1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix the damn Tesla Bolt!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ViscountSniffit, 1 May 2018.

1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Seriously! 20 friggin seconds, waiting for cooldown, and then a Fixer can just instantly remove it and undo all your damage?

I don’t like the overlong cooldown on Tesla Bolt, but if that’s the ways it’s got to be, then it should be worth it!

Which means these things need to go:

Tesla Resistance
    This isn’t needed anymore, or should at least be shortened to just the length of the Bolt (for rare overlapping cases). Anyone who waited 18-20 seconds for a stun deserves the full duration.

Fixers Removing Stun
    Just No! The cooldown is too long to just have it instantly removed after 2 seconds. And before Fixers start complaining, this rule just makes me stun you all the time instead.

Healing Through Stun
    Healing Bolt is one of the most used healing items. If Tesla Bolt can’t prevent that healing, then the crew talent to prevent healing might as well not exist. Also 20 seconds of cooldown! For that price it should actually do something.

In conclusion. Tesla Bolt has too many nerfs stacked on it at the moment (as does frost). The final ‘big nerf’ was more than enough. All the other crap needs to be rethought/removed.

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Amen to that. Though I'm never going back to tesbolt again. The nerfs are WAAAY too extreme.

3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I still run tesla bolt on a MK5 speeder, but I am pretty sure I could leave the slot completely empty and would have similar results, its useless

4. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

It has always been strange to me how repair bolt can heal through the stun, and I guess the tesla resistance could be lowered a bit

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

Healblock-useless
    Stun duration- ok
    Cooldown-GOD NO DONT GET ME STARTED

Overall, not something a duellist would consider taking into battle.

6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Throwing my name in the hat. As a single bubble Enforcer that uses a Tesla Bolt instead, it is laughable sometimes when I wait 20s to stun somebody and then they immediately get the stun knocked off. That cooldown nerf was far too severe.

7. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

18AECC98-5B6A-47B1-83EE-76088B639494.gif

This nerf was ridiculous from the beginning. They did it to stop bolt spam in high leages but they completely *beep* up mk5 speeders and below. Just set a rule that boats can’t use +2 Tesla bolts in the same build or when +2 bolts are in the same boat, then the cooldown raises to 20sec.

8. TheAntiSnipe

LANGUAGE. Damn.

9. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Oh the irony...

irony.PNG

Fluid Bait and Babablacksheep like this.
  10. nosesabe

What? I didn’t say a beep bad think in that beep comment... :rolleyes:

11. TheAntiSnipe

I modded it, lol

12. TheAntiSnipe

13. ViscountSniffit

It’s not his fault. No words, good or profane, can fully do justice to how *beep*ing *beep*ed *beep* *beep* *beep* the Tesla Bolt nerf was. :mad:

Back on topic. I think it should have a minimum hp to break, like Tesla Shield does. Mine is supposed to stun for ~10 seconds. But the average duration is probably <GCD because idiots break it.

14. Fixer Wiseman

Fixer Wiseman Member

Yeah as F2P I definitely felt your pain, I've invested a lot into one slot yellow items. I used to use a frost blaster, tried it for a while after the nerf but it was so useless and I needed the parts so scrapped it to build a tesla bolt (absolutely no regrets, the frost blaster is a waste of a slot now)

Now I have a tesla bolt that doesn't have much impact on the game. The stun resistance period and long cooldown don't make sense if the stun can just be easily removed by a hit or heal bolt. Now I'm trying to build a nitro as a replacement but don't have the parts to do so, will try do it without scrapping my tesla bolt.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  15. nosesabe

I did exactly the same haha Scrapped the Frost blaste to evolve a Tesla bolt. And after the nerf I could have perfectly scraped it to evolve my second Tesla shield...

16. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Devs should add a damage to tesla bolt when it broke for how many secs left stun. My suggestion is 100 damage for 1 sec.

17. ViscountSniffit

That’s a fantastic idea! :eek:

I would argue that it might encourage people to break them more... but that isn’t really possible. Getting some extra damage out of it would certainly take the edge off.

18. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

What's the actual CD people are getting on those bolts because I still see plenty of people using them and it sure seems like less than "18-20 secs"...

19. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

The 16 second stun is still a powerplay. Speeder has dominated the charts for all of 2017, them being back to a balanced represetation is not a bad thing. No need to push them back over the top again. (Sorry)

A55A51N likes this.
  20. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

The actual CD is 16 seconds, not 20.