1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This is why Sniper is Broken

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 4 May 2018.

1. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

@ViscountSniffit... Sniper Cannon feels underpowered at my current infamy (4.2k). These Enforcers/Speeders are just eating it with their shields and Defenders and Shooters laugh at it with their immense health pools.

I thought the same thing that you did at your infamy. I think the problem is that Sniper is just most effective in the 1500-3000 infamy range. Once you get over that, the Blast and Explosive Cannons start to dominate.

Cryix, TheAntiSnipe, Ian and 6 others like this.
  2. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

As I said, you're just looking at its pros but don't consider its cons.

And protip for life in general: try not to think like "I am the good one every other is bad"

3. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Speeders can't use 2 tesla sheild so you can shoot him when they don't use it , and enforcer ,well you know that everyone is saying how OP they are now

And defender ,ok now what make defender a defender is 1 hit doesn't matter for them

But what about shooters don't have all that HP ? First they have too much hp , a mk7 defender with all t5 epic sheild has 20k HP and a mk7 shooter with only 1 big sheild and 1 standard sheild has 11k HP
    But still a SC crit damage is 2k , 2/11 =~ 20% so it takes about 1/5 of their HP , balanced ?
    Ok i know it doesn't crit always, but it crit more than 50% for sure , nevermind , but (+2k + 750 )/ 22k =12% = 1/8 it isn't OP but it is not balanced at all ,

so buffing other cannons will make it balanced (like all have 5% crit chance as base) , but this will make all cannons OP ,

Last edited: 5 May 2018
    Cryix likes this.
  4. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Just correcting the facts: 45 % is the max with all epic perks.

Ok, now I let the show go on.

TTrain, Cryix, A55A51N and 5 others like this.
  5. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I know but it isn't what i see

Last edited: 4 May 2018
  6. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Just because the way you see is wrong ;)
    OMG why am I back to this thread? Why?

7. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

GIT GUD

jk, i suck too, but i don't get hit by snipers, unlike you!

Nikkie!, danielCragere, Cryix and 3 others like this.
  8. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    In before 200+ replies again...

Nikkie!, Cryix, Shadow Moon! and 6 others like this.
  9. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

You will get 2k damage from other side of the map. You will come closer and you got 2k damage again. If it is a long range weapon, FINE. You can get %5 or 10 more chance in long distances. It is sniper's nature after all. But let close range weapons like blast and exp do them job in close range fights. The problem is sniper doing best in all ranges and that is not fair. There is no weapon that powerful in the game. Sniper should lose strength in closer ranges, that is all. My idea is not killing sniper, just make it balanced. Is it wrong?

Last edited: 6 May 2018
    Elyport, Mr. Chompers, Cryix and 2 others like this.
  10. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Sniper is not OP! Everyone who says sniper is OP are just looking at the cons. They don't deal as much damage as blasts and explosives. They don't have quick reload like standard. They also don't have a big curve to help shoot over waves, which the other cannons do. Also, one thing that throws off its accuracy is range. Since it has a longer range, the players will often shoot from farther away, therefore having a higher chance to miss. Don't look at only the pros, look at the cons too. I only use sniper because I've used it since the beginning and grew used to it. But if I had the choice, I would replace it for the same level explosive cannon.

11. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I use a t1 epic sniper on my mk2 fixer at 1100 infamy. It does 200 damage and has a little more than 15% crit, and most ships have about 4k health. It feels op to use.
    Please note: I do NOT want to argue about whether sniper is OP, I'm stating my feelings, then I'm gone.
    The reason sniper feels op is confirmation bias. When it doesn't happen, you don't notice. 500 damage? Even on my 3.3k health enfo that doesn't bother my too much.
    But 1.5k (at 3k thats average) from a boat way out of range? Feels bad man.
    Every now and then I just need to step away and re-evaluate, remind myself to use cover, to only let one boat see me at a time, to be patient, etc.
    I think sniper needs a slight nerf, not because it is op, but because it feels too bad to be happening so often.
    Maybe a rework? Crit decreases at extreme range, and decreases at short range. Getting a crit +1 sniper range (I've done it twice)? That's not right...
    Okay I've stated my opinion, you can lock the thread now, thanks. :p (jk)

Nikkie!, Fluid Bait, Cryix and 2 others like this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

And YOU, my friend, have probably not seen my vids carefully. I dodge those buggers every day of the week. You see, sniper cannons don't need much lead, meaning the moment you are spotted is usually the moment you are shot. Let's look at it another way. If you can think about exactly how much time is needed to lead and fire, you can dodge without thinking much. I merely count to two and nitro, and that is SURE to land a sniper shot. In . The. Water.

