1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk heavy strategy.

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 18 Apr 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

My videos are nowadays devoid of explanations as to why I do what I do. Well, that's about to change for you peeps at the forum.

I'm going to go through each of my videos frame by frame and analyze my actions and the reasons they worked and didn't work. Exhibit A:-

Oh, this video is FULL of tips. Happens to be one of my best plays.

Starting off with my first minute of playing. I started, hit the speeder, then got hit with a railgun. As I reversed, considering the ballistics of the shot, I saw the culprit: Louis KK had hit me. Okay. Now I got hit again, by a sniper cannon. "Anyone who uses rail+snipe must have a sniper class loadout," I thought as I started to run, putting up my tesshield.

As I reversed into a better position for duelling, I saw Bytes-RJ rushing in. My tesshield wore off, and I took a hit. To retaliate, I positioned myself along the wall, and shot my flare. I scored a hit, and saw he had a good bandage(since he healed 66 even after that. He fixed his target to another teammate as my blast shot went wild. Now I had a profile of the dude. Someone who uses a sniper cannon, can dodge, and runs bandage and bigshield.

I then moved into the flanking defender, since my teammate needed the pressure to be let off, but the defender didn't take the bait. He was, however, taken down with my team assisting me. Before we could recover, his mate showed up. Louis KK walked into a deadly trap, with enemies on both sides. Something no selfrespecting sniper should do. Me and my mate in the shooter got him... But by that time we were 3v2. I didn't deceive myself, though. Our enfo was critical health, and our shooter had taken a huge beating. Which meant I was already 1v2 when that happened.

When they DID die, I did panic a little, missing my shots at the get-go. After taking out the first shooter by deliberately staying mid-long range to survive. Needless to say, my bandage helped me survive, but it wouldn't have done so if I had rushed recklessly. I tracked the way my opponent's torpedoes were moving to understand which way he was moving, and engaged tesshields whenever possible. Since he was clearly running dual snipers and didn't have much by way of shieldbreakers, the tesla shield proved effective. Since enfo is the king of hide-and-shoot, I managed to use the terrain and my map knowledge to think in the way that he was thinking, and almost always, I got him fooled, strafing from a direction he wasn't expecting.

Overall, thanks to my bandage and my knowledge of how a torp user will position and rush, I won the 1v2.

Finally, a small reminder: Watch the first thirty seconds. I could have died there if I'd stayed, running for the exit saved me there.

2. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    That's alot of thinking and tactics,nice work!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

Thanks, and I'm not embarassed to say that I had shaky hands after this fight... It was scaaaaary.....

4. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Nice battle!
    A suggestion: when it became 3v2 you started playing really agressively without regrouping or looking back to see if your teammates had the health to support you. This lead to your super low teammate charging with you and dying. If you and your team were able to wittle them down more with more guns (because 3v2), it might've not become a 1v2 situation.

TheAntiSnipe and Fluid Bait like this.
  5. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

Lol, happens to everyone.

At least to those who try to win and not be mk6 shooter trying to get to club some seals.

TheFixer27 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

One reason I didn't regroup was that staying close to a shooter in the closed, walled area in WayPains is a sure way to get torped xD. Plus, the alley was napalmed, meaning that the mk6 could "smokescreen" his torps. One splash from that t3 epic(?) Could have killed me in one hit

Sidd gamer and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Your team kind of sucked in that game, they let your flank fall so hard, even when you fell back, you were still taking hits.

I think switching flanks was probably your only option, but then you were still left with an awkward 2 v 1 on the side you dropped.

I think the unfriends made a big mistake at the end, they had no reason to give the game away by engaging you like that. M.Jay was low health with 2 and a half minutes on the clock, he should have just fallen back to the capture zone, and let his buddy hold you off. Even if it went badly, they might have pulled draw out of it.

There is no shame in running away (well maybe some shame, but it’s still worth +24 :p)

Check out this game, double Speeder retreat FTW:

https://replay.battlebay.net/JKNTSMJG#NFGDXGMH

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    Bruh, I just love the work you put into your vids! Well done!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

That explo crit tho...

