1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This is why Sniper is Broken

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 4 May 2018.

1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

https://replay.battlebay.net/DWXCDXVR#NFGDXGMH

You can’t even run away from them. Super fast, super accurate, and way too powerful, no weapon should be that good. Even without the crits they’d be OP.

I didn’t get to fight ‘at all’ in that game; ended up doing zero damage, and why? because I spotted some ships I didn’t want to engage, and tried to get away from them. But there is just no escape. Even before I die, someone else takes a potshot at me from right across the map with one.

At least with things like EC you can move out of range, and there is a chance the shooter might miss.

Fix this stupid broken BS!

2. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Stop saying "nerf sniper cannon " there are thousands of noobs like me who need an item like SC ( fast ,long range , high damage ...) Especially for people who pay a lot we should be above high skilled f2p player ,we are p2w we are 100x better

iam not a p2w , and i scrap every single SC i have immediately , i just said that because it is the simple and sweet

Last edited: 4 May 2018
    EyesTv, xxxBISMARCKxxx, Cryix and 3 others like this.
  3. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Damm! That sucks! Heck, even I made a video about one of my own experiences.

You can guarantee yourself that the pea shooter will DEFINITELY land a crit in any game you play.

Cryix and The Otherguy like this.
  4. ViscountSniffit

It’s not even the crits that bother me (though they certainly don’t help).

It’s the range and accuracy, and the fact that everyone has them.

It feels less like an enemy weapon, and more like a kind of ‘negative bandage’ that I have loaded on my ship, that will just randomly take big, unavoidable, chunks of hp away, out the blue.

That was a particularly bad game, but, honestly, in every game, I feel like there is a certain amount of ‘sniper tax’ that you just have to pay with your hp, just for being in the game.

Last edited: 4 May 2018
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I got killed by just two epic t4 sniper cannon crits this morning. I don't really mind tho.

Nikkie!, kurdo.119, Raunak and 4 others like this.
  6. Kurd1stan.

Wait a minute , you are a speeder and still you weren't killed by the first crit , you were so Lucky

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I was playing enfo, I had 3.2k HP. My speeder would've flattened that mk6 shooter like a tincan*evil grin*

8. Kurd1stan.

Lol :D:D:D that is really funny , you said that there is a ship which can avoid 2 sniper cannon in a row , lol i have to follow your account you are so funny

Nikkie!, Cryix, TheAntiSnipe and 3 others like this.
  9. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Nice, we really needed another thread on this, I don't think the devs were aware yet that @ViscountSniffit doesn't like sniper.

/s

10. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I don't know how to redirect to a locked thread but
    Screenshot_20180504-151402.png I'd say it indicates balance ;)

Nikkie!, Cryix, TheFixer27 and 5 others like this.
  11. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Please not again. I really don’t want to correct every wrong argument the no-nerf camp makes. So @ViscountSniffit , maybe you could ask for a lock?

12. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    I’d say it indicates that we don’t know
    1) How many of these weapons an average user has (2 blasts overpower sniper)
    2) Have they used any fire weapons to combo BC and EC, because as established in the last thread, fire + blast clearly outpowers sniper, but also comparing a combo with a single weapon isn’t fair.

WarCream, Ultrah, Cryix and 3 others like this.
  13. ViscountSniffit

No it’s not balanced. And that data proves it.

I pretty much need to suicide my ship if I want to get a shot with EC, and will often take more damage than I dish out. AND my damage tends to come later in the game (when one or two snipers have been sunk, and it’s finally feasible to move forward). Or in the above case, not at all.

Snipers are doing just as much damage, while sitting at the back, and getting it right at the start of the game, which provides a lasting advantage.

Just watch the game. How is that in any way something players should constantly have to deal with?

Nikkie!, Cryix, Ian and 3 others like this.
  14. Kurd1stan.

First ExC is 2 slot so it should be the first

Second BC is used by speeder and enforcer more than others , so they can get close to get ride of all BC cons ,

And third when i said SC has a high speed and range this doesn't mean that SC with its speed and range it will beat BC , but it mean it is so easy to use and that is what make it an OP item , so it need something that remove that OPness but instead it got a high crit chance

15. ViscountSniffit

We do need another thread because it’s still ridiculously OP, and they never do anything about it.

And everyone knows it’s OP. Look at this battle log...
    1B6000AA-75CF-4335-8CEA-A92C2D125D04.png
    Every player on the enemy team has a Sniper. 11 in the game total, and three players running 2 side by side.

Because it’s friggin OP! And everyone knows it. If the devs can’t glean that from the data, then they’re evidently not interpreting it properly, because the playerbase clearly knows it, and abuses it.

Nikkie!, Cryix, BasedCarpen and 2 others like this.
  16. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Guys, our brains are working on different frequencies :D
    For me if two similar weapons (cannons) do almost the same average amount of damage all around the player base it indicates they are ballanced :D
    No matter what anyone says you'll disagree, sooooooo
    ica-gif.gif
    Bye ;)

Nikkie! and danielCragere like this.
  17. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Ohh!! Wasn't everyone using two or three of Snipers.
    Wasn't it the most used OP weapon. How can any other weapon compares to its opness, speacially poor nerfed Slow Projectile High cooldown EC which no longer needs to be called a 2 slot weapon.
    Devs must have gave us Wrong Data.
    And if Sniper aint OP what then why it bothers us so much....never mind
    SNIPER IS OP...SNIPER IS OP( ear and eyes closed) SNIPER IS OP

18. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

There's also 8 players with explosive cannon, and 3 players running 2 side by side. Clearly then, EC is OP and needs another nerf!

danielCragere, Cryix, Iunch and 5 others like this.
  19. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

First things first, presenting some screenshots like those doesn't prove any point, if that was the case i could play a normal day of battle bay and present you with this same thread directed to almost every other weapon in this game.

Secondly "Because it’s friggin OP! And everyone knows it. If the devs can’t glean that from the data, then they’re evidently not interpreting it properly, because the playerbase clearly knows it, and abuses it." is not a real answer for more than one reason:

The devs (not sure if everyone) do actually play the game, they are part of the playerbase, some have played more than you;

As you can see in these threads, there are lots of people (players) who don't agree, and guess what? Players are the playersbase; you could probably think that these are people who just like to have an OP weapon, and some may actually be like that, but the same kind of situation can be seen with people agreeing on the SC nerf: they might just be people who doesn't like the gameplay of a weapon that they might not even use, but that doesn't make it overpowered;

I personally use it, but not because I find it op, it just fills my need to have a long range direct shot, if I had a powerful enough Railgun I'd use that instead. I agree that it has a simpler gameplay pattern than other weapons, but that doesn't make it OP; you are just focusing on the strong aspects of its gameplay, but it actually is a weapon that carries its own drawbacks.

Cryix, Fiorell, The Otherguy and 3 others like this.
  20. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member