As for the seconds shot, I have 1.7 speed and a binitro build. I'll be long gone.

Nikkie!, Cryix, Fiorell and 3 others like this.
  13. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

You already had vision on them, so instead of staying in that turnel and move back, you still approach them - 1st mistake :)

You don't know how to use wave as your cover - 2nd mistake :)

14. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

It gets to the point where you just have to accept it's part of this game man, I gotten over it.
    The devs made a brilliant addictive game but they are just terrible judges of balance. I've given up after they completely trashed frost launcher, a very rarely used item.
    The issue definitely is the crit rate, the guild raffle has helped people get epic crit rate perks, at lower infamy that makes sniper OP. it's the only weapon you routinely see people run two or three of.
    Double Tesla shields are becoming abused as well.
    The matchmaking is another thing they can't get right, in fact it gets worse when they "update" it. I can accept the wanting to have a 50% win lose ratio, it triggers more people to buy items.
    Guild rivalries are another thing they made worse by "fixing". Everyone is leaving their old guilds because they're getting impossible matchups season after season, when one good player leaves they suddenly can't make their record and the downward spiral of people leaving begins.

Again the game is the best mobile I've ever played, even for being a year old, but the balancing is just a lost cause.

15. TheAntiSnipe

True. I lost all hope when the devs said it was balanced. My gut tells me it isn't. But you know what? We can still fight those sniper-toting noobs, AND wipe the seafloor with them;)

Cryix and The Otherguy like this.
  16. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    what kind of nerf ( again ) do you want ?

SC already nerf couple time , yes because it's OP before but now , it's enough , base crit change for SC are 15 % , with 3 slot and 4 slot for epic & legendary you can maxed crit change to 37,5% and 45% ) another perk for sniper are +8% dmg and %crit dmg 20% . ( epic perk , red )

now , if you happened to get shoot in the match , maybe you are too long standing still , or if you're moving and still get hit by SC , it's simple your movement are predictable and the enemy make a big leading shoot .

pls stop and just bear with it ,

sincerely , SC user

danielCragere and Cryix like this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

Jeez. This is gonna continue the same way as the rest of them, isn't it?

Locking.

18. TheAntiSnipe

19. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

@TheAntiSnipe kindly agreed to unlock the thread, providing it doesn’t get salty. So please let’s try not to disappoint him.

On topic: when I look at things that have taken severe nerfs lately, such as Tasla Bolt. The reason for that wasn’t because of damage (Tesla Bolt literally wasn’t hurting anyone). But some people obviously felt that it was being used too much, and was preventing them from playing and enjoying the game.

Now look at my game. Sniper is doing exactly the same thing. It’s being spammed and it prevented me from being able to play the game.

This is happening all the time. In every single game, sniper spamming takes its toll. Sometimes it’s only 1-2 hits for 500 that you can recover from, but sometimes it just ruins your game before you’ve even had a chance to play.

If I get hit by a Big Torpedo at the start of the game, then it will also ‘likely’ spoil my game, but I also know that it’s incredibly difficult to aim, and that it was just a very unlucky fluke.

But when I’m hit by a sniper, with a massive crit, at the start of the game: I can’t just put that down to bad luck, because that’s exactly what it’s designed to do. It wasn’t difficult to aim, it’s the easiest weapon in the game to hit with; it even tends to hit when you’re moving away, because of the low angle. And it’s not bad luck when it’s critting 35-45% of the time. That’s just regular luck. And that’s not right.

Nikkie!, Elyport, Ultrah and 6 others like this.
  20. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

Doesn't it look like that you ALLOW them to spam sniper at you when you already had vision on them and still continue approach while you should retreat?. In addition, you don't know how to move backward. You took your time to turn your board the whole way around, and again, giving the chance and time to let the enemies spam sniper at you :)