10. TheAntiSnipe

Also, guys, tell me if you need me to explain any of my videos from waay back!

Sidd gamer likes this.
  11. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    Yeah that would be great! Pls do that with other videos you can find as well, such as matches you like from Kea
    Ok, dude what I recommend for you is to not only do tutorials of Enforcers, but other ships too! Here are some good YT channels you could use:

Enforcer: You, YSL, Keanne Shatter (sometimes uses Enforcer)

Speeder: Your older vids, My Channel, HARPO!, Keanne Shatter, Rahul James

Shooter: Keanne Shatter or search up “Battle Bay Shooter” on Youtube

Defender: Literally no idea… I remember a defender channel I subscribe to like a week ago but forgot his/her name. They are also on the forums!

Fixer: No idea either: Just type of Fixer Battles and you will find some good ones, or look for replays on the forums. I have a vid on my channel too.

And I would love for you to make guides of your older vids too!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Capitan Defender

Capitan Defender Well-Known Member

defender's heaven fields
    Well taht is me i guess :p...im that defender channel...also thx 4 subbing

Last edited: 19 Apr 2018
  13. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    Wait what is ur channel called???

14. Capitan Defender

defender's heaven fields
    CAPITAN DEFENDER...suport me...im 1 poor boe

CoolDownHSNA likes this.
  15. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    For fixers, mine!!
    ComeBlackZ
    (Theres only 1vid ATM cuz I deleted all of my bb Vids because I thought I'll give up when I scrapped everything)

CoolDownHSNA and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  16. Earel

Earel Active Member

Nice battle.
    If ur enemy get better aim , leading shots ... u got 0 chance but battle bay have 80% shooters without brain, - so result it obviously))

TheAntiSnipe and CoolDownHSNA like this.
  17. Capitan Defender

defender's heaven fields
    So frikin true comrade....so frikin true

CoolDownHSNA likes this.
  18. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    Ok, I will edit that back in, wait up!

Yup I have already subbed to you too!

19. Sh@rp shooter

Sh@rp shooter Active Member

Wow man that was pretty awsm......and that feeling of 3 yess when u know the oponents gonna die is what i live for....lol

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

Oh-kay. This session of "Let's talk heavy strategy" is gonna be B.I.G. I've prepared my thumbs, so let's get this show on the road.

This video is clear evidence that you can come back from near-death, with some good plays and tactics. At first glance these clips just look like a montage, but every move I made when I was low-health, was designed to do one of two things:
    1. Make my opponent chase me.
    2. Making sure my opponent didn't notice me.

Both these matches were my first few matches of that day, so I hope y'all will forgive me for being so inaccurate, it takes time to adapt your aim on a speeder.

Clip #1: The Annoying Speeder, Fighthouse.
    Part One: The Hunter
    My first match of the day, and the game wants me to chase down an enemy speeder who's clearly using every trick in the book to throw me off. And as you can see, since he was running diagonal to me, ranged leading was not doing a thing. I first flicked a flare, but he was running really hard. Then I flicked a blast, but I should've led it diagonally, and even so, he'd probably have dodged. Now he was running, my second flare shot was just bad luck and lag, and my second blast was dodged as my target jump-nitro'ed a wave.

And as I followed him fearlessly, I thought, "Something's up with the way he looped me, almost as if his team was setting up a trap..." But realization dawned too late, and BOOM, I landed into a mine. I shot the speeder one more time, but due to me being upset over the damage I'd taken, I missed. Fortunately I'd considered missing as an outcome there, and followed it up with a blast shot which he was unable to dodge, having spent his nitro. And he died. GGs to that dude tho, he lured my sorry a&& into a minefield, which would have killed me if not for a few HP.

Part 2: The Hunted
    I've lost a crapton of HP. Just how much is something I haven't checked yet. Right now, my first order of business is getting out of the shooting arc of the shooter. Notice the flick at 1:10? That was me checking if he'd have an angle on me, and how much time it would take for him to do so. And at the same time it hit me. Their defenders were not looking at me, I was at their blind spot. Their shooters were basically spread out meaning the shooter behind me couldn't possibly be looking at me since he was looking at where our team DPS was. Which means, even if he WERE to turn and get going towards me, he'd need at least 15 seconds to draw a bead on my current position. With that knowledge, I made the decision that staying at the edge of the map, behind obstacles, while commanding my team, will be the smartest use of the 61 HP I had.

