on this map that isn’t cowering behind a wall (being useless), and you’re gonna take huge damage” that’s untenable.

16. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

When the 3x rewards started it felt like my crit rate has been reduced even though it doesn’t say so. Anyone else notice this? My std. cannon however had been criting more often

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  17. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

You know what? Now that I think about it, that's kind of true.

18. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

My guildmate has a theory that it’s cause I use 2 snipers, like my crit rate is reduced when using multiple... anyways it’s all conspiracy lol

19. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I use one sniper and one standard

Djradnad likes this.
  20. Rainbow Warrior

Maybe tesla shield could help to make your gameplay more enjoyable