1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.9 "Bay Sweet Bay"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Mar 2018.

1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Not AFTER taking down tesla shield. You get in their tesla shield and shoot, that's when you are supposed to get the achievement

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Watch the replay, you get it after, too. I was requesting a bugfix.

3. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

Scrolling is never an issue for me.
    Then again I do use a Samsung Tab A.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Claudius Maximus

Claudius Maximus Active Member

While I don't agree with the sarcastic tone of this post, the contents are strikingly accurate.

The adverse effects of this decision feel like they have been overlooked:
    Guild leaders will purge players who main as fixer for better contributors. Fixing quests are easy enough for people to complete with their secondary fixer boats.
    Fixers will try to damage deal instead of play their roles for the sake of contribution affecting the balance of games.

A shooter can have 5 weapons all contributing to a single damage quest but a fixer has 1 or 2 weapons which they rarely get to use if they are doing their job correctly. Healing should contribute to these quests.

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I’m Danish so cant do much about the sarcasm, sorry! The tone comes out every time I think about the completely unnessacary Repair Pulse nerf that left the class as trash for months. This patch finally adressed parts of the problem they created when they neutered Pulse, but as a cherry on top they make the green boat shit for questing again. And do so without even bothered to explain their reasoning. (Again, a healing contribution nerf was fair enough.. going to 0% is drastic though). In a game where the vast majority comes from questing, being able to contribute to quests is fairly important.

The continued tradition of slapsticking Fixers is tiring, and I worry about how large a nerf next patch will bring. I mean, if they nerf Fixer when its mediocre (Repair Pulse nerf), whats gonna happen when 2 Fixers are nearing the top 10. My bet is on a massive Repair Bolt nerf next patch.

Boeggla likes this.
  6. PastelPiku

Security
    The big 3.0 is gonna be what decides whether I still wanna play or not. I've been cutting back a lot, lately, mostly from just getting bored of the same gamemode over and over, and the 50/50 win rate doesn't help much.

If the 3.0 patch is nothing but nerfs and UI changes, idk what to look forward to. The last big new feature was guild quests, which were fun for a while but now just tends to screw with matchmaking. Guild quests should just be removed. We need something else we can do as a guild that doesn't make such a heavy impact on regular matches.

7. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Could we (finally) get some some feedback on why healing contribution had to be sliced to 0% rather than an amount that makes Fixers useful for guildquest?

For me its another week of 'play the boat I want to play, or help my guild and play something else'.

Either let a fair amount of healing count or rework quests into not being so heavily centered on finding a way to do damage with the worst weapons in the Bay. Tossing a deadweight weapon on a shooter is not big deal, devotion 50% of your arsenal (also a speeder issue) to trash is another matter.

HARPO! likes this.
  8. PastelPiku

Security
    Imo guild quests came into the game too soon. They'd have been easier to manage had there been more content to pair with it, specifically guild related modes and events.

9. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

I don’t care if we don’t have any guild quests any more. It’s not fun, when you have to play with weapons which you don’t like. For fixer, it’s also silly. It’s really shallow idea. No consideration made for all ships.

HAPPY SITHSHA and PastelPiku like this.
  10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

That’s, like, their motto.

Fluid Bait likes this.
  11. Asigossi

Asigossi Member

You don't have to play with weapons you don't like to earn points towards quests.

The Otherguy likes this.