1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Match making and cutest baby animals

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fish, 27 Apr 2018.

Tags:
  1. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

For the past several guild seasons (maybe since they put in the guild match making changes) it feels like match making is affected by where my guild is in the group of 6. This includes feedback from other guild mates too. If we are behind, we seem to get more and longer win streaks. When the guild is leading, we seem to suffer many losses and longer losing streaks. The last 24hrs of the week seem to return to normal. Maybe just conspiracy theory, but it repeats regularly.
    It would stand to reason that this would support that update’s intent of bringing weekly contests closer together between guilds. It doesn’t help with boost buying if one guild is way ahead causing the other teams to back off - so involving guild progress could certainly make the guild competition more intense and encourage more boost buying.
    I have no facts to support this - just a perception (and a frustrating start to my battle bay day - the day that we moved several quests ahead of the others in our group).

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    It might have something to do with the season reset, but I doubt it. The devs say they don't manipulate matchmaking in any way, other than trying to get the same amount of each mk on a team, and I believe them.

3. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

in almost every battle I played this season there was some imbalance like this:
    enemy team has one fixer but it's mk5, we have two fixers, one mk4 (with lvl20 rare bolts) and one mk2 fixer (with uncommons tier I sometimes II), this may look better for us but: we have 3 shooters but only mk4 and they have 4 shooters but mk5
    the difference between the teams in terms ofcapability of healing and damage dealing is too big, it would be more balanced if we had stronger but less shooters and worse fixers and they had more but weaker shooters when they have stronger fixer

4. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Most of my battles have 3x mk5 shooter+ 1x mk4 shooter+ me (mk2fixer) vs 3x mk5 shooter+1x mk4 shooter+ 1x mk5 fixer.
    Its almost always a close battle, and the win loss is around 50%. Why? 'Cause mk5s at 1.1k have low skill.

Blueee and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  5. ShipCrusherCz

yes, they have but they can still deal enormous damage in one shot and they can one-shot you with big torpedo/mine/railgun/sniper critical hit/big bertha

6. The Otherguy

Tech support
    I know. Thats why I use Bolt and stay in the back. I stole the setup of a mk2 fixer I saw at 1800. Sniper+OB+bolt+Pulse+Std Shield. It got me to 1.2k so far, and I'm using one t1E (sniper), 2 t2UC (OB+Bolt), one t2R (pulse) and one t1UC Std shield.

7. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Then I will believe you. One less excuse I can use for losing then - gotta fix my skills.

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

People have very high thougts of how complicated the matchmaker is. Imagine the queuetime if just half the crazy false rumours on these forums were true.

But this thread is based upon a fundamental misunderstanding; The matchmaking engine isnt trying to feed you wins/loses. It doesnt care about how your day at work was and it doesnt wanna see pictures of your pet pig. All it wants to do is to bring 2 teams of 5 with roughly equal infamy together as fast as possible.

9. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I on the other hand would love to see those pictures, so please pm me. Pigs and ducks only please, I don't care about your cat in a box.

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Pigs for me too! Oink!

11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It’s probably just coincidence or superstition/imagination.

However, the relationship (if it exists), might also be causal. You only contribute to quests when you win, so if your contribution is high, it follows that you’ve been winning games, so your infamy will also be high, and thus your matches will get harder.

If you lose a lot of battles, your quest contributions will also be down, but then your games will get easier.

That doesn’t explain why it would be the same for all of you simultaneously, but that’s the best I’ve got.

Shadow Moon! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Y SO MEAN?? ;)
    IMG_20180217_150827.jpg

Ultrah, A55A51N, Blueee and 8 others like this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. ShipCrusherCz

29f03baf35f0cdf28727025ecf00b362.jpg
    it's from google but you wanted pet pigs:D

15. TheAntiSnipe

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

17. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

This thread went off-topic real quick

A55A51N, PastelPiku and Kitterini like this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

Old McDonald's animal pic sharing thread;)

19. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    This just in!

Topic on a relevant thread miraculously swings into a pigsty? and Cats too?!

PastelPiku and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  20. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I think the thread has been hijacked...
    3efc35ad8670d51dce3dec50ed46d440.jpg