Part 3: The Guerrilla
    Now comes the last part. DreadOne was making the classic defender "Plunge" into the enemy team, cleaving our DPS open and setting the stage for Saabyka to open up on our weak flank. Tumcub was in perfect position to assist saabkya, who would draw fire away from him, letting him cut loose.

Which is how it would've gone, if I hadn't recognized the classic "pincer", been at THEIR flank, and flareblasted DreadOne to less than 7.4k HP. Meaning their "plunger" was weak, breaking the first part of the chain. You can start with anyone, but I chose the plunger here to make life easier for the team. See, the plunger is the last to go down since he tries to stay out of the main line of fire, letting his presence irritate the enemy team like a thorn in the side. Then, after opening the ball, I went to the far side of the map instead of dead ahead. Within those 8-10 seconds, I went ghost. The enemy team had no vision on me from about 01:50 to 02:01. Had someone on the enemy team noted my last position, he'd have assumed that I was gonna assault from the left instead of the right, since I made sure to nitro in the exact opposite direction of where I was actually going.

Which is why I caught their shooter by surprise from an angle he never saw coming. By the time he'd turned to face me, he was 1.5k HP poorer, and my evasion tools were all cooled down for the mortar shower I know was coming. The shooter died, their plunger was already dead(lit up by my team the moment I called him out, props to them) which only left their tank, who nobody had focused on. Yet again, I flared him, blasted him, and ran. And again, I ran, not with my team, but in the opposite direction to them. Two reasons: This way I wouldn't die by a stray bullet, AND if he saw me and started coming at me, my team would light him up.

And boom, he died as well. The biggest mistake on the enemy team's part was to use the pincer strat on a team of yellows. Mortars dont faze yellow boats much, and mortars are the backbone of the pincer, since they prevent the enemy from seeing that they are being encircled.

Clip #2: The Fixer Fiasco, Foundry
    Part 1: A normal day
    The battle started out normal. Our enfo, deathstroke, pinged the enemy fixer as a target, which meant I could count on his supporting attacks when I went for the fixer. At the start of the match, I saw faridmt, my flare missed but my blast nailed him. As he went off, I saw an opportunity. The enemy shooters were spaced out, giving me an opening.
    Part 2: I get baited
    Big blue waffle showed me just how wrong I was. Though I very capably distracted two shooters, it meant I was focused, and IIalso missed my chance to hit the enemy fixer, and I limped back to our fixer dodging bullets as I did. The fixer surprised me here. Rather than bolt me, he did the exact thing I wanted him to do: he PULSED me.

Why did I want him to do it? It meant shooters would try to kill me now, maybe be reckless enough to walk into our spawn, where our defender was, and their fixer couldn't help at all.

Part 3: Nailing the brawler with a trap
    Sure enough, big blue waffle took the bait, trailing me. The fixer bolted me at that moment with ON POINT accuracy, and I hope this was his plan all along, to pocket the enemy knifefighter shooter. He was flared, and our defender was not a floater, just someone who'd gone to do something or the other.

The moment I saw him move in my minimap, I relaxed, but that was to be my undoing as I got hit twice, HARD, leaving me at just 66 HP. As the defender moved in I noticed he had all incindiaries. I vision-kited the shooter into missing me as I drove in the back, and as he started retreating from the defender who was charging him down, he got cut down by a blast shot by me. Meanwhile their speeder went down, and their fixer, without the knifefighter to help him, died as well.

Again the fixer was on point(mad respect to him) , he healed me and I went to the front line again to distract the enemy and finish off the battle, with top damage.

I hope these two tactical reports taught y'all something other than "TheAntiSnipe puts up long and colorful walls of text:p" lol. As I always say, "Don't EVER write a situation up as unwinnable".

Peace!

R4Z0R and Fluid Bait like this.